BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emile Heskey

Soon as I read the paper this morning I knew this would be a topic, I was going to create the same thing myself.

Not for me - wages not withstanding this guy has no interest in Rovers and only wants to book his place on the plane to South Africa. MON is not playing him for a reason, and that reason is that is because he's not good enough - I don't care about the "system" - if he could score goals he'd be in the team, lets face it - Agbonhoohawatsit is starting games and he's hardly set the world alight has he?

He's been below par for England the last few games imho - if he wants to get on that plane then he's got to work harder in training and get into the Villa team.

Sorry but not good enough for Villa, not good enough for Rovers.

Is Big Fat Sam so one dimesional in style? I'm not sure he is.

Thanks.

Heskey would be great why people can't see his quality I don't know how many caps does he have? How many different managers have played him at that level? Rarely out of a team challenging for the top 6.

Put it this way would you rather have a big lump who can't control a ball or hit the back of the net from 3 yards? Or a big lump up front who can control a ball but can't hit a donkey's backside? I'll take the later.

He'd get double figures and is great at bringing people into the game, I reckon he'd do very well in Sam's system (soon to be systems :lol: ).

If i were sam it is certainly something I'd be interested in. FDS is going, we don't have anyone else who can play one man upfront/target man role and Heskey can. He is not great, not perfect but certainly better than Roberts, and if Capello thinks he is good enough for that role I'm inclined to think he is good enough for us (not convinced about England though). If we could sell or loan out JR then his and FDS' wages should cover Heskey's, shouldn't they?

I still think (part hope) Benni has something to offer, I thought he did reasonably well in the City game, and getting back in to the national team should provide him with motivation (and they need him).

Heskey is a big lump, who collapses to the floor very easily. There is no way we should be spending any cash on him, especially at 31. A loan deal would be ok if we can't get Di Santo to stay. I doubt there will be many strikers available that we could get in. The problem is that he doesn't score many goals.

For crying out loud, we have Jason Roberts as our non-scoring oaf. WHy in God's name do we want another goal-shy forward?

Here's a novelty.

Let's get a striker who can PLAY and SCORE.

For crying out loud, we have Jason Roberts as our non-scoring oaf. WHy in God's name do we want another goal-shy forward?

Here's a novelty.

Let's get a striker who can PLAY and SCORE.

Change that to 'lets PLAY our only striker who can play and score!' BENNI!!! I know he's lazy (not fat by the looks of it - fat like Dunny is, just stocky) but he can SCORE!!!

I'd rather have Roberts than Heskey-at least the former doesn't take big wages for being crap. Heskey is immobile, weak and couldn't score in a brothel full of former nuns. Emile is like the bloke in that Carlsberg ad a few years ago who becomes a star despite being a rubbish Sunday league player.

Thanks.

Heskey would be great why people can't see his quality I don't know how many caps does he have? How many different managers have played him at that level? Rarely out of a team challenging for the top 6.

Put it this way would you rather have a big lump who can't control a ball or hit the back of the net from 3 yards? Or a big lump up front who can control a ball but can't hit a donkey's backside? I'll take the later.

He'd get double figures and is great at bringing people into the game, I reckon he'd do very well in Sam's system (soon to be systems :lol: ).

If you play Heskey, for me you simply must have a 'fox in the box' alongside him, a younger Kevin Phillips type would be ideal, but where are these players?? Theres a lad in the lower leagues worth watching, Le Fondre, was at Rochdale last year and still scoring this year, looks very sharp indeed and for the long term, have a look at a couple of 19 year olds at Stanley, I am sure Rovers will be looking at them tomorrow night!!

We havent one striker who attacks space, that is the secret of a real goal poacher, if we get one

we will be on our way, trust me.

I do not jest when I say that I would rather we re-signed Jon Stead.

Heskey is the anti-forward.

He may be big, strong, committed, honest, English, proud, patriotic, defensive, tall, winner of flick-ons, defender mangler...

but he just cannot goddam shoot and it makes me want to curl up an waste away to think that he is one of our best ENglish target men.

'fox in the box' alongside him, a younger Kevin Phillips type would be ideal

Someone tell me the last time a target man and fox in the box has brought any success. Heskey and Owen, Yorke and Cole....how many years ago was that.

You just need someone to score the bloody goals, the midfield are supposed to create not a big lump like Heskey.

If he is not good enough for MON but Benitez is sprouting that he may go for Heskey then that is enough for me to say he isn't the right person for Blackburn Rovers.

If we can offload Roberts on loan somewhere and sign Heskey as a replacement the team would be significantly stronger IMO.

McCarthy would benefit too from having a big, genuine target man who can play with his back to goal and make space for others by pulling defenders out of position.

Ideal signing: if he's willing to come to Ewood Allardyce should move for him toot suite.

Agbonhoohawatsit is starting games and he's hardly set the world alight has he?

That would be the same agbonhoohawatsit who has scored 4 premier league goals (same as Bellamy, Adebayor, and one more than Anelka) and will start up front for England tonight!!!

Nah... he's not set the world alite has he ;)

I didn't know where else to put this, but according to the mail we are going to battle it out with Wigan for Raul Tamudo:

Tamudo

I wouldn't have given this much credibility but they go on to mention the need for a frontman as Di Santo will return to Chelsea in January. Although we've been linked to this guy before he is a quality player and as his contract is up next summer we should be able to get him on the cheap.

Also does anybody know anything about this Pedersen fella we're after from some Norwegian club? And before anyone says it - it's not in reference to Gamst.

If you play Heskey, for me you simply must have a 'fox in the box' alongside him, a younger Kevin Phillips type would be ideal, but where are these players?? Theres a lad in the lower leagues worth watching, Le Fondre, was at Rochdale last year and still scoring this year, looks very sharp indeed and for the long term, have a look at a couple of 19 year olds at Stanley, I am sure Rovers will be looking at them tomorrow night!!

We havent one striker who attacks space, that is the secret of a real goal poacher, if we get one

we will be on our way, trust me.

Maybe that's why Sam is rumoured to be interested in Marcus Pedersen and Simeon Jackson. Fit's the bill, both are hot prospects, cheap, young, available in the January window. Heskey is just the sort of player they need to play along side of. Look at Sam's pattern of spending and it makes sense. Heskey as a stand alone purchase leaves me numb but as part of that package he'd be an inspired signing.

Here's a deal far more likely to get Sam's attention:

Adriano available on a free to European clubs.

If ever there was an Allardyce signing, that is it. Incredibly unlikely and carries a high risk, but he showed at Bolton it's the type of signing he loves to get.

Unlikely, I know...but stranger things have happened. Wages would be a problem, but Di Santo would be gone (£15k?), Zurab is out on loan (15k?)...so if we could get rid of of maybe McCarthy or Roberts we could possibly squeeze him in...

Here's a deal far more likely to get Sam's attention:

Adriano available on a free to European clubs.

If ever there was an Allardyce signing, that is it. Incredibly unlikely and carries a high risk, but he showed at Bolton it's the type of signing he loves to get.

Unlikely, I know...but stranger things have happened. Wages would be a problem, but Di Santo would be gone (£15k?), Zurab is out on loan (15k?)...so if we could get rid of of maybe McCarthy or Roberts we could possibly squeeze him in...

Hmm. Financially it seems difficult to see how we could afford him. I suppose we could have a punt if we shifted McCarthy - an offer of say 50k a week and a 10m release clause (a la the bellamy deal) might be attractive to him and his agents. I would imagine Sam could get the best out of him too.

If Spurs or anyone like that were interested obviously we would have no chance. If they don't fancy it though? Maybe....

Issue is whether we could find anyone to buy McCarthy or Roberts. I am unsure who is going to take them on current form.

Agree that this is right up Sam's street. He would love the publicity.

Adriano a mental case of the highest order, but seriously talented. Would be a massive gamble especially since Mourinho had no joy with him and was desperate to get rid of him. We apparently tried for Ronaldo so you never know, but I'd feel safer if we had a full time shrink at the club with Adriano around.

I didn't know where else to put this, but according to the mail we are going to battle it out with Wigan for Raul Tamudo:

Tamudo

I wouldn't have given this much credibility but they go on to mention the need for a frontman as Di Santo will return to Chelsea in January. Although we've been linked to this guy before he is a quality player and as his contract is up next summer we should be able to get him on the cheap.

Also does anybody know anything about this Pedersen fella we're after from some Norwegian club? And before anyone says it - it's not in reference to Gamst.

Marcus Pedersen, plays for the Norwegian club Strømsgodset. Has been pretty decent for them this year, althoug Strømsgodset have been at lower half of the table almost all season.Just 19 years old, scored 9 goals in 20 games so far. Sunderland, HSV, Anderlecht and Twente are also interested.

You will se a goal from him here : http://msn.tv2sporten.no/fotball/tippeligaen/godsetjuvel-oensket-av-blackburn-2951849.html at the bottom of the page.

I bet you totally kick ass at Football Manager ^_^

It's not that unrealistic. He's had so many personal problems that most managers won't go near him now probably. Nobody thought Sam would get the likes of Djorkaeff, Okocha, Campo, Jardel, Nakata etc. at Bolton either. Adriano has struggled with fitness, weight and form for a few years now, he's not the attraction he was a few years back to the big clubs.

I don't actually think it will happen, but I bet that information on his availability doesn't pass Sam by. He said something when he was at Bolton about being lucky if he gets 5% of the players he tries for because he goes for these ambitious signings that rarely come off...but sometimes they do.

I'm fairly sure that, if it is true that Adriano will be allowed to move on a free, Sam will do absolutely everything to make sure our hat is in the ring. He'll know it's incredibly unlikely...but as the saying goes, if you don't ask you don't get.

Thought I read he was flying to Italy for a trial with AC Milan.

Really? That would make sense I suppose, AC do like to take a chance on washed-up/declining megastars (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Beckham).

Archived