BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

No late one tonight...just a couple of snippets.

Jones is on the list, but it's still anyone's guess who Rovers actually sign.

Heard that Hull went in for Kevin Davies - which Bolton deny - but I don't think we have heard the end of that saga.

Your neighbours have now bid for Easton at Hamilton and are flying in Pancrate tomorrow...but Wolves are now in for the Hamilton kid McCarthy.

Stockport will give the job to Gary Ablett.

Wigan look like getting Scotland...the player not the country.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a long think (dangerous i know :D ) and decided Cardozo is my Numero uno.

I think his style will suit us and could adapt easily to the premiership!

Not happy at all with names being mentioned....Crouch, Jones, Davies etc

All Overrated All over priced! Do know what Cardozos asking price is so cant comment on that!

No late one tonight...just a couple of snippets.

Jones is on the list, but it's still anyone's guess who Rovers actually sign.

Heard that Hull went in for Kevin Davies - which Bolton deny - but I don't think we have heard the end of that saga.

Your neighbours have now bid for Easton at Hamilton and are flying in Pancrate tomorrow...but Wolves are now in for the Hamilton kid McCarthy.

Stockport will give the job to Gary Ablett.

Wigan look like getting Scotland...the player not the country.

i believe burnley are on the tail of a promising young french winger..

looks like ruud is a no go... im really not sure if he would still have what it takes anyway... but i see bent as been put foward again....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...-price-tag.html

nicko what is the chance of us getting bent ? as iv read sunderland want him but they are being linked to everyone at the moment....

thanks

Mr Nicko,

I've been wondering over something for a while now and was hoping you would have the answer??

The clubs obviously not doing so well given our vaste expenditure on last season, now when you add in the cut-backs on wages and the increase in the prize money from this season can I ask does that mean that next summer we will have a real transfer kitty, before sales. Or will it have to go on debts and other such commitments?

Sorry to ask, but given our finances, I'm a little worried about how we will sign anyone at all next season if we have our normal 5M budget.

Thanks in advance as always

Maji

Sorry to ask, but given our finances, I'm a little worried about how we will sign anyone at all next season if we have our normal 5M budget.

I was thinking the same thing - if we keep having to sell someone to raise any reasonable transfer funds (Bentley and now Rocky) for each new season who have we left that can raise anything like the amounts of the past 2 seasons. If the answer is nobody then I fear for our future as a Premiership club!!

The clubs obviously not doing so well given our vaste expenditure on last season, now when you add in the cut-backs on wages and the increase in the prize money from this season can I ask does that mean that next summer we will have a real transfer kitty, before sales. Or will it have to go on debts and other such commitments?

Is the prize money due to go up again this season?? If so by what?

Luckily we have one of the best managers in the business for getting good deals with his money. Jacobsen, El Rio & Di Santo for free, NZonzi for next to nothing and Givet for £3m so far!

The more we can get our wage bill down, the more competitive we can become.

Seems to me that the we're causing ourselves a lot of pain in seemingly giving these get-out clauses at will.

It's worth a topic of it's own really.

Its a double edged blade though isn't it. would we have been able to buy Bentlay without one? I am glad we've put one in the Derb's deal as I'm convinced we'll make money from it in the future.

Its a double edged blade though isn't it. would we have been able to buy Bentlay without one? I am glad we've put one in the Derb's deal as I'm convinced we'll make money from it in the future.

Derbs has a sell-on clause, that's not what I'm talking about.

I also feel we're giving the clauses out too easily but once we started doing it's hard not to. One player/agent finds out that another player has one and wants one too - if we refuse then they might not sign, or we will have to pay them more basic wages (?). The release fees set in the clauses should be a good bit over "market value". £18 million for RSC doesn't look that astronomical now that we're looking to replace him.

Bottom line is a player will leave if he wants to, if we have a fixed price then at least the player can't go around whinging if nobody wants to pay the money he himself obviously thinks he's worth...why else would he sign the contract? :)

Luckily we have one of the best managers in the business for getting good deals with his money. Jacobsen, El Rio & Di Santo for free, NZonzi for next to nothing and Givet for £3m so far!

I thought that from this year onwards the money went up again?? Is it 60M minimum now???

are you talking about when we sign players then?

The only get-out clause is the Rocky one at £18m - we didnt do bad from that deal did we? £18.3m for a player we paid just £3.5m for after just 1 good season and 1 injury riddled one.

Bellamy had one, and Duff too I believe.

The only get-out clause is the Rocky one at £18m - we didnt do bad from that deal did we? £18.3m for a player we paid just £3.5m for after just 1 good season and 1 injury riddled one.

Bellamy? and as Torgeir says, Duff had one as well. How do you know there aren't others? Why couldn't we have got £18m for Rocky without the clause? The decision of when and if he left would have been ours, not the buying clubs.

I reckon we could be in for Beattie. Fits Sams profile and arent Stoke going for Benjani ?

Sam has already said he was interested in Beattie at Christmas but we never sold Santa Cruz. I have a feeling we could end up with his if all else fails, but we'll have to pay over the odds for an average striker in my opinion.

Is Di Santo definitely ours then?

Archived