BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Please explain?

Love nothing more than being creative with the past and painting racial issues out whilst ensuring they get plenty of airing in a modern culture what is totally designed to encourage "equality" these guys don't help "equality" with flashbacks too the past.

In Sols case a self feeling of entitlement and it's amazing how wronged he always is because of the colour of his skin and nothing to do with being a talent-less idiot outside of his playing days.

See London MP and I should be a PL boss and it's laughable in Sol's case.

Edited by Dunnfc

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Love nothing more than being creative with the past and painting racial issues out bigger than they are/were whilst ensuring they get plenty of airing in a modern culture what is totally designed to encourage "equality" these guys don't help "equality" with flashbacks too the past.

In Sols case a self feeling of entitlement and it's amazing how wronged he always is because of the colour of his skin and nothing to do with being a talent-less idiot outside of his playing days.

Wow. I thought I'd just misunderstood the term 'racial fantasist', but no, you really meant it how I hoped you hadn't meant it.

You know how big 'racial issues' were back then do you? Are you retired black footballer from the 70's who had a white girlfriend and was abused for it? Do you get death threats because of the colour of your skin? I think I'm more likely to believe Rosenior than you. 

Are they not allowed to talk about their past? You make it sound like they should be grateful that they are no longer subjected to vile racial abuse and should therefore be grateful and just shut up. Very worrying that.

I really didn't expect this response to that article.   

Disgusted to be honest.  

Are they not allowed to talk about their past? You make it sound like they should be grateful that they are no longer subjected to vile racial abuse and should therefore be grateful and just shut up. Very worrying that.

Disgusted to be honest.  

Well that's quite an assumption to make, infact you appear to be getting even more frustrated with your own fantasist assumptions.

No but in a progressive world/state which is making a huge effort everywhere in society to accept not just racial equality but male/female, sexual orientation equality too and i think articles posted like that serve no purpose other than to disrupt the progress of "equality".

Maybe you need to put the "Daily Mail" down from time to time pal. I don't like what your insinuating here and find your post totally unacceptable.

Wow. I thought I'd just misunderstood the term 'racial fantasist', but no, you really meant it how I hoped you hadn't meant it.

You know how big 'racial issues' were back then do you? Are you retired black footballer from the 70's who had a white girlfriend and was abused for it? Do you get death threats because of the colour of your skin? I think I'm more likely to believe Rosenior than you. 

I know exactly how these issues were rampant in the 70's but that the clue there... the 70's. 50 years on almost in 2017 we are a civilised society embracing and welcoming of all backgrounds. The article serves no purpose to today's free and open society. 

Being creative with the past to suit a different era in the modern culture is personally what i'm against especially when instances happened like that in every walk of life not just football but strange only in football does it get an airing today.

There is a reason why it's consigned to the past and that is called progress within society what has educated people, become tolerant and accepting and everything else to make today better than what it was like in the "70"s. Suggest your a little out of touch with today and don't have the luxury of living in a modern enviornment.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Well that's quite an assumption to make, infact you appear to be getting even more frustrated with your own fantasist assumptions.

No but in a progressive world/state which is making a huge effort everywhere in society to accept not just racial equality but male/female, sexual orientation equality too and i think articles posted like that serve no purpose other than to disrupt the progress of "equality".

Maybe you need to put the "Daily Mail" down from time to time pal. I don't like what your insinuating here and find your post totally unacceptable.

I know exactly how these issues were rampant in the 70's but that the clue there... the 70's. 50 years on almost in 2017 we are a civilised society embracing and welcoming of all backgrounds. The article serves no purpose to today's free society. 

You didn't answer the questions I put to you.

Why would you know more than a black footballer what it was like to be a black footballer? How is Leroy Rosenior a racial 'fantasist'? You had a rant about Campbell but never explained why Leroy was a 'fantasist'

You didn't answer the questions I put to you.

Why would you know more than a black footballer what it was like to be a black footballer? How is Leroy Rosenior a racial 'fantasist'? You had a rant about Campbell but never explained why Leroy was a 'fantasist'

Leroy is another who plays the race card when things have never gone for him, shame he's an excellent pundit but was a crap manager at a few clubs which evidently is the reason he is no longer a manager.  > http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/http://www.devonlive.com/former-torquay-manager-leroy-rosenior-claims-being-black-cost-him-bristol-city-job/story-30192065-detail/story.html

You came out with that much blueboy i apologise for not answering all your questions whilst you tried your level best to instigate almost hate based heated arguments. 

I'm off out with the family but enjoy the rest of the argument in your mind.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I know exactly how these issues were rampant in the 70's but that the clue there... the 70's. 50 years on almost in 2017 we are a civilised society embracing and welcoming of all backgrounds. The article serves no purpose to today's free and open society. 

Being creative with the past to suit a different era in the modern culture is personally what i'm against especially when instances happened like that in every walk of life not just football but strange only in football does it get an airing today.

There is a reason why it's consigned to the past and that is called progress within society what has educated people, become tolerant and accepting and everything else to make today better than what it was like in the "70"s. Suggest your a little out of touch with today and don't have the luxury of living in a modern enviornment.

I noticed you changed the original drivel you wrote about the article not having any place in a 'free society'. Do you know how stupid that makes you sound. In a non-free society articles like the one I posted wouldn't be allowed. 

It's funny being called 'out of touch' by a bloke who calls players who suffered racial abuse 'racial fantasists'. You need to give your head a serious wobble, and that's being kind. 

I noticed you changed the original drivel you wrote about the article not having any place in a 'free society'. Do you know how stupid that makes you sound. In a non-free society articles like the one I posted wouldn't be allowed. 

It's funny being called 'out of touch' by a bloke who calls players who suffered racial abuse 'racial fantasists'. You need to give your head a serious wobble, and that's being kind. 

I edited the initial post before you even replied. Not that it was edited much. It doesn't in a free society what is very accepting of all backgrounds,50 years on from the facts you are reporting and the article is detailing do you think that's a fair reflection of the great people in this country today? I don't. So stop trying to put a "Spin" on something what isn't there.

"Racial Fantasist" Two examples of what i have explained in detail, the two people who purport they were never given opportunities in the last 5 years because of there skin colour when in fact it's more down the a lack of experience, qualifications etc ... that makes a racial fantasist to me, YOU seemed to almost accept what i said on Sol Campbell.

Idiot.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Leroy is another who plays the race card when things have never gone for him, shame he's an excellent pundit but was a crap manager at a few clubs which evidently is the reason he is no longer a manager.  > http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/http://www.devonlive.com/former-torquay-manager-leroy-rosenior-claims-being-black-cost-him-bristol-city-job/story-30192065-detail/story.html

You came out with that much blueboy i apologise for not answering all your questions whilst you tried your level best to instigate almost hate based heated arguments. 

I'm off out with the family but enjoy the rest of the argument in your mind.

Remember who started this fella by using the term  'racial fantasist'. I'd expect that kind of shyte on a forum for right-wing extremists. Have a think about that. 

All i did was post an article I thought was vaguely interesting and mentioned one of our old players.  And you say I'm hate-filled. 

As for the article, you have unsurprisingly misrepresented what he said:-

Rosenior was put in caretaker charge of City after Pulis' departure, along with Fawthrop and David Burnside. They led the club to ninth place in the then second division, before Fawthrop got the job permanently.

In his book, entitled its Only Banter, Rosenior said:

"It was a frustrating time. The three managers was something that wasn't going to work long-term but I was actually hopeful of getting the job permanently. When Tony got it I was gutted. Tony had never got a coaching badge, let alone played the game He was a fixer, a handyman around the club and so to be overlooked.
I was fuming. It was an eye-opener. You can't help but analyse things after that sort of rejection and I couldn't help but wonder, if I had been a white former player who knew so much about the club, would I have got the job?"Rosenior added: "I'm afraid to say the answer seemed to me, to be a resounding yes. As it turned out, Tony was involved in a business scandal and didn't last long in the job, just a matter of weeks in fact  Once again I didn't get the job, but this time it was easier to take as I missed out to Danny Wilson, a proper football man, who was clearly qualified for the position."

The last sentence is the key one. Not much 'racial fantasy' there. He's saying the white manager who got the job 2nd time around was better qualified than him. The white man who got the first job wasn't. He hadn't even have his badges.

You're either stupid or much worse. Please stop projecting your own prejudices on to articles I post in good faith. 

Dunnfc I think your being very harsh on somebody who clearly suffered in a extremely racist era. However the Sol Campbell's of this world do nothing to help the situation. He did play the race card and I completely understand what your saying about him but to put rosenier in the same bracket is way off I'm afraid

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I edited the initial post before you even replied. Not that it was edited much. It doesn't in a free society what is very accepting of all backgrounds,50 years on from the facts you are reporting and the article is detailing do you think that's a fair reflection of the great people in this country today? I don't. So stop trying to put a "Spin" on something what isn't there.

"Racial Fantasist" Two examples of what i have explained in detail, the two people who purport they were never given opportunities in the last 5 years because of there skin colour when in fact it's more down the a lack of experience, qualifications etc ... that makes a racial fantasist to me, YOU seemed to almost accept what i said on Sol Campbell.

Idiot.

I didn't accept it, I just didn't bring it up. I wanted to know why you called Rosenior a 'racial fantasist'. You have now provided 'evidence' and it totally contradicts your point.

You're much worse than an idiot. 

I didn't accept it, I just didn't bring it up. I wanted to know why you called Rosenior a 'racial fantasist'. You have now provided 'evidence' and it totally contradicts your point.

You're much worse than an idiot. 

No you were inciting/insinuating something else looking for a bite.

The same Tony Fawthorp who actually lasted as caretaker for five months just missing out on the playoffs before being given the job permanently in May, the same Tony by the looks of things what went back to an academy managers role until 2006 after starting his career at the club as a scout/co-ordinator. i don't believe he was ever convicted either in the end of the business problem. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Fawthrop's+bombshell+shocks+City.-a062364228 He is also now a scout cordinator at Everton so still in the game where as Leroy is where?

Hardly the case old Leroy Rosenior is painting out is it in that article. Who knows maybe "Tony" had a business arrangement with Bristol City. It defiantly doesn't appear to be race related in the slightest and comes across as a slant on this Tony Fawthorp. So it looks like to me a "race card" being played similar to the Ince debacle. 

Perhaps ready for a re-think blueboy and an apology to me for what your were implying earlier?

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 2

Just now, Dunnfc said:

No you were inciting/insinuating something else looking for a bite.

The same Tony Fawthorp who actually lasted as caretaker for five months just missing out on the playoffs before being given the job permanently in May, the same Tony by the looks of things what went back to an academy managers role until 2006 after starting his career at the club as a scout/co-ordinator. i don't believe he was ever convicted either in the end of the business problem. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Fawthrop's+bombshell+shocks+City.-a062364228 He is also now a scout cordinator at Everton so still in the game where as Leroy is where?

Hardly the case old Leroy Rosenior is painting out is it in that article. Who knows maybe "Tony" had a business arrangement with Bristol City. It defiantly doesn't appear to be race related in the slightest and comes across as a slant on this Tony Fawthorp. So it looks like to me a "race card" being played similar to the Ince debacle. 

Perhaps ready for a re-think blueboy and an apology to me for what your were implying earlier?

Oh dear. Read the earlier link you provided. It says that Fawthorp, David Burnside and Rosenior were in joint caretaker charge of Bristol City for 5 months. At the end of that period Fawthorp got the job even though he didn't have his badges. That is the situation Rosenior is describing in his book. He then goes on to say Fawthorp didn't last long which you are now trying to refute...and failing badly. Fawthorp only lasted 20 days when he was in charge on his own before resigning due to having business interests in some dodgy second-hand car dealership. So Rosenior is right when he said 'only a few weeks'. 

Here's a link:

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Fawthrop's+bombshell+shocks+City.-a062364228

I'd give it up as you just keep digging yourself even deeper. 

As for an apology! :lol: For you calling someone who put up with horrific racial insults and abuse a 'racial fantasist' even though you have absolutely nothing to back your racial slur up with? Dear God. And I'm the one 'looking for a bite'? I'll leave you to it. You're a wrong 'un.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 1:49 PM, blueboy3333 said:

Oh dear. Read the earlier link you provided. It says that Fawthorp, David Burnside and Rosenior were in joint caretaker charge of Bristol City for 5 months. At the end of that period Fawthorp got the job even though he didn't have his badges. That is the situation Rosenior is describing in his book. He then goes on to say Fawthorp didn't last long which you are now trying to refute...and failing badly. Fawthorp only lasted 20 days when he was in charge on his own before resigning due to having business interests in some dodgy second-hand car dealership. So Rosenior is right when he said 'only a few weeks'. 

Here's a link:

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Fawthrop's+bombshell+shocks+City.-a062364228

I'd give it up as you just keep digging yourself even deeper. 

As for an apology! :lol: For you calling someone who put up with horrific racial insults and abuse a 'racial fantasist' even though you have absolutely nothing to back your racial slur up with? Dear God. And I'm the one 'looking for a bite'? I'll leave you to it. You're a wrong 'un.

Oh dear... You don't appear to be learning.

The link i provided was indicative as given its placing in the position of my post referencing the vehicle company claim, i.e the details of that were the alleged "Business Scandal" which turned out to be not very much of a scandal did it Blueboy?  In fact you've reaffirmed that by posting the same link what i posted after; by suggesting "Here's a link" have you not?

Interesting you denote the three caretakers, i don't remember abstaining the other two (Leroy & David) they took part in that set-up either blueboy? For your reference though David Burnside a white man also played for Bristol City and had a playing career so here we are with some of Leroy's claims that he played for bristol so knew the club, check Furnside, then it wen't to Fawthorp whom indeed had a record before and then even after at the same club in football  but didn't play and went on in football at other disciplines/clubs? I fail to see how race still had anything to do with it given all three clearly had a connection in some quartet with the club and as a neutral surely they were on a level par to begin with, before Leroy's almighty exploits with Gloucester?

In the earlier link i quoted which you later repeat this concerning his book, he gives the quote in the article;

He added: "When Tony got it I was gutted. Tony had never got a coaching badge, let alone played the game. He was a fixer, a handyman around the club and so to be overlooked was a blow.
Read more at http://www.devonlive.com/former-torquay-manager-leroy-rosenior-claims-being-black-cost-him-bristol-city-job/story-30192065-detail/story.html#Q0cZaooaZ8EXvhmJ.99

Ok so We've distinguished Tony Fawthorp before and after was much more than a "fixer" as suggested by "Leroy" and that the other caretaker on level par at the time as "Caretaker" had a career also playing football and briefly at Bristol City the club actually in question. Given not just Rosenior and presumably David Burnside also got over looked a second time can we safely assume the appointment of Danny Wilson and the other manager "Tony" was based on perceived ability and totally noting to do with race? I mean Leroy's son Liam Rosenior was even starting his career around the same time at Bristol city as Leroy was about, maybe they wanted to avoid claims of potential nepotism? What would have happened if "Dave" got the permanent  job would Leroy still be aggrieved that it went to Dave because he had a handful of games and wasn't a particular race? Given Leroy is ridiculed in 2006 to this day on Brentford forums because of similar claims i suspect so and like Gregg you can feel free to disagree with my opinion.

I requested an apology due to the damming imaginative mind of your's displayed below of which i couldn't possibly look to have dreamt unless disturbed severely, it goes along the lines of this and anyone half reading would have been at danger of taking this ridiculous "fantasy" post by you as being gospel, especially when you appear to be answering your own imagination as in bold. As for your comment of "racial slur" perhaps you can point me either in black and white or your imaginative mind where this happened because it certainly wasn't on BRFCS and i'd like to know if you wish to retract that statement? 

On 3/25/2017 at 11:53 AM, blueboy3333 said:

Disgusted to be honest.  

BUT then again I've just reviewed your post history and you've form for antagonizing people in a unique posting style;

blueboy3333 replied to Stuart's topic in Football Messageboard

empty room. argument. you.

blueboy3333 replied to duggy9197's topic in Football Messageboard

From children crying in despair to guaranteed relegation. It's been a drama-filled day for you.

blueboy3333 replied to Gary Paul's topic in Football Messageboard

But, but, but...you've been here years. Boom Tish

blueboy3333 replied to preston blue's topic in Football Messageboard

You drop more names than Steele drops crosses. It must have made it quite a night when Joao knocked in the equalizer

blueboy3333 replied to duggy9197's topic in Football Messageboard

You're a brave man from behind your keyboard. Do you mean the debate that is you calling someone a WUM for suggesting that next season, if managed correctly, could be better than this. You called that 'outlandish'. It's 'dog whistle' posts like that that add nothing to any debate. Asking for him to be banned the other day was just pathetic. Time to grow up lad and accept alternative views, rather than being whiny and unpleasant when someone posts something you disagree with. You have form for this.

You'd be the type who'd wave an imaginary red card at the ref if you were playing.

blueboy3333 replied to NinjaTattoo's topic in Football Messageboard

Ah, I see. Bloody princess. Good riddance.

Unfortunately, yes. I'm sure you're chums with him. You seem very alike.

I know, sob. One day I want to be dead interesting like you and praise myself for my 'well received' and 'thought out' posts.

Then you have on this page of the thread admitting to almost trying to provoke/trap me.

On 3/25/2017 at 11:38 AM, blueboy3333 said:

Please explain?

On 3/25/2017 at 11:53 AM, blueboy3333 said:

I'll leave it there as I think your going or trying to be mod? 

PM me and we will discuss further, no point in you backing up threads. 

DunnFc.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 4

Jeez, a bit stalker-ish that Dunny lad.:lol: 

8 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I fail to see how race still had anything to do with it given all three clearly had a connection in some quartet with the club and as a neutral surely they were on a level par to begin with,

You wouldn't. Leroy had his coaching badges, Fawthorpe didn't. That was explained to you earlier. Keep digging. 

The link i provided was indicative as given its placing in the position of my post referencing the vehicle company claim, i.e the details of that were the alleged "Business Scandal" which turned out to be not very much of a scandal did it Blueboy?  In fact you've reaffirmed that by posting the same link what i posted after; by suggesting "Here's a link" have you not?

Eh?  The 'business scandal' is not the issue, the issue was he lasted 20 days as sole manager which you said didn't happen. It did. You were wrong, and this totally discredited your argument that Fawthorpe was there 5 months on his own. Which he wasn't. Keep digging.

can we safely assume the appointment of Danny Wilson and the other manager "Tony" was based on perceived ability and totally noting to do with race?

Danny Wilson had his badges and was more qualified than Rosenior. Rosenior admitted this. This has already been explained previously in this thread.

I requested an apology due to the damming imaginative mind of your's displayed below of which i couldn't possibly look to have dreamt unless disturbed severely, it goes along the lines of this and anyone half reading would have been at danger of taking this ridiculous "fantasy" post by you as being gospel, especially when you appear to be answering your own imagination as in bold. As for your comment of "racial slur" perhaps you can point me either in black and white or your imaginative mind where this happened because it certainly wasn't on BRFCS and i'd like to know if you wish to retract that statement? 

The last thing I will be doing is retracting that statement. Just so we are clear:-

YOU CALLED ROSENIOR, A BLACK MAN, A 'RACIAL FANTASIST'. THAT, BY DEFINITION, IS A RACIAL SLUR.

The fact you can't even see that is very worrying.

You have provided absolutely nothing to justify that slur, despite being asked. I think you may have some issues. 

All you need to do is retract your comment and admit it was based on ignorance. If you delete your post I will delete it's contents from my replies. 

I don't think you're a racist by the way, I just think you're very ignorant and perhaps not the brightest. The confused and rambling nature of your posts in this thread seem to back up that theory.

Edited by blueboy3333

Blueboy, it is perfectly possible for anyone of any race to "play the race card", I actually thought Ince did when Rovers sacked him. The press took it up with gusto as well to make us look bad.

Surely you'd agree we had to sack him because he was crap and we'd have gone down if we'd kept him? If Rovers were racist we never would have appointed him in the first place?

I don't offer an opinion on Rosenior because I don"t know enough about him but it isn't automatically racist to make the comment as you should be able to see from the example I gave above.

On Sat Mar 25 2017 at 11:42 AM, Dunnfc said:

Love nothing more than being creative with the past and painting racial issues out whilst ensuring they get plenty of airing in a modern culture what is totally designed to encourage "equality" these guys don't help "equality" with flashbacks too the past.

Sol campbell is quite an intelligent guy off the pitch. Had about 10 gcse's or something

Went to Witton Albion 2 AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0 last night. Hard fought three points with R & D being a bigger set of lads and not a bad team to be honest. Witton relaxed a bit in the second half and started to play some decent football and after 70 mins got their second goal which made the game safe. Witton second in the league, three points behind the leaders with a game in hand. Virtually guaranteed a play off place but with three home games coming up, let's hope they can go up automatically. R & D are a Phoenix club with the original club folding circa 2011 presumably due to financial matters.

• Like 1

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Went to Witton Albion 2 AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0 last night. Hard fought three points with R & D being a bigger set of lads and not a bad team to be honest. Witton relaxed a bit in the second half and started to play some decent football and after 70 mins got their second goal which made the game safe. Witton second in the league, three points behind the leaders with a game in hand. Virtually guaranteed a play off place but with three home games coming up, let's hope they can go up automatically. R & D are a Phoenix club with the original club folding circa 2011 presumably due to financial matters.

Always been intrigued by rushden they had a good team at one point with Lee Tomlin, Simeon Jackson, Adam Drury and a half decent newish stadium which has now just been demolished.

Max Grigg ex Doc Martins owner owned them, then spun it of to the fans with a million quod but the losses just kept adding up.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

Another hard fought win by Witton Albion this afternoon, 3-2 at home to Chasetown, att 345. Albion are now one point behind the league leaders with a game in hand, seven games to go. The fourth game I have been to this season and I am now calling them Albion instead of Witton. You know what that means.

• 4 weeks later...

Did nobody watch the Classico? If you didn't, I made this video to remind you all of who is actually King, besides Tugay. Real Madrid might have knocked down Rocky, I mean Messi, but he got up again :);)

Edited by Iceman