BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

MB Diouf should be dropped. Not on his best form, particularly poor finishing, and as he is not our player he should not stand in the way of Kalinic. I know some will say that Niko's finishing is just as poor, and I do share that view

Huh?!? :blink: Really? People think MB Diouf and Kalinic are on a par for finishing? They really aren't, Niko is definitely a better finisher. Diouf's advantage is he creates more chances for himself and probably the team with his pace. He has missed a litany of sitters this season, there's no way you could point me to as many poor misses from Kalinic.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are Rovers, therefore:-

If he does well for us he'll be rubbish as his next club.

If he's rubbish here he'll transform into a world beater when he leaves.

(Caveat, there are exceptions to this, but as a general rule it's reasonably accurate!)

I think we need to get Bilic in as manager to get the best out of Kalinic.

Kalinic MUST start against Newcastle. I think him and RSC if fit if not then roberts. I think Kalinic is the best finisher we got at the club.

I rate Kalinic highly but he needs to play to get the best out of him.

his first goal of two from tonight game vs CR

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqOIiKRFcKs

Kalinic is not an impact player, he will not come on to win us the game at current form. His major asset is hard work and holding up the ball, which is not what we need when trailing. I think he was dropped v Wigan for that reason - as Kean wanted to start with Benjani and Roberts, who in my opinion both are better 'super-subs' than Niko. IF Santa is fit, I can see Niko coming back to start soon, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for the next game, with Benjani and perhaps Santa on the bench. Roberts did well, and deserves another shot... I don't really see Roberts and Santa Cruz together though, and for me - MB Diouf should be dropped. Not on his best form, particularly poor finishing, and as he is not our player he should not stand in the way of Kalinic. I know some will say that Niko's finishing is just as poor, and I do share that view, but I still think he will come really good given time and partnering Santa Cruz.

Roberts -

'Niko has everything in his Game! We just need to be patient with him! He is going to develop into a very good player!'

In Jason we trust, eh :tu:

Completely wrong, that's the worst part of his game. He's a striker that should play on the shoulder of the last defender. He makes good runs and gets into excellent positions. He's not the most clinical, but if he gets chances he will score a bag full of goals.

He'd be a 20 goal a season man in that Arsenal team. He needs a foil to be at his most effective, Santa Cruz is the best option in the current squad.

Must admit I find it a bit weird that he can go from first choice striker to fifth choice in the space of a week. But there's been a lot of juggling about with our strikers in general, don't know whether it's Kean just experimenting or whether the strike pairing have been part of a large game plan. For the record I don't think Niko would have excelled on that shocker of a pitch against Wigan. Maybe it was Kean's plan all along to rest him for that game with this international trip ahead. One thing's for sure I do hope he starts against Newcastle on Saturday, Niko isn't as good as some people on here make him out on here but he does have the potential to improve and he 's the second best striker we've got behind RSC, and thoose two make a good natural pairing as was shown against West Brom.

5.50 for his second. nice finish, for both of them.

If you look at 3 mins 40 on this video the keeper goes to kick the ball and it bobbles so he scythes it and it goes wide and the commentator mentions Robinson haha. Niko made some good runs too, just after the keeper's error he makes a good run but Eduardo wrongly shoots instead of putting him through. Niko's second goal is a strong example of a great run and finish.

He'd be a 20 goal a season man in that Arsenal team. He needs a foil to be at his most effective, Santa Cruz is the best option in the current squad.

So he is good enough for Arsenal now is he? If my aunte had......The second is an okay finish, nothing I have not seen average strikers score before! He has next season to save himself or he is a flop, simple as!

Completely wrong, that's the worst part of his game. He's a striker that should play on the shoulder of the last defender. He makes good runs and gets into excellent positions. He's not the most clinical, but if he gets chances he will score a bag full of goals.

Agree entirely with this post, he does play off the shoulder of the last man and he would be a gem for Arsenal getting on to balls from Fabrigas, Wilshere etc.

How is he a flop, when he's not getting a decent run of games ? Its kindda hard to score from the bench.

Kalinic is a great player imo.

rover.gif

Seriously? A great player? Shown a few glimpses of talent and tahts about it. He is a flop at the moment, cost 6 million and hasnt forced his way into the starting line up and when he does play he looks just as likely to fluff a chance as he does to put it away. Time is running out for him.

• Backroom

So far for me he isn't a flop nor a good signing, he has some good assets but too many times has zero impact on the game, whether he will flourish in a 4-4-2 remains to be seen though, he and Roque could form a good partnership if Roque stays fit.

Roberts / MBD / Benjani and Niko are all about even for me on overall impact but Roberts is far better from the bench and probably the same with Benjani.

Really our strikers need to start taking their chances when they come up as at the moment nobody is claiming the shirt as their own, Niko would have done probably if it wasn't for his idiotic red card.

How is he a flop, when he's not getting a decent run of games ? Its kindda hard to score from the bench.

Kalinic is a great player imo.

rover.gif

First of all YOU earn the right to play week in week out. That is what COMPETITION for places is all about. He is sat on the bench because he has not been good enough when given the chance.

Great player?? God i give up! :rolleyes: Alan Shearer was a great player. Wayne Rooney is a great player.

But NIko have been taking his chances.

So he has only had 6 chances since he joined in August 2009??? :unsure:

Archived