BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Household Items

I've always thought Ikea is good value for many small items. If you think of buying sofas and chairs try to get the best you can afford, a sound investment. Ours are 24 years old, have done 3 kids and recovering aside are still perfectly sound. Buy some £299 item in DSL / CSI / ABC or whatever and it might fall apart in a couple of years.

some folk may think it's a bit expensive but i find John Lewis great for electrical stuff such as TV's and washing machines. they are generally cheaper than Tesco, Comet and Currys and come with a 5 year guarantee rather than the usual 1 or 2 years max from elsewhere.

as for furniture try Multiyork in Southport.

I kitted my flat out pretty cheaply 5 years ago with a mixture of Ikea and Argos stuff. It was cheap and is still going strong... I got sofas on BOGOF for £150 and a bed for £100.

I got a lot of kitchen stuff from my parents cupboards and friends of the family's cupboards (dont worry it was all donated) and have slowly but surely replaced it with prettier matching stuff. You would be surprised how expensive all those little bits slowly add up to and actually people have loads of extra bits in the backs of cupboards that they never actually use.

I was quite lucky when I bought my flat because the lad who lived here before me left me the fridge, washing machine, wardrobes and all curtains/ blinds and light fittings.

some folk may think it's a bit expensive but i find John Lewis great for electrical stuff such as TV's and washing machines. they are generally cheaper than Tesco, Comet and Currys and come with a 5 year guarantee rather than the usual 1 or 2 years max from elsewhere.

True - there is always deals knocking around - usually spot them on hotdeals.

Archived