BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Just a note, these internationals start today, 1st leg of playoffs.

Wednesday, 13 November:

Jordan Uruguay

Mexico New Zealand

Friday, 15 November:

Portugal Sweden

Ukraine France

Greece Romania

Iceland Croatia

-------------------

Updating, Jordan lost in Jordan 5-0, I'd like to see New Zealand do well but feel it will go similarly though not so lopsided, perhaps 4-1 in today's match in Mexico giving the Kiwis a slight chance at home.

----------------------

I am picking an upset with

Sweden to win the 2 legged playoff vs. Portugal.

France over Ukraine, Greece to win, Croatia to win.

-----

Greece 2 1 Romania in first 22 minutes, I thought Greece was the ultra-conservative defence team....

Chile scores.... I won't bump this in case, anyone contributes, updates ..

Edited by Audax

Beautiful, the referee today in Sweden vs Portugal is Howard Webb.

Webb has the chance to redeem himself for being the worst Premiership referee in history (and of course the FA's favourite) by sending off Ronaldo in the 1st minute and awarding 3 penalties to Sweden. This is the chance to get back at Portugal for all the dirty tricks they've played knocking England out over the last few tournaments.

Webb has the chance to redeem himself for being the worst Premiership referee in history (and of course the FA's favourite) by sending off Ronaldo in the 1st minute and awarding 3 penalties to Sweden. This is the chance to get back at Portugal for all the dirty tricks they've played knocking England out over the last few tournaments.

Dirty tricks, i.e. being able to kick a ball into a net 12 yards away. Sweden are also our bogey team aren't they? Funny how many bogey teams we have aquired in recent years.

Ronaldo just scored 3 goals. Portugal are qualified. Tough luck :P

Guest Norbert

Are they near Real Madrid in the table?

The Spanish league is a better version of the Scottish league with Rangers pre-demotion. So any team that splits Real and Barca will get my support. And if they beat both, then fantastic.

The Spanish league is a better version of the Scottish league with Rangers pre-demotion. So any team that splits Real and Barca will get my support. And if they beat both, then fantastic.

It really annoys me when people say this, it is simply not true. La Liga is as competitive as the premier league the only thing different is that they have two clubs who are over years have been on another level to the rest of the league but it would be the same if Real or Barca played in England they are well ahead of anything else in the premiership as this season are Athletico.

• Like 1

Guest Norbert

I'm not doubting the clubs are better than Premier League clubs, but when was the last time the league was won by anyone other than Real Madrid or Barcelona? Valencia won it in 2002 and 2004, and before those? Probably Atletico Madrid in 1996. I don't know who was before that. The fact is La Liga is like the Scottish league in that the big two eventually hoover up most of the best players and win the league whilst everyone else hopes to make a Champions League place.

The other teams might make a better fist of challenging, but eventually Batca or Real Madrid win. That is why they have won almost twice as many league titles as the rest of the Spanish league combined.

We're 7pts from Real, but let's be serious, we can't compete with the big two. Even during our heyday we were battling against the tide. While they share 50% of the TV revenue, with the other half divvied up between 18 clubs, their dominance will continue unabated.

A couple of people I know who support 1.FC Union Berlin were on the Union Partyzug yesterday. The train which has two bar carriages and two disco carriages left Berlin just before 3am and arrived at Kaiserslautern at 11am. Party all the way there. Union got beat 3-0 and everyone got on the party train all the way back home. http://www.union-foto-hupe.de/udb/thumbnails.php?album=507

Sounds ace. I reckon we should organise one for Burnley away...see what Lancashire Police have to say about that!! :D :D

It really annoys me when people say this, it is simply not true. La Liga is as competitive as the premier league the only thing different is that they have two clubs who are over years have been on another level to the rest of the league but it would be the same if Real or Barca played in England they are well ahead of anything else in the premiership as this season are Athletico.

Spot on.

Man Utd have 13 premier league titles. The next highest has 3. And the Spanish league is boring because two teams dominate?

People say that the PL is the best league because you get more upsets etc but that also ties into what you're saying about Real and Barca being better than their English equivalents. Athletico Madrid would probably be in the top 2 this season if they played in England.

And Arsenal went unbeaten in one year....Mourinho's never lost a game at home...three years ago Utd won 18 of their 19 home games.

It's just as competitive as the prem.

Edited by Salgado Is A Hero

A couple of people I know who support 1.FC Union Berlin were on the Union Partyzug yesterday. The train which has two bar carriages and two disco carriages left Berlin just before 3am and arrived at Kaiserslautern at 11am. Party all the way there. Union got beat 3-0 and everyone got on the party train all the way back home. http://www.union-foto-hupe.de/udb/thumbnails.php?album=507

Sounds ace. I reckon we should organise one for Burnley away...see what Lancashire Police have to say about that!! :D :D

Yes, but without the 3-0 defeat, thanks.

Guest Norbert

Spot on.

Man Utd have 13 premier league titles. The next highest has 3. And the Spanish league is boring because two teams dominate?

People say that the PL is the best league because you get more upsets etc but that also ties into what you're saying about Real and Barca being better than their English equivalents. Athletico Madrid would probably be in the top 2 this season if they played in England.

And Arsenal went unbeaten in one year....Mourinho's never lost a game at home...three years ago Utd won 18 of their 19 home games.

It's just as competitive as the prem.

I was unaware that La Liga (or the Spanish top division) only started in 1992, and before that Real Madrid et al never existed outside my imagination. If you're going to use stats, at least make them somewhat comparable.

What do you mean?

The old first division was different as the prem is less competitive.

So I've only talked about '92 onwards. Because that's the debate anyway, La Liga vs the PL.

Since '92, Utd have won it 13 times, Arsenal and Chelsea 3 and us and City once.

In the same period, Barca have won it 10 times, Madrid 6, Valencia twice and Deportivo once.

So I don't think someone can say La Liga isn't as competitive based on those figures anyway.

The Korean league has come down to a knicker twisting climax with my adopted city Ulsan playing the Pohang Steelers in a championship decider. Think Liverpool Arsenal 1989. What makes it worse is Ulsans top striker Kim Shin Wook is suspended. i wish Rovers would have a look at him.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=kim%20shin%20wook&sm=3