BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

im not saying santa cruz didnt do well for us in his first season he did great.... but correct me if im wrong but wasnt it the

best season he had in a few years? so hes had 1 good year out of 6... if we looked at a guy like that to sign for us you would

all go crazy at a price of 18 million... this roque replacement is getting a little like he was a god... remember guys he had 1

good season...

As Sam has recently said, when Roque was fit he contributed in a big way to Blackburn Rovers. It was there for all to see that Roque was class & was by no means another Marcus Stewart!

It doesnt matter what happened before he signed with us, we now need to replace a top class striker & some of the suggestions on here & the names we are looking at are not good enough if we want similar quality to Roque!!

Simple as!!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Skysports Transfer Clockwatch (according to a poster on a norwegian board):

"Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is looking for quality not quantity as he looks to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season. Romours has it that Big Sam is turning his eyes to Norway with both Skjelbred and Tettey, two youngs guns playing for Champions league regular outfit rosenborg."

Anything to this, Nicko?

According to Skysports Transfer Clockwatch (according to a poster on a norwegian board):

"Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is looking for quality not quantity as he looks to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season. Romours has it that Big Sam is turning his eyes to Norway with both Skjelbred and Tettey, two youngs guns playing for Champions league regular outfit rosenborg."

Anything to this, Nicko?

I don't think so...the main thrust is for a top striker...and it sounds like it's a 'wait and see' on someone who could become available.

Anything to this, Nicko?

Wouldn't mind Skjelbred myself, even if he is a bit lightweight. Tettey is only slightly better than Mokoena right now and not ready for the PL. £4 million for Skjelbred?

I don't think so...the main thrust is for a top striker...and it sounds like it's a 'wait and see' on someone who could become available.

IF he wants Jones it's going to be a nightmare for us sitting and waiting for Sunderland to get their business done. Surely it's a push for them to get both Bent and Crouch before the start of the season?

If it is a wait and see, why is Sam still here, surely he should be in Austria with the squad ?

Official site:

MANAGER Sam Allardyce has decided to skip the club's pre-season training camp in Austria so he can focus on the search for reinforcements.

The Rovers chief has already been active in the transfer market this summer, adding Elrio van Heerden, Steven Nzonzi, Lars Jacobsen and Gäel Givet to his squad.

However, the Ewood chief is still keen to bring in several more new faces before the big kick-off next month, which is why he has opted to stay behind in England.

Big Sam said: "The summer has been as mad as ever. I've remained here instead of going to Austria, like I've done with most of the clubs I've been at, trying to secure the new players I want.

"It isn't just a striker I'm after, it's all about building the squad in terms of strength in depth and the sort of quality needed to compete in the Premier League on a regular basis."

if the egyptians, mido and zaki, are both still available then they would form a formidable strikeforce. their attitudes might improve if they are together...misery loves company. if sam could keep them focused it would be a coup, as they are dangerous strikers...if he couldn't at least fans would have lots to write about on this forum.

I've heard £4m for both.

I very much doubt that after Rosenborg wouldn't sell Tettey alone to Rennes for €3.5 million just last week.

Gotta agree with Somerset Rover! too, especially Bent will take ages with Tottenham's crazy valuations. However, Sunderland do pay over the odds for someone they really want.

if the egyptians, mido and zaki, are both still available then they would form a formidable strikeforce. their attitudes might improve if they are together...misery loves company. if sam could keep them focused it would be a coup, as they are dangerous strikers...if he couldn't at least fans would have lots to write about on this forum.

I hate Mido and would not be happy with us signing him - he reminds me of a spoilt brat. He throws tantrums and sulks if he isnt the main man.

I hate Mido and would not be happy with us signing him - he reminds me of a spoilt brat. He throws tantrums and sulks if he isnt the main man.

I agree - if we are looking at signing a main striker that we are relying on to get goals then I would be concerned at Mido who may bugger off at any point if people dont play nice with him!!

I can't believe the suggestion of Mido if we get him we will have Benni MKII and is in no way a suitable replacement for Roque I would rather we have a go at finding someone young from abroad as players like Bent/K.Jones/ are good but are very over-priced and feel we could do much better with foreign stars in terms of wages and fees and players like Bent/Jones would commend a huge salary but I feel for the dosh Crouch would be a good shout but depends on wages Beattie I think from a fee point of view would be also vastly over-priced although Zakki is a good shout but also much dependant on wages.

Zakki is a good shout but also much dependant on wages.

Zaki had a decent start, but then seemed to go quiet. Perhaps he was found out?

Don't want to tar all egyptian players with the same brush but every one thats come over to the premier league has had serious off the field issues. Zaki, Mido, Ghaly all huge ego's and off the field antics.

Zaki had a decent start, but then seemed to go quiet. Perhaps he was found out?

Is it a coincidence that he never scored a single goal after Heskey moved to Villa? As big and strong as he is, maybe he needs a big target man to play off. If that is the case then he's definitely no good for us.

I guess we choose from the options available to us but I always look at a player to see if he will fit in with the dressing room. Just as important as having a bucket load of skill, esprit de corps and all that stuff. Therefore for me leave the Egypt guys where they are and look for a bit of character. A happy bunch of first teamers will more than compensate for a bit less quality.

what was janko's price........6-7m for a 25 year old, bit of a gamble but lets just hand the cash over and roll the dice. Having names like mido bandied about is depressing. Just get janko in and move on to the tugay replacement and the less important "luxury" 2nd striker.

what was janko's price........6-7m for a 25 year old, bit of a gamble but lets just hand the cash over and roll the dice. Having names like mido bandied about is depressing. Just get janko in and move on to the tugay replacement and the less important "luxury" 2nd striker.

Yeah I like Janko alot, and for 6m seems a really good price. Lets just slip him in and focus on a cheaper fast foward and a goalscoring midfielder.

Although don't think big sam is thinking that, in Vieri or Di Santo we have a cheap target man, he's probably looking at the gignacs, bents and loves of this world.

Yeah I like Janko alot, and for 6m seems a really good price. Lets just slip him in and focus on a cheaper fast foward and a goalscoring midfielder.

Although don't think big sam is thinking that, in Vieri or Di Santo we have a cheap target man, he's probably looking at the gignacs, bents and loves of this world.

I'd love Vagner Love...

Sadly I imagine that he's on seriously high wages at CSKA Moscow and will be on the wishlist of many prominent clubs. Great shout though.

Janko is my choice.

I know sam has said that he doesnt want loads of newcastle plays but what do you think about Obafemi Martins because none of the big four have been linked with him and i would have thought you could have a bid of 10m and see what their value of him is.

If Bruce and Big Friendly Sam are indeed as tight as Nicko intimates then we can (thankfully) forget Zaki-- no?

and Mido's petulance speaks for itself.

If we're made to suffer another prat, i'd sign up for Bellamy, at least we know what he can deliver at this level.

stuff the eygptians.

I know sam has said that he doesnt want loads of newcastle plays but what do you think about Obafemi Martins because none of the big four have been linked with him and i would have thought you could have a bid of 10m and see what their vaule of him is.

The trouble is that there are doubts over his age and commitment and he doesn't fit Allardyce's profile for a target man. He doesn't have a bad scoring record, but he'd be better playing just off a "Davies-type".

I'd like to know how much Janko would cost as he would certainly fit the bill in my opinion.

Archived