BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Title says it all really.

I've got no problems with them making it to the big time.

I've got no problems with the like of Longsiders or Yorksclaret making their point, at least they are rational.

Mr Dingle and Ranulf are another matter, as they seem to be unable to make sense or present reasonable argument.

Anyway, I welcome them, I welcome the local derby. For me it's back to the 60's and all the school playground rivalries.

Let the Rovers crush them on the pitch.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funnily enough, 4e&e, I know a couple of Bumley supporters, and remember, I did go to school with a lot of Bumley supporters, and yes, it was painful when we lost.

However, I'm still alive and had a lot of fun at their expense, but they're up now, let's enjoy the banter.

I suppose, in the cold light of day, your point is a sensible one Dave. When however, has sensible got anything to do with football support and it's ideosyncratic passions? I dont suppose it was sensible to loath and despise Burnley whilst we were jousting with Man Utd in the mid 90's. I did though.

I have heard Rovers fans say stuff like "It's only Burnley, let them have their day in the sun." Not for me. One of the saddest days for me as a football fan came when they stayed in the league by the skin of their teeth. If they'd have gone down they would have folded and I would have been ecstatic. All this talk of "six easy points" is also garbage. I dont want them to have a single, solitary shot at us. Especially as they have uncovered an alchemist of a manager who not only could easily outfox Allardyce but mastermind a Stoke like survival.

No, I'm absolutely gutted today. Almost as low as if we had gone down.

I suppose, in the cold light of day, your point is a sensible one Dave. When however, has sensible got anything to do with football support and it's ideosyncratic passions? I dont suppose it was sensible to loath and despise Burnley whilst we were jousting with Man Utd in the mid 90's. I did though.

I have heard Rovers fans say stuff like "It's only Burnley, let them have their day in the sun." Not for me. One of the saddest days for me as a football fan came when they stayed in the league by the skin of their teeth. If they'd have gone down they would have folded and I would have been ecstatic. All this talk of "six easy points" is also garbage. I dont want them to have a single, solitary shot at us. Especially as they have uncovered an alchemist of a manager who not only could easily outfox Allardyce but mastermind a Stoke like survival.

No, I'm absolutely gutted today. Almost as low as if we had gone down.

Can we get this thread back on topic rather than people like the above exposing their own personal inadequacies and general idiocy?

Coyle has done a great job, they have done well but they didnt want the promotion this year!!

I feel this has come too early for them, they are redeveloping the Bob Lord Stand which will restrict the gates, giving away 7,000 season tickets, which in reality will take 10,000 off their 'paid Gate' so only a maximum of 11,000 paying per game!!

Given that they will have to sign a few players and increase the wages of the current squad, the £50,000,000 will soon be gone with extra staff and policing etc.

It should be a good league next year with the 2 Manc games, 2 Liverpool/Everton, Wigan, Bolton and Bumley all giving Rovers sell outs, good for us.

We have to make sure we put thejm in their rightful place, below us in the league :)

I have to be honest Dave and say that I would have loved to have seen the blades equalise in the 88th min and beaten them on penalties. However that wasn't to be and now I am looking forward to the fixture list for next season.

I am 25 and my whole life we have been the top team in East Lancs and so I haven't experienced as many derbys as a lot of people on here. Saying that, the dingles have never beaten us in my lifetime and I honestly believed that I would never see tham in the premier league. I went to turf moor in the cup and it was an amazing experience that I will love to feel again, the game was aweful though but the atmosphere was by far the best I have ever experienced.

I experienced the hatred between the 2 teams (a lot of it coming from them) and I for one will look forward to renewing that hatred, let's be honest the last time we played them in the league the atmosphere began from the 1st game of the season and built right up to the game at turf moor. This rivalry will be brought to the forefront of the English game next season and will be witnessed by many accross the world, it is an old a rivalry as they come and one that the people of East lancs are proud of (even if it does go to far at times) the fact that after they had just got promoted all they could sing was about playing us show's that the build up has begun already. Next season is going to be massive for us and one of the most exciting seasons for a long time.

We are not only fighting for survival next season, we are fighting to remain the top team in East Lancs and also to keep our 30+ year record.

Bring on the Ba*t*rds !

I said last season - and got howled at - that the return of your chums would put a real buzz around the whole area.

Like it or not they will sell out their ground for most games and take shedloads away. There are now NINE Premier League clubs in the old Granada TV area.

It means your club and fans will respond so that they are not seen as being rivals and competitors. More of your people may turn up.

Tell me what's wrong with that?

And, by the way, the people who run it are good football people...at all levels. There are a lot worse who could be in the Premier League than them...and few better.

I think there's an argument to say that close rivalries result in an improvement in performance. On the whole I think it's a good thing for Blackburn. It gives us an opportunity to get a full house at Ewood, to get a real sense of passion and atmosphere that we wouldn't have got if Sheffield had come up.

I enjoyed both the away and home games we played in the old first Division in the promotion season. Both games were fantastic and meant something because of the rivalry and league position we were in at the time. I'm looking forward to that again. As Dunny said, bring it on.

I said last season - and got howled at - that the return of your chums would put a real buzz around the whole area.

Like it or not they will sell out their ground for most games and take shedloads away. There are now NINE Premier League clubs in the old Granada TV area.

It means your club and fans will respond so that they are not seen as being rivals and competitors. More of your people may turn up.

I have to say well done nicko on calling that the gap would close.

I don't think any of us can say that we are pleased that they have been promoted but I also don't think that anyone can say that they are not excited about next season.

I agree though that this can only be a good thing for the club as season ticket sales will sell even quicker now due to their promotion.

The 9 premier league granada clubs cannot be seen as a positive for us though as it means that the local competition for support could set us back even with the reduced ticket prices.

Although I was born in Blackburn we moved away when I was four. I've lived in Rochdale since surrouned by Mancs of both colours. In all that time much as I like to beat Burnley beating the Red Rats always gave me a bigger buzz. If we could only beat one of them next season hand on heart I'd rather beat the Red Rats. Will I get banned like Vinjay now ?

Coyle has done a great job, they have done well but they didnt want the promotion this year!!

I feel this has come too early for them, they are redeveloping the Bob Lord Stand which will restrict the gates, giving away 7,000 season tickets, which in reality will take 10,000 off their 'paid Gate' so only a maximum of 11,000 paying per game!!

Given that they will have to sign a few players and increase the wages of the current squad, the £50,000,000 will soon be gone with extra staff and policing etc.

It should be a good league next year with the 2 Manc games, 2 Liverpool/Everton, Wigan, Bolton and Bumley all giving Rovers sell outs, good for us.

We have to make sure we put thejm in their rightful place, below us in the league :)

Good one Kelbo, the financing of a prem team is going to be their big big problem, plus the loss they make out of their "promise".

I have to be honest Dave and say that I would have loved to have seen the blades equalise in the 88th min and beaten them on penalties. However that wasn't to be and now I am looking forward to the fixture list for next season.

I am 25 and my whole life we have been the top team in East Lancs and so I haven't experienced as many derbys as a lot of people on here. Saying that, the dingles have never beaten us in my lifetime and I honestly believed that I would never see tham in the premier league. I went to turf moor in the cup and it was an amazing experience that I will love to feel again, the game was aweful though but the atmosphere was by far the best I have ever experienced.

I experienced the hatred between the 2 teams (a lot of it coming from them) and I for one will look forward to renewing that hatred, let's be honest the last time we played them in the league the atmosphere began from the 1st game of the season and built right up to the game at turf moor. This rivalry will be brought to the forefront of the English game next season and will be witnessed by many accross the world, it is an old a rivalry as they come and one that the people of East lancs are proud of (even if it does go to far at times) the fact that after they had just got promoted all they could sing was about playing us show's that the build up has begun already. Next season is going to be massive for us and one of the most exciting seasons for a long time.

We are not only fighting for survival next season, we are fighting to remain the top team in East Lancs and also to keep our 30+ year record.

Bring on the Ba*t*rds !

4e&e, I've had that pain, and it goes on until the next time you play them, particularly when you work with one of their supporters.

Just remember, they have a lot to learn. It will be just our luck to get them first game in the new season.

And, by the way, the people who run it are good football people...at all levels. There are a lot worse who could be in the Premier League than them...and few better.

Nicko, whilst I'd agree that it's good for football in the region, how can you say the "agent and Mr Flood" are good football people? They're in it for the quid, didn't they sell the ground?

Congratulations to the Dingles - they deserved the promotion based upon their incredibly long season. Now it is going to put that BUZZ back into the area. a proper rivalry and one that we can realistically say is almost on level footing. It comes down to the teams now. Lets hope for 2 incredibly great matches between the teams and whoever gets the most points over the season will have the bragging rights.

well done Mr Coyle.

COME ON YOU BLUES

Can we get this thread back on topic rather than people like the above exposing their own personal inadequacies and general idiocy?

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Great post deryck guyler's spoon, sums up how many of us on this site feel.

I think there's an argument to say that close rivalries result in an improvement in performance. On the whole I think it's a good thing for Blackburn. It gives us an opportunity to get a full house at Ewood, to get a real sense of passion and atmosphere that we wouldn't have got if Sheffield had come up.

It didn't help the geordies improve on their performance - thankfully. Interesting to see how Rovers operate the darwin end for the burnley games. But I do think it will be a good thing for Rovers that the dingles are in the prem. I wonder if it would help in the regeneration of the Burnley blackburn areas!!!!!!!

Morning ladies.

I can't even bring myself to do squabbles and bitterness this morning. Although I will do by lunchtime.

Just busy dancing on cloud nine, little old Burnley back in the top flight. Unbe - f**king - lievable. What a day. Can't wait for the North West super league next season.

Gav, Abbey and the other one... I love you all.

The Dingles are Back.

I'm far too young to know anything about the old rivalry between the clubs so i probably don't get the hatred between the older fans.

Personally i have no problems with Burnley coming up, Coyle has done a great job when you consider the resources available. IIRC i saw a stat that was something like they have used only 23 players this season in over 60 games, i have to say thats pretty impressive.

Its good for Lancashire and the north west that another club from that region will be in the premier league. I'm really looking forward to the resumption of the East Lancs derby, its going to add some spice to next season and will hopefully increase our chances of doing some serious strengthening this summer to make sure the gap is still there.

All things are relative and that goes for owners and gaps.

Well done to them for getting into the Premier League. But there is a world of difference between having a team good enough to win cup games and get promoted via the play-offs (against dismal oposition, be honest) and having a squad that is competitive for the Premier League. They had a FULL squad available for their 61st game yesterday- OK good training routines etc but they were very lucky to get through so many games with such an injury free record.

Graham Alexander succeeds Tugay as the oldest outfield player in the Prem and much of the rest of the side is of an age that we'd be fretting mightily about the need to replace/protect them from the rigours of the PL. Coyle is the sort of manager who will know of some cheap gems who he will be signing but by my reckoning he's going to need about eight such gems.

The gap has narrowed but so far as I am concerned it is is still there. One thing to be a PL club in name, quite another thing to be able to put out a side capable of beating a Sam-managed Rovers next season.

Sam will know all his good work in building a report with the Rovers fans will be undone in losing just one game against the dingles and I just don't see him allowing that to happen.

Morning ladies.

I can't even bring myself to do squabbles and bitterness this morning. Although I will do by lunchtime.

Just busy dancing on cloud nine, little old Burnley back in the top flight. Unbe - f**king - lievable. What a day. Can't wait for the North West super league next season.

Gav, Abbey and the other one... I love you all.

The Dingles are Back.

Sam, whilst I can appreciate your joy at this time, I would like you to acknowledge that being an arsehole can be, at times, akin to scratching ones nails on a blackboard.

So, until you've sobered up and can post in a sensible manner, (Please don't use that word again) off.

Archived