BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving away a secret here but best seat in the ground if you want some banter and exchange facial gestures with the away fans when they get the Darwen end is the corner flag seats in the Jack Walker stand...Just a few feet away but where all the stewards gather

Can you elaborate?

Yes. She was a rovers fan because she had an account number, she lived in blackburn and she was entitled to a ticket with her buying history, but her friends, even though on the database, with blackburn addresses, had not bought a ticket this season or last season, and so were not entitled to one.

I have a couple of mates from darwen who moved over to ireland a few years ago, but are coming back specially for this game. I went down to get them tickets today, explained the situation, and 1 of them was not entitled to a ticket, because even though he was on the database, he was not recorded as buying a ticket this season or last. Luckily i was able to get him one through my buying history. The point being a bit of discretion should be applied if they want to fill the ground.

Its not as though rovers fans are going to be doing favours for burnley fans and getting them tickets.

I would rather see ewood packed to the rafters to include fairweather rovers fans for this game, then see rows of empty seats.

:rolleyes: the gate against villa was the biggest of the last 3 plenty of dingles from rishton went ,does going to this game give them a chance of a ticket against the scum :angry2:

No you have to have a buying history pre ticket details for the burnley game, so any burnley fans going v villa wont count

I cant see there being any Burnely fans in the home area just like there were not any city fans in the first game

Yes. She was a rovers fan because she had an account number, she lived in blackburn and she was entitled to a ticket with her buying history, but her friends, even though on the database, with blackburn addresses, had not bought a ticket this season or last season, and so were not entitled to one.

I have a couple of mates from darwen who moved over to ireland a few years ago, but are coming back specially for this game. I went down to get them tickets today, explained the situation, and 1 of them was not entitled to a ticket, because even though he was on the database, he was not recorded as buying a ticket this season or last. Luckily i was able to get him one through my buying history. The point being a bit of discretion should be applied if they want to fill the ground.

Its not as though rovers fans are going to be doing favours for burnley fans and getting them tickets.

I would rather see ewood packed to the rafters to include fairweather rovers fans for this game, then see rows of empty seats.

Don't you think there is a fair chance we'll sell out and those tickets should go to fans who have been this season or last?

It looks like the Blackburn Sunday league have all but nearly cancelled there games for sunday October the 18th due to the Burnley game.

I'm getting the feeling that this game is taking on almost a Cup final feel to it, with so many non football fans in this area looking forward to the day of the game.

It looks like a show of force from the whole town, not just us who go on a regular basis.

Il be happy with at least 4 points, out of our next 4 games. A win against Burnley, and a draw against one of Arsenal, Chelsea or United. Strangely, a draw against United is the likeliest i suppose. We always seem to lose against the other 2.

Well lads been reading this meassgeboard for a long time now but this is the first time I've posted, have a question that'd I'd appreciate any help with:

Been travelling over from Ireland for Rovers games for years now and going to the Burnley game aswell - been coming with 4 other mates (all Rovers fans) for the past couple of seasons and we're all coming over to this one too, stupidly enough I've always booked the tickets under my name so I'm the only one with a buying history. Because of that I was only able to get a max 4 tickets but anyways 1 of the lads said he doesn't mind wathcing the match in a pub around ewood while we go. But I've been reading in a few places that pubs won't be open that Sunday - does anyone know if this is the case? We usually drink in the fox and hound before matches.

Guess if that's the case then there might be no point in him even coming to Blackburn?

Appreciate any thoughts

Cheers

Well lads been reading this meassgeboard for a long time now but this is the first time I've posted, have a question that'd I'd appreciate any help with:

Been travelling over from Ireland for Rovers games for years now and going to the Burnley game aswell - been coming with 4 other mates (all Rovers fans) for the past couple of seasons and we're all coming over to this one too, stupidly enough I've always booked the tickets under my name so I'm the only one with a buying history. Because of that I was only able to get a max 4 tickets but anyways 1 of the lads said he doesn't mind wathcing the match in a pub around ewood while we go. But I've been reading in a few places that pubs won't be open that Sunday - does anyone know if this is the case? We usually drink in the fox and hound before matches.

Guess if that's the case then there might be no point in him even coming to Blackburn?

Appreciate any thoughts

Cheers

Up to now the Fox and Hounds at Ewood will be open. The police have requested that they don't open until 12, but the licence states they can open at 10... It will be open before and after the game.

Up to now the Fox and Hounds at Ewood will be open. The police have requested that they don't open until 12, but the licence states they can open at 10... It will be open before and after the game.

only the foz and hounds open so far, will macdonalds be open, sounds like the town will be in close down because of the police stsate rules!

Oh well at least the town centre will be busy on staurday night with the looming unless the police shut all the pubs on saturday night in fear of burnley fans going to blackburn for a night out

only the foz and hounds open so far, will macdonalds be open, sounds like the town will be in close down because of the police stsate rules!

Oh well at least the town centre will be busy on staurday night with the looming unless the police shut all the pubs on saturday night in fear of burnley fans going to blackburn for a night out

If pubs around Blackburn and surrounding areas are closed it is down to the landlords/management. The police request or recommend that they open/close at certain times but leave the decision to the licensee.

I can guarantee that the Postal Order will be open along with the Sun & Bar Ibiza and the like.

All I'll be bothered about on the 18th October is getting myself back from Newcastle on time to get a few beers in before the game, I couldn't give a toss about the opposition support just like I couldn't care less about any opposition supporters who visit our ground.

Same, I'm coming down from Carlisle.

No reason why not Cocker, I know the Blues Bar is open too.

Well my thought was that maybe they dont want people drinking inside the ground as well?

If the Dingles are getting there early as well they will have nothing else to do but drink.

If no where else is open I will probably just head inside for a couple before the match instead of going to the Aquaduct as normal.

Are Rovers setting up a banana stand outside the Darwen End for them?

Do you not think Diouf is in enough trouble already? :P

Well my thought was that maybe they dont want people drinking inside the ground as well?

If the Dingles are getting there early as well they will have nothing else to do but drink.

If no where else is open I will probably just head inside for a couple before the match instead of going to the Aquaduct as normal.

Do you not think Diouf is in enough trouble already? :P

The dingles won't be there as early as they are making out. Their first coaches depart at 10:15, it'll be the longest short journey they've ever made! They'll be in the ground for 2hrs max before the game so they are welcome to a few scoops at top wack prices on the Darren End.

We went to Stoke last season and got there 2hrs or so before kick off, it was great on the concourse!

The Fox and the Blues will be open, therefore I reckon the Aqueduct will open, not sure about the Ewood Arms. The Fernhurst will certainly be closed. It would be nice to have it for home fans for a change though.

Sounds like i'll be getting in there early aswell then.

5 of us coming up. We've even decided to stay in on the Sat night so we're up and fresh by 9am Sunday. :rover:

Where in Gloucestershire are you pal? I'm coming up from Swindon on the Saturday.

Archived