BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1163-june-2013/9867-red-bull-s-invasion-of-the-austrian-leagues

Interesting read from WSC about Red Bull and their multiple ownership.

I remember when we played them some of their fans were telling us about how the new owners had actually banned the colour purple from the stadium and you'd get refused entry if wearing anything purple.

Guest Norbert

Spain vs.Tahiti tonight. I don't think Spain will really bother. About 4-0 without even breaking into a jog. It would be a shame as it could be an absolute massacre.

• Backroom

Spain are boring whether playing in the heat or not. They play very effective football and deserve the success they've had, but it's so boring watching them win everything. Have no doubt they'll scrape a win against Brazil in the final, and probably win WC 2014 as well.

• Moderation Lead

Spain are boring whether playing in the heat or not. They play very effective football and deserve the success they've had, but it's so boring watching them win everything. Have no doubt they'll scrape a win against Brazil in the final, and probably win WC 2014 as well.

Yep. And they won the under 21s so we've more of this to come...

The other team is Amigos, Friends of Luis Figo, so a charity match. I watched the Messi's allstars in a charity match. Everyone's having fun, no injuries, no hard tackling, scorelines like 13-12. Boa Morte basically played a joke as far as I'm concerned.

------------

Looks like Uruguay / Italy will play a 3rd place game.

Brazil won the last Confed. Cup, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_FIFA_Confederations_Cup so maybe it'd be good to see Spain get it but the home crowd will be expecting the Samba Boys to take it. Though they really aren't the Samba boys anymore from what I understand.

Torres, top scorer of that tournament so far: http://us.soccerway.com/international/world/confederations-cup/2013-brazil/group-stage/r16347/ Of course, Spain did play Tahiti and scored 10, Tahiti not a world powerhouse. I didn't know, once in a while, a player from Tahiti will play in France, I guess they are a former colony.

Edited by Audax

Also illegal.

I'm a bit hazy on the current rules. I thought you were allowed to sell a dummy on a penalty kick now as the keepers are allowed to move horizontally?

Edited by DanLad