BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

On 23/04/2019 at 10:13, oldjamfan1 said:

Sad news coming out of Scotland today. Billy McNeill, legendary Celtic captain and the first Briton to lift the European Cup, has passed away after a long illness.

Given everything he achieved in the game, he remained a really humble, down-to-earth man. The word legend is often overused these days, but 'Cesar' was a genuine legend.

A sad day for Celtic and football in general. 

RIP Cesar

the amazing thing about that European cup winning side is they all came from about 20 miles of Glasgow.

18 minutes ago, jodrell said:

the amazing thing about that European cup winning side is they all came from about 20 miles of Glasgow.

They were all born within 10 miles of Celtic Park apart from one - who was from Saltcoats (about 30 miles away)

On 23/04/2019 at 10:13, oldjamfan1 said:

Sad news coming out of Scotland today. Billy McNeill, legendary Celtic captain and the first Briton to lift the European Cup, has passed away after a long illness.

Given everything he achieved in the game, he remained a really humble, down-to-earth man. The word legend is often overused these days, but 'Cesar' was a genuine legend.

A sad day for Celtic and football in general. 

RIP Cesar

Sad indeed Andy. During the 1980s I watched Celtic many, many times (only once did I miss a Rovers game when I managed to get tickets for an Old Firm game!) and plenty when Billy was manager. RIP Billy.

9E6A1DC7-0D76-4DE3-A8EA-7BE4DC246572.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s a name to keep an eye out for in the future... Adil Aouchiche. No good for Mowbray fans as he’s only 16 but he’s just scored a hat trick for France in the U17 Euros, 8 goals in his last four games including one against England.

He’s at PSG so won’t be under the radar but he looks a real player. A midfielder too apparently!

Edit: make that 4 - just scored a pen. 10 goals in last 6 matches.

Edited by Stuart

• Backroom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48302526

The 13-man board said it "retained the strong opinion that the presented proposal for reforming the European club competitions benefits just a few rich and dominant clubs but damages the leagues and the great majority of clubs playing in the domestic competitions.

You don't say. Almost like it's been purposefully designed that way :rolleyes: bit late to be worrying about that, anyway, it's already happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I knew what this would be before I clicked the link.

You have to wonder if these statues go through any form of quality control before being presented to the world. Or even a gentle tap on the shoulder, and a nod to a picture maybe. They actually do a disservice to those they are purporting to idolise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That would not have come cheap. It is truly atrocious.

Does anyone know who the Sculptor was? He should be ashamed.

The statue was created by Belfast artist Tony Currie

Don't think he used to play for Sheff Utd but you never know,

2 hours ago, Neil Weaver said:

Don't think he used to play for Sheff Utd but you never know,

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/people/creator-of-new-george-best-statue-says-we-did-not-want-to-put-him-on-pedestal-1-8936919

Creator of new George Best statue says ‘we did not want to put him on pedestal’

He made a sculpture FFS!

• Like 5

Match-fixing in football: Spanish police make arrests in top two divisions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48431483

I think there will be far more examples of this than the football authorities would like to admit.

How many shots was that on target against Spurs? When was that cup semi forfeited?

Murky stuff but I expect Spanish fans who expressed any concerns at the time will have been estúpidos portadores de sombrero de papel de aluminio.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 13:40, Bigdoggsteel said:

The main complaint is that the sculpture, which was revealed on Wednesday, does not bear any resemblance to the Belfast boy.

Bit of an issue that alright 

Wasn't even holding a beer.

• Like 1

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

The wit and wisdom of George Best

• Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 22:22, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/people/creator-of-new-george-best-statue-says-we-did-not-want-to-put-him-on-pedestal-1-8936919

Creator of new George Best statue says ‘we did not want to put him on pedestal’

He made a sculpture FFS!

He's got grant Hanley's head