BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

https://www.hindustantimes.com/football/cristiano-ronaldo-has-a-body-of-a-20-year-old-according-to-juventus-medical-results-report/story-7GKgpTrspuEM7MIrbxp5gI.html

The body of a 20 year old. ?

I suspect Rooney probably has the body of a 45 year old. And what about our David Dunn . . . probably had 'the body of a 40 year old' at 30.

Fitness is half the fight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/08/2018 at 14:15, speeeeeeedie said:

Another one for those foretelling the death of football; La Liga games in the USA

...while it's nonsense (this isn't the 39th game thing which the EPL have considered but taking away Girona's home fixture v Barcelona) the reaction compared to FUP has annoyed me. The latter is far worse and there ought to be an outpouring of nothing but sympathy for the clubs who have suffered from that. Including Rovers I might add who for another obvious reason (certainly the fans since we can't exactly guarantee the club's co-operation) should be at the forefront of opposing FUP.

Edited by Vinjay17

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Usain Bolt scored 2 for the Central Coast Mariners in a pre season game; Bolt scores 2

Is it a marketing stunt or a genuine opportunity?

It is interesting. He is football mad, but spent the last 15 years running. Imagine having to mark him though? 6'5" and the quickest ever.

Who was the British sprinter who was on trial at Wigan (I think) years ago?

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Usain Bolt scored 2 for the Central Coast Mariners in a pre season game; Bolt scores 2

It is interesting. He is football mad, but spent the last 15 years running. Imagine having to mark him though? 6'5" and the quickest ever.

Ya, it's very interesting. You would think the absolute freak athletic ability would make him a nightmare to mark. Play to his strengths! If Big Sam was still here... :)

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

He has been training with them since late August, watched an interview with him the other week and he seems very grounded . Knows that chances of getting a contract with them are not high but giving it his best shot. Also interviewed the CCM coach who basically said if he doesnt come up to scratch won't get a contract. Both seemed fairly happy with the situation and how its going.

A league starts next week so be interesting to see if they sign him on considering there is only limited spots for Marquee and overseas players in A League Teams. Mike Phelan former Man U is their new Football Director so he is the one who is apparently overseeing Bolts trial with the club

Edited by perthblue02

Went to watch Witton Albion today in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup. They were playing Solihull Moors of the National League, managed by none other than Tim Flowers. Witton have settled in nicely to the Northern Premier League (level 7) since their promotion a couple of seasons back but today was men against boys. Solihull were a big side, not big lumps but big, fit lads and Witton never really had a sniff. Just two or three half-chances and that was it. They held out until part way through the second half but ended up losing 2-0. The attendance was 600 odd which is roughly double the norm. Good to see Tim Flowers, still a big lad and gone grey now, quiet in the first half but barking out instructions constantly in the second.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a shout-out to footy fans (those that can drag themselves away from Strictly)..... The first leg of the Copa Libertadores is on at 8pm tonight.

Apparently (as well as BT Sport) it's live on freesports (a freeview channel).

Boca Juniors v River Plate (bitter rivals from Buenos Aires). I guess it's the equivalent of say . . Rovers playing Burnley in the Champions League Final.

Edited by Husky

9 minutes ago, Husky said:

Just a shout-out to footy fans (those that can drag themselves away from Strictly)..... The first leg of the Copa Libertadores is on at 8pm tonight.

Apparently (as well as BT Sport) it's live on freesports (a freeview channel).

Boca Juniors v River Plate (bitter rivals from Buenos Aires). I guess it's the equivalent of say . . Rovers playing Burnley in the Champions League Final.

Looking in doubt at the moment though with torrential rain in Buenos Aires.