BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Interesting times now in the MLs, with the Gold Cup on, the MLS teams all lose their best CONCACAF players, basically. These aren't the games to watch for those that lvoe beautiful football, but these are the games where your bench depth turns a bad season into a decent one, or a good season into a bad one.

This may not work outside the USA in which case I'll try to find a different clip. But this weekend saw potentially the MLS goal of the season. Scored over Kasey Keller's head. It was especially shocking since Seattle (at home) had been down 1-0 in the 80th minue, and had just scored 2 quick goals to take a late 2-1 lead. Hassli's shot gave the vistors the tie and basically shut up what is one of the loudest stadiums in the MLS when its rocking.

Hassli's goal

Edited by USRoverME

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FUTBOL24 My friend sent me the link to this site - some of you may already use it, but it was new to me. The best livescore website I've found. It is mega fast and has the most ridiculous selection of leagues you can think of.

Just watched St Pauli go top of the league with a victory away at Bochum :D

The new manager seems just as crazy as the old one!

• 1 month later...

Still over the moon with Sweden's qualification to Euro 2012 yesterday! We had to beat an already qualified Holland to become the best runner up in all the qualification groups, and despite loosing a 1-0 lead (superb freekick by Källström) to 1-2 Sweden fought back and won 3-2. This side is not as good as the team of 5-6 years ago that sported players like Mellberg, Larsson and Ljungberg in their absolute prime with a young Ibrahimovic to back them up, but hopefully we can have a good tournament now that we have actually qualified... Hopefully we'll get England in our group, as we haven't lost against Three Lions in a competitive game for almost 70 years!

Yeah was a great feeling. It's true that they had less to play for than we did, but it was the first time we beat them since 1924! They had also won every qualifying game for WC 2010 as well as the 9 previous ones in this campaign. Not even a draw. Now we, along with Spain in the WC final, are the only two teams to beat van Marwijk's team in a competitive game.

Martin Olsson got beat in the air by Huntelaar for one of their goals, but was very lively going forward.

Congrats neighbours! Well-deserved!

Did Martin Olsson start the game?

Thanks! Too bad about Portugal getting between you and Denmark, would have been good to see another Nordic country in the tournament. Will you keep Drillo as manager or try something new for the World Cup qualification?

This weekend I've seen 2 of the biggest rivalries in European football.

Liverpool - United and SS Lazio - FC Roma

The Premier League is touted to be the best league in the world. The first 45 minutes between liverpool - united was very very boring - almost fell asleep. The match was ordinary. Not much skills, hard tackles and big decisions.

Lazio vs Roma on the other hand. CRACKING football match! There are now 7-8 teams able to fight for the best places in the league. Lazio, Roma, Napoli, Inter, AC Milan, Palermo - maybe others.

Premier League have to be careful. The love for the big 4 is slowly killing the league day by day, year by year.

• Like 2

This weekend I've seen 2 of the biggest rivalries in European football.

Liverpool - United and SS Lazio - FC Roma

The Premier League is touted to be the best league in the world. The first 45 minutes between liverpool - united was very very boring - almost fell asleep. The match was ordinary. Not much skills, hard tackles and big decisions.

Lazio vs Roma on the other hand. CRACKING football match! There are now 7-8 teams able to fight for the best places in the league. Lazio, Roma, Napoli, Inter, AC Milan, Palermo - maybe others.

Premier League have to be careful. The love for the big 4 is slowly killing the league day by day, year by year.

5 out of the 6 of the daytime kick offs in Serie A ended in 0-0 draws yesterday. I wouldn't say the league is that exciting.

The big threat is most likely to come from Germany IMO.

La Liga is the SPL on steroids and Italian football probably has too many issues.

Maybe they have to many issues and maybe there were a bunch of 0-0 matches - the latter being an indicator of an even league.

Seeing the celebration, the hard tackles flying, the skills almost everything during the Lazio - Roma game was fantastic. Liverpool - United was very dull in comparison.

I also saw Napoli vs Parma Saturday in a 2-2 match. Very entertaining.

Also saw Werder Bremen - Boruissia Dortmund on Friday.Many up and coming talents like Götze, Grosskreutz, Kagawa, Gundogan and Marin.

The Premier League is slowly losing its advantage.

Edited by alexanders

• 2 months later...

Jermain Jones has just been banned until 1st March and has been declared the nastiest player in Germany. He got sent off in the cup game vs B.Moenchengladbach, but his ban is for an off the ball incident. He deliberately stamped on Reus's foot, who was wearing a specially designed boot as he's got a broken toe.

Jermain Jones has just been banned until 1st March and has been declared the nastiest player in Germany. He got sent off in the cup game vs B.Moenchengladbach, but his ban is for an off the ball incident. He deliberately stamped on Reus's foot, who was wearing a specially designed boot as he's got a broken toe.

Does that mean he's banned in the whole of Europe (I expect so)? Or do EU/UEFA rules mean he could play (not be subject to restraint of trade and all that) in the UK?