BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

There may be more interest than usual in the reserves this season so I thought they should have there own topic.

It's looking like we will have some good players there this season.

They are unbeaten in there pre-season, three out of three. Tonight sees them at Leigh which is to be there new home.

The likes of Van Heerden, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Doran and Judge should all be pushing for there first team places this season.

Latest score 1-0 with a Hoilett goal after a fine passing move.

Hoilett brought down in the box, Blackman with a poor penalty, 1-0 H/T.

If anyone feels this is in conflict with the Young Guns topic fine, move it or close it, no problem.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reserves are worth their own thread 67. Tonight's game is being discussed in the pinned pre-season topic, at the moment.

Yeh! I saw it and thought as you say they should have there own, that way we can keep a track on them game by game.

Hope I don't get a rollicking for this copy paste job.

nicko

Today, 21:59

Only stayed for a half at the stiffs, but...

Hoillett looks a player who could operate in the middle or wide - great turn on him and knows where he is when he gets away from his man. Van Heerden drifted about a bit but is good in bursts, may be a reasonable discovery. Doran not quite doing it on the right wing. Blackman has something but is sloppy and his penalty miss was a shocker. Gally drives you mad. Judge is neat but too small. Defenders were all solid but untested. Olsson wants to get forward and is improving. Marrow hasn't left yet but could make a player with a year learning his trade at a Crewe or Rochdale. Gunning is a big solid type who may mature.

Hope I don't get a rollicking for this copy paste job.

nicko

Today, 21:59

Hoillett looks a player who could operate in the middle or wide - great turn on him and knows where he is when he gets away from his man. Van Heerden drifted about a bit but is good in bursts, may be a reasonable discovery. Doran not quite doing it on the right wing. Blackman has something but is sloppy and his penalty miss was a shocker. Gally drives you mad. Judge is neat but too small. Defenders were all solid but untested. Olsson wants to get forward and is improving. Marrow hasn't left yet but could make a player with a year learning his trade at a Crewe or Rochdale. Gunning is a big solid type who may mature.

ROLLICKING!!!

You cud simply have quoted....

If you click "Quote" underneath the post the next time you respond to a thread it will be there, even if its a different thread to the one the quote appears on.

Like this.

If you click "Quote" underneath the post the next time you respond to a thread it will be there, even if its a different thread to the one the quote appears on.

Like this.

Magic so just clicking several quotes will open in the new reply I assume. Thanks.

I thought it was a pretty impressive performance and in the end we could and should have won more convincingly.

Hoilett and van Heerden caught the eye. Both have excellent movement and are comfortable on the ball. Also both players can see a pass and have the ability to make the pass. Hoilett was a little erratic with his finishing but is an outstanding prospect.

At the back Zurab was outstanding. Easily the best player on the pitch. He seems to stroll through these games and is always in control of the situation.

Olsson gave another good display of attacking full-back play while Gavin Gunning looked solid playing alongside Zurab.

I was disappointed in Doran and Judge tonight. Doran was very quiet by his standards while Judge failed to make much impression in the centre of midfield. He is a busy little player but lacks the pace to play wide and isn't really big enough or strong enough for the centre of midfield. He has ability but I'm not quite sure where he is going to find a niche in the first team.

Blackman had a disappointing night. He failed to make the most of his opportunities and his penalty miss was dreadful. However, I thought Marcus Marshall caught the eye when he came on in the second half.

It was interesting that Jason Brown was again in goal. He seems to have got ahead of Mark Bunn at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...
Salgado, Doran & Rigters the only senior players.........

Doubt Salgado will play saturday then.

Well .........

if he's capable of an hour tonight, then maybe Sam would want his experience and character around the squad on Saturday. Maybe a place on the bench?

Well .........

if he's capable of an hour tonight, then maybe Sam would want his experience and character around the squad on Saturday. Maybe a place on the bench?

Probably a run out for 60 minutes to assess match fitness, still could make the squad, 60 minutes is no more than a training session, the last 30 minutes is the killer.

Archived