BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

• 2 weeks later...

Several Boca players had bad cuts to their face. Maybe a few of the River Plate fans could get into UKIP as some sort of 'Falklands advisor'. They don't mind a bit of football factory nonsense in their ranks.

To get back on topic, if I had the power, I'd just award the standard 3-0 win to Boca, band River Plate from continental competition for 5 years at least. This sort of thing is tolerated a lot more over there than here, as in Western Europe though that may change with the world's march towards Fascism.

These 2 teams have a LOT of previous (including some kind of pepper spray incident a few years back). With that it mind you would have thought that riding in on a massively obvious team bus whilst some of their team/entourage bang on the windows in an obvious wind-up attempt might not be the most intelligent thing to do.,

When I was in BA on business I was taken to see Boca play Newell’s Old Boys at La Bombonera. The policing getting to the ground was like nothing I have ever experienced: riot police, dogs, kettled in groups being passed to the next one when that had cleared. And we were in the expensive seats! Inside the ground, every square inch of steps and walkways was filled with fans who had climbed in and who spent most of the game facing away from the pitch stirring up a chanting that lasted  the whole game. When Maradona appeared in his box the place went bonkers. And that was for a standard league game with only 3 points at stake, so God knows what it’s been like in the build up to these two games.

• 3 weeks later...

Did everyone just get bored of it in the end (like Brexit)?

It was eventually played in Madrid on Sunday with River Plate winning 3-1 AET. They basically took over in extra time after Boca Juniors had a player controversially sent off.

Then there were the usual celebrations/riots back in Buenos Aires. ?

Edited by Husky

• 4 weeks later...

May he rest in peace, he suffered as a cancer-related disease took his life. I thought I heard something about brain cancer. I wonder why sometimes, others have to suffer like this. Sad day.

1 hour ago, Audax said:

May he rest in peace, he suffered as a cancer-related disease took his life. I thought I heard something about brain cancer. I wonder why sometimes, others have to suffer like this. Sad day.

Real shame, I liked him as a player but on the back of that, here's some better (not great because of the necessity of it) news.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-take-a-bow-kuba-blaszczykowski-to-join-boyhood-club-wisla-krakow-without-a-wage-20190113

Edited by DeeCee

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Henri sacked by Monaco

Oh dear. Never mind, Sky will have him back as an 'expert' to go into their stable of failed managers or the ones that didn't have the bottle to at least try it. And on big bucks too.

• 2 weeks later...