BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

https://youtu.be/ZsSfk6c1ZXs

Don't know if anyone has heard anything about this. 

Cska fans start new club and fans split in half arguing who is the real rovers sorry cska. As well as ludogrets trying to buy cska's image  rights and club crest so they can prosper and dominate Russian football. 

Buying the club badge and image rights so another team can prosper is extremely low and should never be allowed to happen. Good job their fans are not really ones to upset and are well organised and fight for what is rightfully theirs

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else think that referees have been told to create a controversial moment by allowing something like this? Just the kind of thing to get people talking about a competition that, with the best will in the world, will be largely ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

Witton Albion 0 Burnley U23s 1 Att 120

Quite an entertaining game despite there being only one shot on target in the entire ninety minutes. Witton were easily the better side in the first half, coming close on a couple of occasions but without testing Burnley's keeper. Burnley scored against the run in play with their first effort of note on the stroke of half time. Whilst Witton had a few half chances in the second half, one that beat the keeper but flew inches wide, the Young Dingles got stronger as the game wore on and had the better of that half. A draw would have been a true reflection of the game. 

I suspect Burnley's Northern Irish keeper is a decent player. He wasn't tested but had a presence about him, barking instructions out continually and organising from the back. Their left winger Micah somebody or other was tricky and their motm but no one else shone out. If those players were a reflection of their academy's development, it's not doing too well. Not many Buenlah accents around, on or off the pitch.

On 15/07/2017 at 11:21, Stuart said:

Anyone else think that referees have been told to create a controversial moment by allowing something like this? Just the kind of thing to get people talking about a competition that, with the best will in the world, will be largely ignored.

There was an English assistant referee on the opposite line with a foreign referee in the middle and another nationally on the other line, plus a fourth official of a different origin again. There was a communication problem between all the officials due to language issues on the day, all the team was summoned before FIFA after this game to explain themselves then they where immediately relieved of their duties and sent home allegedly. 

Edited by JAL

Neymar set to join PSG for a world record £196m paid upfront - the minimum release fee in his contract. Announced today because his father (yes you read that right) was due a payment of €25m for his son's loyalty to Barcelona on August 1st. 

Barcelona are complaining to UEFA its a breach of Financial Fair Play. The President of La Liga is threatening to sue.

Incredible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Neymar set to join PSG for a world record £196m paid upfront - the minimum release fee in his contract. Announced today because his father (yes you read that right) was due a payment of €25m for his son's loyalty to Barcelona on August 1st. 

Barcelona are complaining to UEFA its a breach of Financial Fair Play. The President of La Liga is threatening to sue.

Incredible. 

Yep on top of the money his papa got from santos to Barcelona. Jerome could learn something here.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Incredible. 

What is incredible to me is that clubs are actually prepared to pay obscene amounts to these people. I harbour real hope that the whole thing implodes at the top level and some of the big clubs go to the wall. I read today that Neymar will earn £650k per week tax free. These ridiculous fees and wages are likely to increase year on year. How long before we have a player earning £1m per week?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I harbour real hope that the whole thing implodes at the top level and some of the big clubs go to the wall. I read today that Neymar will earn £650k per week tax free. 

The sooner it implodes, Tony, the better as far as I'm concerned. If Rovers somehow worked their way back to the top flight under this lot, I'm not sure I would bother going. Meanwhile, over at Witton Albion, the bucket gets passed round and a few coppers get thrown in...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The sooner it implodes, Tony, the better as far as I'm concerned. If Rovers somehow worked their way back to the top flight under this lot, I'm not sure I would bother going. Meanwhile, over at Witton Albion, the bucket gets passed round and a few coppers get thrown in...

I remember talking to an Accrington Stanley director a few years ago when they were playing at Macclesfield. I asked him about a young striker who seemed decent. He told me the player was on £120 per week basic and bonuses were only earned when he was in the first team. I always think of that young lad (I can't remember his name) when I see some of the fees and wages of today's players.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I remember talking to an Accrington Stanley director a few years ago when they were playing at Macclesfield. I asked him about a young striker who seemed decent. He told me the player was on £120 per week basic and bonuses were only earned when he was in the first team. I always think of that young lad (I can't remember his name) when I see some of the fees and wages of today's players.

A mate of mine helps out at Stanley. A couple of seasons ago, their wage structure was based on a maximum salary of £23k per annum for their top earners. I'm assuming that was basic and any bonuses were on top of that, although it wouldn't surprise me if that £23k figure was the absolute maximum that could be earned. I'm pretty sure they're the lowest payers in the entire league. Oh to be a Naymar!

The only football I watch is Rovers and generally only at Ewood.

No other football at all. Never on TV, never on the radio, never read the sports section. Nothing at all. My interest died years ago.

Why? See Neymar story. 

Simply put its disgusting. It doesn't need any fancy analysis. It's simply disgusting. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

The agents' fees of Mino Raoila, Neymar's wages(don't forget these will likely be a lot higher than he receives due to the high earners tax in France)/transfer fee and the other complete rubbish sideshow that you see in news media all over the gaff, these are the things that have really put me off. Rovers being absolute toilet is the best supporting actor.

'The beautiful game' has got the ugliest soul nowadays.

Edited by K-Hod

• Moderation Lead

Moncler has become the 'new Stone Island' if you will IMO. I've only got one item of Stone Island clothing, which is some jeans that my ex-girlfriend's brother gifted to me because he didn't want them any more. Luckily for him, I gratefully accepted them as it's great quality clothing that does go the distance in fairness.....

Good article that, though. The amount of North Face and Patagonia stuff you see around these days is nuts.

AAAAND, I've gone off topic!

Edited by K-Hod

• Moderation Lead

Ha, I find the casual culture quite interesting tbh. There was (maybe still is) a documentary about the casual movement on Netflix and features Darwen's very own Gary Aspden (brand manager or something like that at Adidas).

Edited by K-Hod