BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Gary Aspden brought out a Spezial range last year I think. He names a few after the area. His Adidas Hynburn were nice trainers.

Image result for adidas hyndburn       

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Ha, I find the casual culture quite interesting tbh.

Me too. We should start a thread. 'Match Day Clobber'. It's all a bit 'real ale' and 'techy' round these parts. We need a thread for the fashion-forward, young and beautiful people:)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Gary Aspden brought out a Spezial range last year I think. He names a few after the area. His Adidas Hynburn were nice trainers.

Image result for adidas hyndburn       

Me too. We should start a thread. 'Match Day Clobber'. It's all a bit 'real ale' and 'techy' round these parts. We need a thread for the fashion-forward, young and beautiful people:)

Nah Ellington Brogues preferably a Hudson pair.... stay classy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What language to the Belgium team speak when they are together? Training? Games? Team talks?

The national languages are Dutch and French. Head coach Roberto Martinez is Spanish, but has lived more of his life in England. His assistant is Thierry Henry, a native French speaker who has spent more time away from France than in it.

Most, if not all of the squad don't play in the Belgian league either.

I'm curious.

PSG is another one. There's not much native French in that dressing room.

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

What language to the Belgium team speak when they are together? Training? Games? Team talks?

The national languages are Dutch and French. Head coach Roberto Martinez is Spanish, but has lived more of his life in England. His assistant is Thierry Henry, a native French speaker who has spent more time away from France than in it.

I'm curious.

I don't know about their football team, but their women's basketball team is coached by a Belgian national and he coaches in English.

On 10/27/2017 at 14:00, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm curious.

The national languages are French and Flemish

5 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Flemish is Dutch.

An equivalent would be what American English is to English.

Thank you for that. I'd imagine its either a mix of English and French or probably just English then. Think most people in Belgium speak decent English from a young age unlike places such as france.

What is it with French players kicking fans? Evra may have been racially abused but he could have caused a riot. Imagine if Cantona kicked that guy at Millwall they probably would have burned the stadium down. Shame he didn't :D. Most people who are racially abused don't kick people he should have reported the alleged racism like a normal person. Marseille fans do have a racist reputation so I'm keeping an open mind on whether he's lying or not but its unacceptable. 

Edited by Vinjay17

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just seen it on the BBC news. The ref's eyes must be painted on.

In his 'defence' regarding the penalty decision - he was terrible all night, to both sides. That is the kindest thing I could muster of that referring performance. Not that we were particularly great for most of the game, but a real shame for Corry. It will be his defining career moment to the Northern Irish public, and he doesn't deserve that.

A massive, massive hill to climb now - in all honesty insurmountable. The slim positives; we can't play much worse than that, and perhaps that decision will have a galvanising effect. In reality, the tie is dead in the water. But despite that, from a pool of around 30 professional players to select from, Michael O'Neill has preformed miracles, and will be moving on to some exciting things in the near future either way.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That was not just a poor decision. It was as bent as a 9 bob note. I am heartily sick of this reoccuring theme.

Mrs. Evans... well said lass. Loyal and honest in her opinion.

Totally agree about the decision. It was beyond incompetent. Not sure how it could've been a mistake. 

Totally disagree with Mrs Evans. You can't say that sort of stuff; it's racist, derogatory, and has sod all to do with football and the decision. It's beyond staggering that as well as bringing ethnicity into it, she throws in about refugees which is a pretty sensitive and serious situation. (Again what has that got to do with football???) Like footballers it seems that WAGs should be off social media as they speak/tweet before they think.