BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Brazil vs Argentina U20's last night. Very entertaining though neither side especially Brazil had any concern whatsoever for their defence. And I thought we were playing very open lol.

Made for a truely entertaining game though with attack followed by attack. One player that really caught my eye though was Juan Iturbe for Argentina. Great skill and dribbling ability and I seem to recall the commentator stating he was only 17. Really refreshing to watch though.

Watched Brazil vs Argentina U20's last night. Very entertaining though neither side especially Brazil had any concern whatsoever for their defence. And I thought we were playing very open lol.

Made for a truely entertaining game though with attack followed by attack. One player that really caught my eye though was Juan Iturbe for Argentina. Great skill and dribbling ability and I seem to recall the commentator stating he was only 17. Really refreshing to watch though.

If Juan Iturbe works hard and trains hard he could be the next Formica.

Hannover 96 1-0 Wolfsburg

Attendance: Last season sell out, this season about 40 000 (out of 49 000)

Last season: I had just arrived from England and couldn't speak a word of deutsch. Somehow got free tickets for the game and during the next 3 hours leart a lot about german football. Two most important things I learnt were: Every matchday seems to start with a beer and a bratwurst and Hannover and Wolfsburg are big rivals and 'we' must not lose. Well it ended up 5-0 and Wolfsburg all but secured the championship in Hannover, whilst at the same time almost relegated Hannover. Dzeko was amazing and scored a perfect hat-trick.

This season: Hannover after their promising start seemed to be on a bit of a wobble. Wolfsburg were underperforming compared to last season.

Pre match: Chanting started 30 min before the game kicked off. The standing section was packed well before then and all in full voice. Teams walked out with the commontator saying Hannover are now Niedersachsen's number 1 team, to which the away fans set off 10 flares covering the corner in smoke.

Game: I was impressed by both teams overall. Hannover can't defend down the flanks. I lost count of the number of times the left winger ran round the right back to collect a through ball passed between the right back and right sided centre back! Wolfsburg were unlucky not to score from one of these crosses. After 5 min the first clear change of the game occured. Pinto collected the ball from a short freekick, (The kind that when Blackburn do it, we groan and the ball is blocked by the wall) ran towards the goal and unleashed a shot that bounced towards the bottom corner, which the keeper jumped over and the ball went in the goal!!! The game was pretty even and in the 80th minute Diego won a penatly from a kamakarzi tackle just inside the edge of the box after the defence failed to clear. For some reason the home fans hate Diego, not sure why, maybe it was a bad tackle in the opening minutes but the whistles were defening as he took the spot kick. Diego smashed it and it came off the underside of the bar and landed just out of the goal! After this the atmosphere was amazing and every fan was stood up cheering the team home to a hard earned victory.

The atmosphere and the game was amazing, best one yet in Germany for me. I think the un-reserved standing section is a definate plus and the ground is covered with banners and flags - similar to when England play. The fans also sing along to ACDC and Black Eyed Peas etc before the game. I also like the announcer as he only says e.g. number 1 paul and the fans shout ROBINSON. Thats pretty cool. Same with when a goal is scored: goal scored by: David DUNN, the score is: Hannover EINS, Wolfsburg NUL. danke BITTE.

As a side note: I wouldn't say Wolfsburg were playing like a team that were about to have their manager sacked. They could quite easily have won playing away against one for the better teams in the division.

Hannover 96 1-0 Wolfsburg

Attendance: Last season sell out, this season about 40 000 (out of 49 000)

Last season: I had just arrived from England and couldn't speak a word of deutsch. Somehow got free tickets for the game and during the next 3 hours leart a lot about german football. Two most important things I learnt were: Every matchday seems to start with a beer and a bratwurst and Hannover and Wolfsburg are big rivals and 'we' must not lose. Well it ended up 5-0 and Wolfsburg all but secured the championship in Hannover, whilst at the same time almost relegated Hannover. Dzeko was amazing and scored a perfect hat-trick.

This season: Hannover after their promising start seemed to be on a bit of a wobble. Wolfsburg were underperforming compared to last season.

Pre match: Chanting started 30 min before the game kicked off. The standing section was packed well before then and all in full voice. Teams walked out with the commontator saying Hannover are now Niedersachsen's number 1 team, to which the away fans set off 10 flares covering the corner in smoke.

Game: I was impressed by both teams overall. Hannover can't defend down the flanks. I lost count of the number of times the left winger ran round the right back to collect a through ball passed between the right back and right sided centre back! Wolfsburg were unlucky not to score from one of these crosses. After 5 min the first clear change of the game occured. Pinto collected the ball from a short freekick, (The kind that when Blackburn do it, we groan and the ball is blocked by the wall) ran towards the goal and unleashed a shot that bounced towards the bottom corner, which the keeper jumped over and the ball went in the goal!!! The game was pretty even and in the 80th minute Diego won a penatly from a kamakarzi tackle just inside the edge of the box after the defence failed to clear. For some reason the home fans hate Diego, not sure why, maybe it was a bad tackle in the opening minutes but the whistles were defening as he took the spot kick. Diego smashed it and it came off the underside of the bar and landed just out of the goal! After this the atmosphere was amazing and every fan was stood up cheering the team home to a hard earned victory.

The atmosphere and the game was amazing, best one yet in Germany for me. I think the un-reserved standing section is a definate plus and the ground is covered with banners and flags - similar to when England play. The fans also sing along to ACDC and Black Eyed Peas etc before the game. I also like the announcer as he only says e.g. number 1 paul and the fans shout ROBINSON. Thats pretty cool. Same with when a goal is scored: goal scored by: David DUNN, the score is: Hannover EINS, Wolfsburg NUL. danke BITTE.

As a side note: I wouldn't say Wolfsburg were playing like a team that were about to have their manager sacked. They could quite easily have won playing away against one for the better teams in the division.

Thanks for the time and giving us an insight into German football from a fans view.

Sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the time and giving us an insight into German football from a fans view.

Sounds fantastic.

:) bitte.

Yeah there are quite a few differences between English and German football. I play for a fairly big team (although rubbish) in Hannover and they take it fairly seriously so it's almost all tactics tactics tactics. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I now played for an English team again. I've never learnt half the things i've learnt in just 18 months here! But maybe this discussion is for another thread...

Good report. However, wasn't it two seasons ago Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga?

What do you think of the sacking? He might not have won that many, but he didn't actually lose that many either.

Good report. However, wasn't it two seasons ago Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga?

What do you think of the sacking? He might not have won that many, but he didn't actually lose that many either.

Yep it was! Time has flown bye since I arrived here. Good spot ;)

I was suprised at the sacking as I knew they were lower down the league then they should be, but the way they played some good football and they could have beaten or at least drawn with Hannover who may sneak into the Champions league next year. Shows that football, at the end of the day, is judged on results and not performances.

On the theme of German football, they have a great football show on Saturday evenings with highlights from the games on that particular day. Can't remember the channel, think it's N1 or something similar. The point is, unlike over here with MOTD, each team seems to have equal coverage and they include a few second and third tier games as well. No bias towards the big clubs like Bayern. Very refreshing.

In Switzerland, Grasshoppers remain unbeaten after the winter break with a win and two draws. Third bottom now, onward and upward.

On the theme of German football, they have a great football show on Saturday evenings with highlights from the games on that particular day. Can't remember the channel, think it's N1 or something similar. The point is, unlike over here with MOTD, each team seems to have equal coverage and they include a few second and third tier games as well. No bias towards the big clubs like Bayern. Very refreshing.

For people here, the Bundesliga Review on ESPN is pretty good too.

Has this been posted?

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1376081/95e67e5b/schwalbe_voor_gevorderden.html

Surely takes play acting to a new level? hehe

haha that's funny!

Well before I left for Rovers I thought that just incase it was rubbish I'd record Bayern vs Dortmund. Turned out to be a very good decision.

It was a very good game - Dortmund won 3-1, which I think should see them go onto win the title. Within 20 minutes it was 2-1 to Dortmund - their second one was a lovely goal. Bayern then had a goal disallowed for offside, but it was probably marginally onside.

Dortmund are really good to watch at the moment. The average age of the team is 22 years old and they have some really great young players such as Sahin, Götze and Großkreutz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKma6yxyptE

Italian Serie A side Palermo's owner Massimo Zamparini doesn't mince words on his current coach, Delio Rossi:

– Rossi has a one per cent chance of staying on the bench, you can bet on that. The team has been completely destroyed. He ruined my Palermo. Rossi has destroyed this squad. I asked the coach to fix the defense and he did not do it. Instead, he took off Ezequiel Munoz, who is the best player in the back line. We cannot play like this. I'll think it over tonight and at most tomorrow morning, but I am seriously considering handing the side to the youth team coach. I should have kicked Rossi out at Christmas.
Edited by Commondore