BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

If it's true, we should accept any cash offer that they make hands down. If we could get Roque Santa Cruz, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Reid, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Brown, Paul Gallagher and Maceo Rigters off our books, then we could do so much work this summer...

Nicko, has their been any further development with David Hoilett's situation? Is their any truth in us being interested in Marco Zoro again?

Are you for real? That is 8 of our players you want to get shut of, and just taking the first 5 in your list in turn, where do you imagine we are going to get sufficient cash for each one of them to be able to replace them with their equivalent or better player for the price we get? And that's even assuming that Sam actually gets to keep ALL of the money raised, which we all know he definitely will not. Thank God you are not our manager!!!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell
Are you for real? That is 8 of our players you want to get shut of, and just taking the first 5 in your list in turn, where do you imagine we are going to get sufficient cash for each one of them to be able to replace them with their equivalent or better player for the price we get? And that's even assuming that Sam actually gets to keep ALL of the money raised, which we all know he definitely will not. Thank God you are not our manager!!!

- Roque Santa Cruz - We are looking to sell with Man City, Aston Villa and Spurs interested

- Zurab Khizanishvili - In talks with Gala...

- Steven Reid - Would it change much currently if he left?

- Matt Derbyshire - Wants out... Olympiakos...

- Jason Brown - Wants out... Preston?

- Paul Gallagher - Wants out... Plymouth... We are looking to sell him...

- Maceo Rigters - We would release him if not for his contract, but because of contract he is being loaned out till it ends...

Oh and last time i counted, the above were 7 not 8?

Not quite sure why you are wetting yourself over what i said. 3 are fringe players who are never going to play for the 1st team and are usually loaned out (Zurab, Gally and Rigters), bearing in mind Gally is down to the last year of his deal.

Rovers are actively looking to sell Cruz, Zurab, Derbyshire and Brown. They are all players we should be looking to get rid of to lower our wage bill exactly as JW said also.

In fact the only player from my list who doesn't look likely to leave is Reid. So i presume your appointing that, "thank God you are not our manager" comment to Sam, as it's likely he is going to do exactly as i have suggested above bar Steven Reid? <_<

Oh and the money to replace would come from the money we get for Cruz, Zurab, Derbs, Brown and Gally..?

Can't see why you're making a fuss about the players leaving, how many league games did those players play in?

- Roque Santa Cruz - 17 games

- Zurab Khizanishvili - 3 games

- Steven Reid - 4 games

- Matt Derbyshire - 5 games

- Jason Brown - 3 games

- Paul Gallagher - 0 games, didn't even have a squad number!

- Maceo Rigters - as above

The fact that all the players above made a combined total of 32 league games between them, suggest that we aren't going to miss them too much!

"close" to our asking price? Isn't the clause fixed at around £18m, meaning that they either pay that or don't get him. Unless of course, we want rid anyway [which we probably do].

The suggestion that we might have to sell for a much lower fee than his clause seems wrong to me.

I thought that the clause you refer to was about how much money the player got if we received over 18m for him. As far as I was aware we can sell him for less, however it will mean Roque doesn't get his cut of the fee.

Or have I misunderstood??

The release clause isn't tailored to help the club, its for the player.

We could sell him for any price we want to. The only thing the clause does is ensure that we HAVE to sell if we receive a bid for that amount.

The release clause isn't tailored to help the club, its for the player.

We could sell him for any price we want to. The only thing the clause does is ensure that we HAVE to sell if we receive a bid for that amount.

Therefore, we would be as well off accepting a bid for 15m as 18m - the only difference being that Roque would get nothing.

Yeah - isn't it that he gets £5m if we get £20m? The bit I'm confused about is, does he only get a slice if we get £20m or more, or does he just get anything above £15m? Surely his advisors aren't stupid enough for it to have allowed the former?

Yeah - isn't it that he gets £5m if we get £20m? The bit I'm confused about is, does he only get a slice if we get £20m or more, or does he just get anything above £15m? Surely his advisors aren't stupid enough for it to have allowed the former?

I'm not sure. I thought it was that if we received anything over 18m, he got a cut (maybe 3m) but I maybe wrong with the figures.

The way I see it is that if we recieve a realistic bid of 15m, we should take it. We don't owe the player anything - especially not financially.

They will of negotiated some sort of cut, no matter the price. Its just if they reach the £20m mark that they get £5m. Or maybe they just negotiated a 25% cut with a release fee of £20m?

That way sell for £15m - He gets £3.75m?

Nicko?

Guest benmaxwell

If it was that simple, we would have delt at £15m-£16m... It's probably a percentage that he would get. If it's anymore then 5% the club should hang their heads in shame.

We always seem to get stumped with stupid sell on clauses and player loyalty fees when we sell our better players... :angry:

Guest benmaxwell
It was either that or he didnt sign a new deal and we would therefore be in a weaker position to hold onto him.....

But he had 2-3 years remaining in his contract? I'm starting to wonder whether Hughes made sure their were certain clauses in the 'better players' contracts in case he moved jobs. This would explain why we offered Cruz a new contract. Maybe the clause was lower and we arranged a new higher clause in his contract?

Either way. I hope the loyalty-clause isn't to high?

My understanding is that this loyalty bonus only runs until the end of the month - after that we pocket all of the money. Somebody correct me if I am wrong please!

The way I read it was that the £20m clause ends this june - after that we can demand what we want. There is however no doubt that RSC will have a % of the fee agreed in his contract.

They will of negotiated some sort of cut, no matter the price. Its just if they reach the £20m mark that they get £5m. Or maybe they just negotiated a 25% cut with a release fee of £20m?

That way sell for £15m - He gets £3.75m?

Nicko?

I believe the clause is £18m, so hopefully the 'loyalty' payment is linked to that and only comes in to play at the price minimum.....

If I remember it was anything over the 15m, RSC gets.

The 5m was at the time as we where asking 20m. as we are reported to be holding out for now.

That can't be right. Otherwise why would we hold out for anything over 15m - as we'd just be trying to put money in RSC's pockets.

If I remember it was anything over the 15m, RSC gets.

The 5m was at the time as we where asking 20m. as we are reported to be holding out for now.

That doens't make any sense?! Otherwise we would just let him go for 15 million as it would make no difference to us. I imagine to make it work the mechanic s will be quite difficult ( a % over a certain threshold or something).

Wasn't the loyalty bonus only if he stayed until the summer? So regardless of what was paid for him in Jan he wouldn't have seen any of it?

All very confussing. Can somebody get on the dog and bone to JW and find out all the details please :D

Archived