BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The trouble is that there are doubts over his age and commitment and he doesn't fit Allardyce's profile for a target man. He doesn't have a bad scoring record, but he'd be better playing just off a "Davies-type".

I'd like to know how much Janko would cost as he would certainly fit the bill in my opinion.

ye true bt i wud hav thought that roberts wud have made a good partnership with martins bt the wages wud be a problem bt i think age it the main thing if ur spending 10m

all this talk about janko is making my blood boil,the guy plays in a mickey mouse league and for the best team by far in it.If he was as good as some are suggesting why has no one bid for him?Blackburn have had him watched and must not be convinced because he is well down there list if he is even on it.Can one of his many fans on this please give me some evidence that he is the answer to our problems?

Janko wouldn't be my first choice - but he could be a good affordable option.

He scored one and won a penalty when Austria beat France 3-1, against a back four of Sagna, Gallas, Mexes and Evra. He may have scored goals in a sub-standard league, but he scored a hell of a lot of them.

If he was as good as some are suggesting why has no one bid for him?

Why did no-one buy Santa Cruz? Or Bentley? Or Samba? I could go on but I'm sure you've got the idea.

You don't score the amount of goals he did if you're not a good player, he came third in the European Golden Shoe. There is a video somewhere showing every goal he scored this season and it's very impressive. He scores all kinds of different goals and seems technically excellent for a man of his size, he's far more dynamic than someone like Crouch for example.

Obviously there is a risk in bringing him from the Austrian league, but it's not as 'Micky Mouse' as you're making out. I'm not sure where he is on Sam's wanted list, but if he is still on it he must be moving nearer the top as time goes on and other targets are ruled out.

I think we are getting the steer that Janko's employers have lots of dosh and have moved his price up in line with what they see as market rates. That £6m number was around when we played them in the UEFA wasn't it?

Why did no-one buy Santa Cruz? Or Bentley? Or Samba? I could go on but I'm sure you've got the idea.

You don't score the amount of goals he did if you're not a good player, he came third in the European Golden Shoe. There is a video somewhere showing every goal he scored this season and it's very impressive. He scores all kinds of different goals and seems technically excellent for a man of his size, he's far more dynamic than someone like Crouch for example.

Obviously there is a risk in bringing him from the Austrian league, but it's not as 'Micky Mouse' as you're making out. I'm not sure where he is on Sam's wanted list, but if he is still on it he must be moving nearer the top as time goes on and other targets are ruled out.

Then why are no other clubs in for him?He looks good on video clips?sign him up sam lol.Are you suggesting that janko is better than crouch?

Janko wouldn't be my first choice - but he could be a good affordable option.

He scored one and won a penalty when Austria beat France 3-1, against a back four of Sagna, Gallas, Mexes and Evra. He may have scored goals in a sub-standard league, but he scored a hell of a lot of them.

Agree. Get him in for 6mill, and either Vieri(free) or Di Santo(on loan). Then spend the rest on a top quality central midfielder or 2. One thing i know, is if we provide Janko and Benni with good quality balls from midfield, then they will score goals. Even if Janko plays in an inferior leaue, it still requires him to put the ball in the back of the net. No matter how good a striker we get, the service from midfield is very crucial.

There is a video somewhere showing every goal he scored this season and it's very impressive.

what you don't see in that video, though, are the type of runs he is making, his positioning, and his mentality, which are far more important than being able to kick a ball into a net. And the only people that can judge him on his mentality are the scouts that watch him in person. Saying that, however, he does score a lot of goals, so he has to be in the right position fairly often.

Then why are no other clubs in for him?He looks good on video clips?sign him up sam lol.Are you suggesting that janko is better than crouch?

As was said before Crouch will cost in the region of 29 million over a four year contract. He might not be as good as crouch but we need to be looking at targets we can afford.

don't think we are able to get either skjelbred or tettey for under £4 mill.. and they won't sell them, another of their midfielders are going out first, sapara. and i know for a fact that rosenborg won't sell any more than one midfielder this summer, unless they get silly bids in the £7-8 mill region..

regardless of that, it's a big blow that we didn't sign anthony annan last summer, he has been looking class every match, and i believe he is the main reason rosenborg are leading the norwegian league at the moment.. and the fact that we signed a 9 years older player for £3 mill more than rosenborg payed for annan makes it even worse. i truely believe annan would play regulary for us, if he came now.

ok well the club have had him watched,we are desperate for a striker so why have they not bid?Maybe because they dont think he has what it takes in prem?

That doesn't mean anything though! Why did no-one bid for Santa Cruz? Why did no-one bid for Samba? Just because no-one is bidding for a player other than ourselves does not automatically mean they're not good enough for the Premier League.

To be honest, we have to try and go for players that other clubs aren't bidding for because we struggle to compete financially.

He has been watched, a lot. So he is definitely on the list. However, he will not be at the top of that list. The club will be going through the list and finding out prices and likely wage demands. As that continues players at the top of the list will probably be removed as they will be too expensive. If they find an affordable striker who is above Janko on the list, they'll buy him. If not I think they will go in for Janko.

It's all about the quality you can get for the money you have to spend, both in fees and wages. I'd be happy if we end up with him. All the talk of him playing in a crap league is pretty pointless. He could be playing in Spain yet not have the right attributes for the Prem and be a flop. If he's got the right qualities then he will be a success.

It wasn't long ago Derbyshire was playing non league football. Should Rovers not have offered him a contract based on the quality of league he was playing in?

Guessing Janko would cost maybe 8m+ in line with his goal scoring since his new contract in January.

According to Salzburg Chairman/manager when the renewed his contract they brought his wages in line with what clubs had offered Janko in the lsat window (allegedly) 1.5m a year, circa 29k a week.

We may have to pay as much as 40k+ a week to get him. Circa 18m on a 4 year deal.

I think he is worth the risk, together with Cardoza who I think would be similar wages but higher fee.

ok well the club have had him watched,we are desperate for a striker so why have they not bid?Maybe because they dont think he has what it takes in prem?

He was quoted at a ridiculous fee, it has nothing to do with his ability or whether he can cut it in the epl. Again its about what league he plays in, and how weak the Belgian league is. For crying out loud, right now Crouch, Van Nistelrooy, Bent etc etc all want crazy wages. If we can get Janko for 6mill, at say 20 or 30k a week then why not. However if you want Crouch at 13 or 14mill fee, plus 70k a week then thats just absurd. There is no way we can afford that. 29mill for a 4 year contract, and no guarantees that Crouch will be a success is total madness. Get a grip please, we still have the January transfer window as well if we need it. The French league might be better than the Belgian league, but is also supposedly an inferior league to play in. Yet im sure people would have no objection to us signing Gignac, Benzema, Juninho, Chamakh etc. Those are just examples by the way.

Nicko, any news on the fitness of players at the Austria shindig, mainly Reid, Emerton and Benni?

The only word I heard was that Reidy's knee is still a cause for some concern because the latest op was quite complicated...nobody will really know until he starts playing matches.

It wasn't long ago Derbyshire was playing non league football. Should Rovers not have offered him a contract based on the quality of league he was playing in?

More to the point it would appear that we shouldn't have offered him a contract because nobody else had.

Presumably from now on we should wait until someone else bids for a player before getting involved ourselves.

Seems to me that the we're causing ourselves a lot of pain in seemingly giving these get-out clauses at will.

It's worth a topic of it's own really.

It's sad to say Den but thats probably THE only way we can attract the calibre of player we want and need.

Seeing as we are doing sweet FA at the moment .........are you available for a game or 38 up front Nicko this season in the famous blue 'n' white! :lol:

Funny feeling allardyce will still land davies, I believe he will return to the board after they now know the prices of alternatives and request a formal bid. Davies will be tapped and in line with megsons previous comments regarding changing some players to change their style of play I think it will happen. One thing is for sure John williams' long time prophecy of it becoming harder and harder for us to stay in the prem is becoming reality. Time for some serious decisions to be made. I'd love us to splash big money on cordozo or such like, however what we all have to remember is for any other PL club to spend +10m and get it wrong would be awful for us it would be catastrophic, possibly ending our PL hopes. If he didn't come off, maybe just due to a freak injury we then wouldn't have the funds to replace and would be up the creek!

More to the point it would appear that we shouldn't have offered him a contract because nobody else had.

Presumably from now on we should wait until someone else bids for a player before getting involved ourselves.

ok have you ever watched a full match with janko playing?If you where manager we would be signing kris boyd ffs

Archived