BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Away

Dont know how half of you would have survived the 70s and 80s without mass pant wetting.

Vast majority on here didn't know Blackburn had a football team in the 70's and 80's, either by choice or "birth restrictions" :D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aggro isn't the worry, it's getting a bl00dy ticket, that's the worry.

It's going to be a long night stood in a queue waiting for the TO to open :o

1. Season ticket holders + anyone with 3 away 'stubs' for Fulham, Sunderland, Everton and Arsenal will have priority then

2. Season ticket holders + any 09 away 'stub' then

3. Season ticket holders

No queues. No all night boozing in the cold.

2000 tickets, side by side with dingles. If we give Burnley all the Darwen end then we are mugs, that end can be segregated easier than the one at Burnley, straight down the middle top and bottom (Rovers fans nearest Riverside) with plod and a net - why not?

Just enjoy the day, it's a 'must see' for anyone who didn't go to footy before 1992 and will be a great reminder for everyone else.

Not sure it will live up to the infamous Longside SD with seats etc but may generate a better than normal - -wonder if they will put the fishing nets up? :rolleyes:

Just hope they don't send in the sky divers ? :P

1. Season ticket holders + anyone with 3 away 'stubs' for Fulham, Sunderland, Everton and Arsenal will have priority then

2. Season ticket holders + any 09 away 'stub' then

3. Season ticket holders

No queues. No all night boozing in the cold.

All away ticket sale details are on file. The people with the most away trips should be top of the list.

A priority list based on the number of away tickets sold to customers this season should be easy enough to compile.

The top 2000 (or however many tickets we get) should get a ticket.

There will be the usual set of numpties shouting abuse, its a derby! The likes of which go on around the world year in year out.

Dont know how half of you would have survived the 70s and 80s without mass pant wetting.

Who mentioned pant wetting? I cant wait mate!! ;) Im simply saying, side by side, there will be trouble!!

As for every year - when was the last time we played the Dingles in the top league?!

Not sure it will live up to the infamous Longside SD with seats etc but may generate a better than normal - -wonder if they will put the fishing nets up? :rolleyes:

Aye, the Longside was made for games like this. But the Cricket Field stand will be the next best thing in this day and age. As phillip says, Man Utd, Everton and Bolton will be a good test for the idea, well before our game.

I'm going to make a prediction. Burnley will shame themselves in 3 or more games this season coming at potentially face FA punishment (how ace would it be if they got a points deduction which sent them down. Relegated by their own fans :lol:). Can't see it happening but several of my Dingle supporting mates have said the same thing, they really fear for the repercussions of their numpty following.

As for the "it's only shouting a bit of abuse" comments. No, it's not. They battered Bradford fans at Masters ffs. :huh:

I'm not sure where people get their figures from or indeed their facts.

For the record nothing has been said about moving the 1500 season ticket holders out of the CF stand - and nothing has been said about not doing so. As I understand it we have 3000 (or mabe 3500?) tickets available for match day sales in the other stands for home supporters.

It is more than possible that for certain games (notably the one against you) the CF stand season ticket holders could be moved. Whether they will or not I don't know.

The concept of Rovers fans and Burnley fans in that stand is frightening but at the same time you have to say it is what derbies are all about. That said I cannot imagine it not kicking off if it were to happen though bizarrely mre likely from your fans not ours. The 1500 in there will all be season ticket and very very easy to identify so I don't actually think there will be many if any trouble makers. Amongst your contingent, who knows, I've just been reading one Rovers fans comments on the Evening Telegraph site where he is talking about meeting up with a Burnley fan for a scrap.

I've just been reading one Rovers fans comments on the Evening Telegraph site where he is talking about meeting up with a Burnley fan for a scrap.

That'll be CLB, Berskhire or maybe Abbey :lol:

What have United been given for the game at yours?

As expected!

And as explained weeks ago :rolleyes:

Turd Moor holds 22,546. In recent seasons they have made 18% (ie the full cricket field) available to away fans, and have never sold enough season tickets to worry about rules. Of course this season for them - things are different.

Their initial 15,000 season tickets were snapped up in the three stands except the cricket field. Meaning they will be selling 3,420 walk up tickets per game in those three stands - well within the rules.

They have now added 1500 new STs to be sold in the cricket field - also fine. That end holds 4,126 ... so 1500 dingles, added to their minimum requirement to sell 2,255 to away fans, leaves nearly 400 spare seats to keep the two factions apart.

Now to the East Lancs derbies which posters are getting so stressed over - even before anybody knows what will actually happen.

End of facts, now speculation. Here's what I believe will happen.

There will be NO split stands at either game, just like there wasn't at the other 4 games we have enjoyed against Burnley this century. It simply won't happen

Their 1500 ST holders will be moved into the 3,240 seats normally available for walk up fans. The cricket field will be away only for the Rovers game.

Christ we treat the Dingles like they are a band of crack commandos gone bad. There will be the usual set of numpties shouting abuse, its a derby! The likes of which go on around the world year in year out. We get 4000 tickets, great, we get 2000, we just get on with it!

Spot on Mattyblue....I'm more bothered about a crap allocation of tickets than trouble.

If the clubs operate the same ticketing and travel arrangements they did the last few games there will be minimal trouble and a proper derby atmosphere.

Having watched us play Burnley in the seventies and eighties home and away I can assure any of the youngsters that old school violence is not that entertaining. There will be some who want to revert to that time but I hope they are elsewhere.

Will be a quality atmosphere.

The potential for trouble IN the ground isn't great, there'll be a massive police presence, complete with robocop's (remember Sheff Weds at home in the cup semi?), both sets of fans will be filmed for 90 minutes. Anyone would be a fool to start playing up.

We'll be detained for some time after the game too.

It's away from the ground there's more potential for bother, the police foiled a massive mob of Rovers last time round - search youtube for the vid it's there for all to see!

Which begs the question why no segregation in the Darwen End !! Both games will have been planned by the same Police force.

Which begs the question why no segregation in the Darwen End !! Both games will have been planned by the same Police force.

No need to segregate the Darwen End as it is one of the four games which will see it fully allocated for away support.

I've heard it isn't one of the 4 (at this moment) and the Telegraph article which started that assumption was inaccurate.

Well in that case someone needs to tell Rovers to take it off their website then :o:rolleyes:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,...1705849,00.html

The 15-game Darwen End season ticket does not include the home games against Liverpool, Manchester United and Burnley, plus a fourth fixture still to be decided.

Archived