BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Guest Norbert

Many were fearing loads of robberies and murders in South Africa, but it seemed to go off pretty well. And I didn't hear of a spate of vuvuzela extraction operations either (thank God they're not around this summer).

Never mind, I'm sure Russia will be wonderful in 2018. There's a country that has a population of laid back, open minded, happy people who will love the world visiting them. :blink:

Edited by Norbert

Real Madrid messed up tonight.

Looking like it is going to go down to Barcelona vs Athletico Madrid. I'm in Barcelona that day but at a bloody wedding. Gutted! Might have to do a bunk!!

• 2 weeks later...

Atletico Madrid draw at the Camp Nou and are La Liga champions. Great stuff for their 450 fans in a 97000 sellout

It certainly wasn't great stuff to watch with foul after foul from Athletico, the result was a defeat for football. And was probably the worst referring display that I have seen since David Elleray retired.

Was great to see that Athletico had the bottle to not 'do a Liverpool' after all.

A real poke in the eye for the glory hunters that one. If they some how manage to win the Champions League then I guess it will be glory hunter meltdown 2014. What will they do? Run out and buy a Brazil shirt?

Was great to see that Athletico had the bottle to not 'do a Liverpool' after all.

A real poke in the eye for the glory hunters that one. If they some how manage to win the Champions League then I guess it will be glory hunter meltdown 2014. What will they do? Run out and buy a Brazil shirt?

My best mate and I went to the Isle of Wight festival a few years back. We were waiting for the ferry home after a very heavy weekend when he spotted a man in a yellow football shirt. Without considering the options he hollered "I bet you've never even been to Brazil you #@$&!!! The bloke turned round with a confused look on his face. Then and only then did I point out to my good friend, the shirt was a Norwich one. Edited by patrickvalery
  • Like 2

Brazil's kits are a bit like Australia to me, and then, surprisingly, when the Swedes wear their yellow shirts and blue shirts, again, it seems similar but the Australians actually have I believe the dark green shorts.

That article posted above about football in Italy: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2619602/Napoli-fan-suffers-gunshot-wound-violent-clashes-ahead-Coppa-Italia-final.html?ico=sport^headlines

They have one of the most successful national teams but their league has corruption and this other stuff. Friend of mine in Italy moved, he said there were too many gangs there. I personally don't know. The pictures at that link certainly show some thuggish types, types that were seen in England as well in the past two years. Wasn't it vs. Chelsea but I don't think there were any major problems. Maybe a little bit. Pub got a bit trashed.

I was at a wedding on the outskirts of Barcelona last night. If they had won we were planning to go into town for the party, as it happens we didnt have to bother!

Last weekend went to the Espanyol game, it was fun. Was sat just next to the crazy Osasuna fans who were all crammed into a cage in the corner. They really dont cater much for away fans here!

USA National Men's Team does NOT select Landon Donovan for their World Cup squad.

I think they should have taken him along. As it stands, it's really against the odds for the USA to get out of the group that also has Germany, Portugal and Ghana.

http://www.cbssports.com/world-cup/eye-on-world-cup/24570202/landon-donovan-left-off-usmnt-roster-for-world-cup?tid=1400810328

Sunderland's Jozy Altidore among the four strikers selected. He scored 1 goal all season with 31 appearances. Just saying. Did well in the Eredivisie in the prior year. Perhaps Altidore has played well for the USA, I think it's been fair to decent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcupteams/article-2636795/Landon-Donovan-omitted-USA-World-Cup-squad-Jurgen-Klinsmann-Sunderland-flop-Jozy-Altidore-included.html

Edited by Audax

• 10 months later...

England/Lithuania later on, at one point, Lithuania wasn't bad, they've played both Italy and France well in the past, yes, I think always losing but a brave effort. In those days, I think they may have hit FIFA #29, now they are #94.

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/rankings/fifa/?ICID=TN_03_05_01

England 3-0 I will say.

Germany 2 2 Australia. Interesting result even if just a friendly.

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/03/25/world/friendlies/germany/australia/1968669/

France 1 Brazil 3, I can't judge it, it seems Benzema, though very good for Real Madrid just doesn't match up with the greats or even contemporaries like Ronaldo and Bale.

Denmark 3 USA 2. Scotland 1 0 NI in friendlies.

Edited by Audax

Montenegro Russia suspended, whomever in Montenegro did it, flare hit the Russian goalkeeper reportedly hit with a flare, the same goalkeeper who at last year's world cup had the laser light shone at him if I have this corrrect. I certainly hope he's okay.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7157/euro-2016-qualifiers/2015/03/27/10240542/russia-and-montenegro-game-suspended-as-akinfeev-struck-by

Croatia, Serbia and now Montenegro, those 3 countries, Turkey too, have some awful fans.

Basically, the story repeats the headline. So good for this club in Moscow, I guess they will be my favourite Russian club. The robbers did steal a good amount of money from the old boy, 11,000, 7,000 has been raised.

• 2 weeks later...

Italy,

20th place Parma defeat 1st place Juventus,

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2015/April/11/allegri-juve-did-nothing-right-in-shock-parma-defeat/n574912/

Juventus is even 14 points ahead of 2nd, Roma probably plays and can surely gain a few points. Too late for that.

It's been a few years since that has happened in the Premier League, I can think of a few possibilities.

QPR Chelsea tomorrow, that one would have possibilities of an upset.

Edited by Audax

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but why do Bayern have fences at each end of the ground?

I don't mind a bit of European footy but not a great follower of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Oh yeah, he'd be perfect for City. The way Chelsea got rid of him was fairly similar to Madrid, winning the double, then following it up with no trophies usually results in your p45....