BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Away

Well in that case someone needs to tell Rovers to take it off their website then :o:rolleyes:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,...1705849,00.html

doesn't necessarily mean the seats will be allocated to away support. Its just that the offer is not valid at that game.

Rovers could/should sell them as cat A tickets to home fans and could also bundle them up with the Portsmouth game

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the one I can't wait for although I may have to be a bit more careful than usual about travel arrangements - perhaps travel with friends and family from west of Burnley! The more hostile the atmosphere the better - more humble pie for them post-match in my view. As for trouble, the police make it all but impossible in and around the ground and I suspect those that want a bit of an off-pitch encounter will probably arrange to meet in the no-mans land that is Accy on such occasions.

Things have moved on from the '70s and '80s - even in Burnley for the majority of folk - and I don't think those of us who are old enough to remember will have additional memories to add to those of the time. Having said that, I do enjoy this fixture - always have done!

• 3 weeks later...

Not too sure if this was ever confirmed, but according to the minuted words of Tom Finn, we will only get 2,400 at Turd Moor.

From the latest Fans Forum minutes, now online at www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum/

"Burnley had announced that they would segregate their stand with both home and away fans and that building work to make this happen was being done. It was understandable from their perspective. As a result Rovers would be given 2,400 tickets for the game at Turf Moor. "

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Hopefully, they will let us know well in advance how many away games we need to go to to get a ticket at turd moor. I will be devastated if I don't manage to get a ticket.

So will I.

It's the one big worry about this season.

I've never missed a game there since I started watching Rovers. That includes the mickey mouse cup games there used to be pre season.

I try to get to as many away games as I can afford. I will try to get to at least 5/6 maybe 7 games at a push before the Burnely game as I always do in a season. I will be very disappointed if somebody goes to more away games just to get a Burnley ticket, and I don't manage to get one.

I've been to every Burnley game, home and away bar one, since my first derby in 1970, friendlies, Manx cup, the lot. Looks like I will miss out on this one.

Yet we give them 7-8k.

Rymes with bankers.

The fans forum minutes interestingly say that Rovers will decide in the next 2 weeks, how many tickets Burnley fans will get at Ewood. They may only get the minimum we are allowed to give with is 3000. Could Rovers be listening to fans and are deciding not to make it one of the four games that Darwen End Season Ticket holders miss out on?

The fans forum minutes interestingly say that Rovers will decide in the next 2 weeks, how many tickets Burnley fans will get at Ewood. They may only get the minimum we are allowed to give with is 3000. Could Rovers be listening to fans and are deciding not to make it one of the four games that Darwen End Season Ticket holders miss out on?

We should see how much interest in the game from Blackburn fans before giving them 7000 tickets. It really runs deep this one and whilst I don't want the club to lose revenue its a massive advantage to give them 7000.

This couples with the fact they’re giving us 2500, tell them get stuffed.

But I’m sure the police will have a say on this because we’re relatively well behaved as a set of supporters. Lots of our fans won’t make our way over to burnley, but you can guarantee that they’ll come over here if given a limited number of tickets.

If we only get 2,400 then they should only get 3000 (max). Put Rovers fans in the top tier above them and pen them in. Scumbags!

Im not sure their segregation will last until then, United fans will probably test it this week.

If its just 2,400 - il be down at the ticket office for 9pm the night before.

If we only get 2,400 then they should only get 3000 (max). Put Rovers fans in the top tier above them and pen them in. Scumbags!

Im not sure their segregation will last until then, United fans will probably test it this week.

If its just 2,400 - il be down at the ticket office for 9pm the night before.

This won't sound good, but I really hope there are some crowd disturbances this week at the Burnley - Manure game. Could even ring the Burnley ticket office pretending to be a concerned fan, worried about sharing a ground with Rovers. ;)

If I go to the ticket office at 10pm, surely I will be able to get a ticket? Will I just have to wait outside the ticket office?

Oh, and btw, how are they going to organise who's eligible for tickets? I am going to pretty much every away game from now til then, people will probably just queue, how will they ensure those with the needed ticket stubs will get there first?

Sorry for these tedious questions, I just am desperate to go to this game!

They will turn away people without the necessary stubs until a certain date I guess Sambo. I know some people are sleeping outside Ewood overnight but if you get down early (6AM should do it), you won't have a problem.

Think I'll have a kip under the gazebo

Not taking any chances, will sleep right under the noses of the ticket office windows :D

Think I'll have a kip under the gazebo

Not taking any chances, will sleep right under the noses of the ticket office windows :D

A lad I play footy with is a copper and i asked if there'd been anything said about the 2 games, He said they have had

numerous seminars and meetings about how they're going to Police the fixtures! I cant see their being too many problems,

Police are usually fairly switched on!

A lad I play footy with is a copper and i asked if there'd been anything said about the 2 games, He said they have had

numerous seminars and meetings about how they're going to Police the fixtures! I cant see their being too many problems,

Police are usually fairly switched on!

Not too worried about that, more about getting a ticket really.

Not too worried about that, more about getting a ticket really.

-_- The joys of having a few friends on the "inside"! :lol:

Last time though i managed to get a ticket, alot of fans dont fancy it and see it as too much bother!

Good atmosphere, Hope Burnley are still on 0pts!

Last time though i managed to get a ticket, alot of fans dont fancy it and see it as too much bother!

Must admit I was suprised too - I asked about 8 different people and none of them were up for it! :lol: I got 2 others to come eventually, but seriously you would of thought we were going to Afghan or something......its only Burnley :lol:

Must admit I was suprised too - I asked about 8 different people and none of them were up for it! :lol: I got 2 others to come eventually, but seriously you would of thought we were going to Afghan or something......its only Burnley :lol:

Lads if your all going just be careful and keep out of the way of the SUICIDE SQUAD! Hahahaha :lol:

Embarassing or what? :blink::unsure:

Archived