BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emile Heskey

I was going to start a thread about this first thing but thought I'd be slated for thinking he'd be a good option for us.

Looks like a few people actually agree. Wonder if we could get a loan deal in place for him if he's still not getting a run of games at Villa.

Sam has already said Di Santo will leave in January.

A lot depends on Kalinic getting up to Premier League strength. We will no doubt have a good chance to assess his progress when Posh come to Ewood.

He has said he expects him too, but we will try to extend the loan. So it is not decided yet.

I'm still waiting for someone to help Heskey discover his form from Leicester and the early Liverpool years. Then he was a powerhouse forward who actually scored goals (much like Mark Viduka in his prime) rather than the 100 % target man he's become today,

Must admit it was the first thought that entered my mind when I read it as well.

A loan deal until the end of the season perhaps?

It's always difficult to second-guess what teams will do, but I can't see many suitors for him at the moment. Hull will probably try and fail as they do with every striker on the move. Stoke could be a possibility, they're not a afraid to spend money and he would suit their style perfectly. Only Birmingham and Fulham look like other potential destinations for me.

Heskey must be one of the least mobile forwards around nowadays. We already lack pace and mobility. It's no good his being the target man if we've nobody to actually score the goals. Unless I missed something we don't have a goalscoring forward. Now I know they cost a fortune we haven't got but it would be nice to actually think for a month or two that we might be looking for one instead of a great lumbering guy who hasn't scored many in the last 4 years or more

Heskey is a big lump, who collapses to the floor very easily. There is no way we should be spending any cash on him, especially at 31. A loan deal would be ok if we can't get Di Santo to stay. I doubt there will be many strikers available that we could get in. The problem is that he doesn't score many goals.

:unsure:

No way!!!!!

I hope we don't go anywhere near Heskey.

We need someone with speed up front, not some big target man, plus do we really want "Sams style of play" forever??

You aren't thinking straight barry. Like it or lump it, whilst Sam's here we will have a big target man up front.

You aren't thinking straight barry. Like it or lump it, whilst Sam's here we will have a big target man up front.

Then we should have a good target man or a change of football 'style'. Not an ageing donkey.

Is Big Fat Sam so one dimesional in style? I'm not sure he is.

Roberts is useless, Benni is fat, and Kalinic is still trying to find his scoring touch. MGP doesnt contribute with goals anymore, and Bert has just returned from injury. Dunn is our likeliest source to get goals. Its going to be another long season, unless we get at least 2 strikers in January who can score.

Archived