BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

If MON sells Carew he'll have a mutiny, end of issue, our fans aren't desperate for Roque at all but they're desperate to keep Carew over that animal Heskey.

I personally support MON whatever he does but I am livid with this.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If MON sells Carew he'll have a mutiny, end of issue, our fans aren't desperate for Roque at all but they're desperate to keep Carew over that animal Heskey.

Are you a supporter of your club or 1 player ? that doesnt make sense, roque is a better player than carew, a few of his goals would help you change your mind.

Are you a supporter of your club or 1 player ? that doesnt make sense, roque is a better player than carew, a few of his goals would help you change your mind.

did you read him properly? He said he'd support the manager but he'd still be within his rights to be angry.

You wont be livid if Roque nets you 25 goals next year & you finish 4th!!!

If you get Bentley too, then the understanding that those 2 had... Bentleys ability to find Roque's heed with his eyes shut... well enough said, this could be the diffrence between playing in the Champs League after next season or not for you Villa fans.

MON knows what he's doing, he will see that those 2 had a good understanding & will look to revive it... if it happens for you... you'll be loving it!!!

That can't be right. Otherwise why would we hold out for anything over 15m - as we'd just be trying to put money in RSC's pockets.

That's what I was thinking. Surely any such 'loyalty' payment is just hampering RSC's chances of a transfer?

I'm beginning to doubt it exists to be honest, I can't think of any way it makes sense.

That's what I was thinking. Surely any such 'loyalty' payment is just hampering RSC's chances of a transfer?

I'm beginning to doubt it exists to be honest, I can't think of any way it makes sense.

I think it makes sense because the club expected another big season out of Roque, so at the time him signing a new contract did seem like quite a big act of loyalty. We needed to guarantee ourselves a decent amount of cash when he inevitably moved, and needed to incentivise him to sign a contract that gave us that assurance. If he'd duplicated his first season he'd probably have gone for £18m by now.

I think it makes sense because the club expected another big season out of Roque, so at the time him signing a new contract did seem like quite a big act of loyalty. We needed to guarantee ourselves a decent amount of cash when he inevitably moved, and needed to incentivise him to sign a contract that gave us that assurance. If he'd duplicated his first season he'd probably have gone for £18m by now.

I completely understand why we would want a high release clause in there, it puts us in a stronger bargaining position with other teams; "this is his release clause, pay that or he stays with us".

What I can't get my head round is why Roque and his team would want a loyalty payment put in there that is only activated over a certain amount. If he is entitled to however much above £15 million it is then why would we bother negotiating anything higher than that? It doesn't make sense. £15,000,001 or £20,000,000....it would be all the same to us.

A flat % of any fee received would make sense, but I just can't get my head around the way it's apparently written.

I completely understand why we would want a high release clause in there, it puts us in a stronger bargaining position with other teams; "this is his release clause, pay that or he stays with us".

What I can't get my head round is why Roque and his team would want a loyalty payment put in there that is only activated over a certain amount. If he is entitled to however much above £15 million it is then why would we bother negotiating anything higher than that? It doesn't make sense. £15,000,001 or £20,000,000....it would be all the same to us.

A flat % of any fee received would make sense, but I just can't get my head around the way it's apparently written.

Ah - I see what you're saying. The way it has been writted provides more questions than answers, it must be a % job otherwise, as you say, it makes no sense.

After actually thinking about it, this could probably be the scenario, yes?

Santa asked for a release clause and a loyalty percentage bonus. We agreed as long as the release clause was high enough. The percentage fee applies to ANY sale, be it £5m or £500. If he stood to earn £5m from a £20m sale, it appears to be 25%. In order to prevent us being screwed over, we had an extremely high release clause of £20m which prevents, for example, Santa going for 10-15m and Rovers having a large chunk of it siphoned off. We set the clause at £20m (presumably RSC demanded one) in the knowledge that we'd lose a chunk so effectively pushed the price up so we see more of the money when it comes.

Plausible?

Makes sense to me ADB.

Still think it's a pretty daft thing of RSC to do though, it just makes it less likely a team will stump up the cash for him to move. If we value him at £12 million then we have to ask for £15 million, which could price teams like Villa and Spurs out of a move.

If he doesn't get his way and move on this summer I think he'll only have himself and his greed to blame (assuming this loyalty fee thing exists).

We should agree to let him go for cheaper than £20m if he cuts his percentage of the deal to just 10%. He wants his move so let him. He will get a nice signing on fee anyway!!

£15m with Roque taking 10% (£1.5m), compared to £20m and him not getting a move... It brings more clubs into the equation, then it improves his bargaining position for his next big earning deal.

Win, Win for both as he gets his move, and we get to keep more.

After actually thinking about it, this could probably be the scenario, yes?

Santa asked for a release clause and a loyalty percentage bonus. We agreed as long as the release clause was high enough. The percentage fee applies to ANY sale, be it £5m or £500. If he stood to earn £5m from a £20m sale, it appears to be 25%. In order to prevent us being screwed over, we had an extremely high release clause of £20m which prevents, for example, Santa going for 10-15m and Rovers having a large chunk of it siphoned off. We set the clause at £20m (presumably RSC demanded one) in the knowledge that we'd lose a chunk so effectively pushed the price up so we see more of the money when it comes.

Plausible?

Or

Roque wanted a loyalty bonus when signing a new contract and rovers were reluctant given it wasn't a foregone conclusion he would replicate his first seasons form given his history with injuries. Therefore a compromise was made in that Roque would get a loyalty bonus should bidding hit the 15 million mark as this would mean he would need to perform in the year just gone for teams to bid that highly.

As a result providing rovers with at least one more good year out of him before selling for a nice sum due to him signing the new contract. This would also suggest why the clause expires at the end of June as this again would give Santa the incentive to give us at least one more good year.

Now obviously this hasn't quite happened in that he's not really shown fight or performed for us this season but fortunately for us there are clubs who seem to enjoy throwing money around :rover:

Who knows though. All speculative of course

- Roque Santa Cruz - We are looking to sell with Man City, Aston Villa and Spurs interested

- Zurab Khizanishvili - In talks with Gala...

- Steven Reid - Would it change much currently if he left?

- Matt Derbyshire - Wants out... Olympiakos...

- Jason Brown - Wants out... Preston?

- Paul Gallagher - Wants out... Plymouth... We are looking to sell him...

- Maceo Rigters - We would release him if not for his contract, but because of contract he is being loaned out till it ends...

Oh and last time i counted, the above were 7 not 8?

Not quite sure why you are wetting yourself over what i said. 3 are fringe players who are never going to play for the 1st team and are usually loaned out (Zurab, Gally and Rigters), bearing in mind Gally is down to the last year of his deal.

Rovers are actively looking to sell Cruz, Zurab, Derbyshire and Brown. They are all players we should be looking to get rid of to lower our wage bill exactly as JW said also.

In fact the only player from my list who doesn't look likely to leave is Reid. So i presume your appointing that, "thank God you are not our manager" comment to Sam, as it's likely he is going to do exactly as i have suggested above bar Steven Reid? <_<

Oh and the money to replace would come from the money we get for Cruz, Zurab, Derbs, Brown and Gally..?

You are quite right about the number being 7 in total, but as you will be able to see I am only bothered about the first 5 on your original list not the last 2.....they can go.

My point was (and you have completely ignored it) that I believe it would be very foolish of Rovers to simply sell all those 5 players on the grounds that if they are all fit and are given games on the pitch they are (or were) all good players. But because of their recent non-playing records (for various reasons) they will ALL be seen by other clubs as of fairly low value,and consequently we will get fees that are totally unrepresentative of their true value to Rovers (assuming they are all fit again). So if we sell all of them (especially RSC) for fees that are well below their true value to us when playing to their capabilities, we are going to find that we cannot replace any of them on a like-for-like basis without having to add a considerable amount from our own resources for each of those 5 players. And we all know full well that the chances of Sam getting 100% of any transfer fee are absolute zero, which only make an already bad situation much worse.

I will agree that in the case Derbyshire we might just come out on the right side provided we can screw about £4m out of Olympiacos, but we are certainly on a loser with all the others as things stand right now. If they are retained at least until January and given a chance to play and show their true capabilities, then we might have a chance of getting their true values, but we will still have the problem that the manager will never get the full fee to use for replacements.

Guest benmaxwell
<<what he said above>>

I didn't completely ignore it, and as far as im concerned answered it perfectly.

I will reiterate, Roque (DOES want to leave for a 'bigger' club and is looking increasingly likely he will go!), Jason Brown (sick of being no.2 and has been told he can leave), Matt Derbyshire (has been told he can go to Olympiakos if the right offer comes in), Paul Gallagher (has been told he has no future at the club), Zurab (currently in talks to leave) all want to leave, and as i have said previously, Sam isn't going to stop them from leaving.

The simple fact of the matter is Sam is going to have to make room for new players and free up some of the wage budget as JW has already said, if you have a beef with what he said, give him a call.

Brown is easily replaced if he needs to be replaced baring in mind Bunn. Zurab IS going to be replaced, likely by a player of less cost. Roque is going to cost a bit to replace, but it is likely we will have money left over AFTER we sign this replacement striker. Derbyshire is probably going to be replaced by Mr X who we could apparently sign without selling. So right there is a £4 million odd profit. Gallagher and Rigters make no difference to our first team, and if we offload Gallagher we will make some money from him. Bearing in mind he is down to the last year of his contract.

Just read the news about MON being in for RSC at Carews expense, have to say I'm shocked! Differnces aside, Carew came back from injury and was scoring regularly. MON must know there would be riots if he lets Carew go this summer. I'd be gutted personally. I like RSC don't get me wrong, but he's yet to prove any consistency in the Prem and has an equally as poor fitness record as Carew. For the amount of money you'd demand for him I'm guesing what, 15-20 million. I'd rather go for Vagner Love, has stated he wants to move and he'd prefer England Italy or Spain.

Any more news on this Nicko, like I said, I'd be shocked if Carew was sacrificed for anyone!

Archived