BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

I find that odd too, I always thought the Copa America was never broadcasted that well here. The African competition is crap in comparison to the Asian and South American ones.

Hmm not so sure about that. The bits I've seen of Asian Cup have been awful. Caught about 5 minutes of Qatar vs China, I've seen better down at Coppull United!

The coverage on Eurosport is erratic (as Eurosport tends to be anyway) - I'm sure one game they only showed second half cos cross country skiing was on:D

The Copa America receives next to no coverage on the big channels, which is strange as it is of a far higher quality than the African/Asian ones. Next July it is in Argentina, so should be more interesting than usual.

As well as Brazil, the Argies, Paraguay and Chile from last year's World Cup, they have also invited Mexico and Japan (they always invite an extra two countries so they can have 3 groups of 4 teams).

Quite why the BBC bids for Burkina Faso v. Mali or Algeria v. Cameroon in January (when it was played last year) when everyone is all preoccupied with the Prem I don't know. Not when it could be the likes of Brazil v. Mexico or Argentina v. Uruguay in July when there is no other football, I'm not quite sure why.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

The Copa America receives next to no coverage on the big channels, which is strange as it is of a far higher quality than the African/Asian ones. Next July it is in Argentina, so should be more interesting than usual.

As well as Brazil, the Argies, Paraguay and Chile from last year's World Cup, they have also invited Mexico and Japan (they always invite an extra two countries so they can have 3 groups of 4 teams).

Quite why the BBC bids for Burkina Faso v. Mali or Algeria v. Cameroon in January (when it was played last year) when everyone is all preoccupied with the Prem I don't know. Not when it could be the likes of Brazil v. Mexico or Argentina v. Uruguay in July when there is no other football, I'm not quite sure why.

I guess time zones play a part, Africa's is pretty similar. I would love it if they covered the Copa America though, would be some cracking games, and talent on show.

Korea v. Japan in the semi final today/tonight,depending where you are.

If you've been disappointed with the quality of the tournament so far, this game will certainly change your mind.

There is no love lost between the two nations either, as the Koreans take on the old enemy.

Udinese's model that I would like Rovers to follow, work permits would be a huge problem for any English club and perhaps something that Platini forgets when he talks about fair play.

Their scouting system is renown for unearthing young talent from SA and Africa.

A glimpse into some of their acquisitions and the profits made, probably the sort of model that Kentaro have sold to our owners, allegedly.

My link

When I still played football for a club in my younger days, I scored a similar goal where I dribbled past 4 defenders, then the keeper, but the ball went too far away from me, I got to it just before it was about to cross the line for a goal kick and smashed it across goal with my left foot into the top right corner. Best feeling I've ever felt, save for sex. I also used to score goals direct from corner kicks. Remembering it usually depresses me, as I can't play anymore :(

So has everyone seen the Kevin Muscat challenge? Blimey!

Once a thug, always a thug it seems. 8 game ban well deserved.

Absolutely shocking tackle, and he has a nerve to shout at the ref when he shows him the red card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzCtRa2SE

He should have been banned for good after this - http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/24/1077594824929.html

Just found this on Youtube as well. The Roy Keane one gets worse everytime I see it, shocking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2spIJ-1zw&feature=fvw

Edited by Valois

According to Marca, when Jermaine Pennant got his loan move back to England, he left his Porsche at the train station in Zaragoza. After it sat there for five months, the club sent someone to pick it up, who found that Pennant had left the keys on the seat of the car.

The best part is that he totally forgot about it, and didn't remember his Porsche until his Spanish interpreter called and reminded him! He was surprised that he owned yet another Porsche, and even more surprised he had forgotten it at a Spanish train station.