BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

• Backroom

3-0 game over?

Brazil are just infinitely more likeable than Spain, if someone has to dominate world football and its not us I'd rather it be them. There's somehow something always romantic about the Brazil team I still can't believe they didnt win it in 98

Guest Norbert

It seems they didn't like the high tempo and Brazil being in their face. That should be a lesson for other teams to learn. Get at them, use skilfull wingers/attacking midfielders to quickly counter and have one or even two mobile, strong forwards to occupy the defenders.

Glad to see Spain knocked off their perch. The fawning was embarrassing.

Does that include Real Madrid and Barca?

It's a season ticket, so I assume so?

Just heard from a Brighton fan that they're a bigger club than Villarreal because we were in the second div last season. Unlike Brighton who are currently...

Edited by Amarillo

Guest Norbert

I meant is that the price for a season ticket at those clubs. If so, it must be great being subsidised by the Spanish/Catalan government.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Egypt wins over Uganda 3-0, you would almost think the game would be called since they are having violent problems over there. Too, I keep up with their games because they have former USA manager and American, Bob Bradley. So, sometimes I wonder how it is there.

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/08/14/world/friendlies/egypt/uganda/1559569/?ICID=HP_MS_01_05 but the original match was cancelled, Egypt vs. Mali: http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/08/14/world/friendlies/egypt/mali/1544974/?ICID=HP_MS_01_02

Played in El Gouna, Egypt, maybe that's the catch, small stadium outside of Cairo. I certainly hope peace can come to Egypt. Sounds pretty bad there right now.

el_gouna_stadium.jpg

And of course, a number of friendlies today, England Scotland in a little while.

---------------

Argentina has gone up on Italy, I think Argentina could win the World Cup next year.

Edited by Audax

Villarreal are playing Brighton in a pre-season friendly at the Amex on July 27.

Life is good to me sometimes.

Lucky result for them on the weekend.

PSV vs Milan - Sky Sports 1 - Kick off 19:45 - Champions League qualifier - 1st leg

PSV against AC Milan: Sweet, Willems, Rekik, Bruma, Brenet, Maher, Scarce, Wijnaldum; Depay, Matavz and Park

PSVMilan our starting XI: Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson, Montolivo, de Jong, Muntari, Boateng, Balotelli, El Shaarawy

Yes, that's the same Rekik, he's now on loan there.

There's also -

Lyon vs Real Sociedad

Pacos Ferreira vs Zenit St Petersburg

Viktoria Plzen vs Maribor

Steaua Bucharest vs Legia Warsaw

Edited by Salgado Is A Hero

Celtic losing to Inverness in the 79th minute.

I see Hellas Verona has climbed back up to Serie A and play AC Milan today, so I will be hoping for Verona, popular book out there on Italian Calcio is "A season in Verona", I think that's the name of a work by Shakespeare as well. Anyway, Verona was relegated a number of years ago, so they are back.