BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

And add in a little VAR - which has given those in the shadows another tool to be able to selectively fix matches......

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48671182

Who knows where this will end? This has to now be enforced on EVERY single penalty or we're on a very slippery slope . . Though I'm not sure why the player encroachment law seems not to have been enforced with the same vigour.

Then again, sport is more about betting these days, so......

Edited by Husky

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-michel-platini-arrested-amid-16535358

Hopefully the investigation filters through to the national federations too.

Platini was one of the best players I ever saw. He is now tarnished and gets what he deserves if he is found guilty. If anything is proved I wonder if they could take the World Cup away from Quatar?

Hopefully the cretin gets what he deserves and that's just for FUP alone.

5 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The FBI were investigating the whole shambles, yet I've not seen much lately on progress. Platini, Blatter, bin Hamman, Chuck Blazer, Jack Warner, and others were knee deep in it all.

If it was basketball they'd all be in clink.  No question

Brazil had 3 goals dissalowed by VAR in a game last night. Each goal was dissalowed due to a percieved foul or handball earlier in the build up.  Whilst technically each decision may be correct, surely this kind of thing is bad for the game as a spectacle. It seems fouls are being given with no pragmatic approach from the officials and every goal is subject to review. I thought VAR was supposed to only come in if a clear and obvious offense had been missed....doesnt seem to be reality. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/brazil-vs-venezuela/report/405635

2 hours ago, benhben said:

Brazil had 3 goals dissalowed by VAR in a game last night. Each goal was dissalowed due to a percieved foul or handball earlier in the build up.  Whilst technically each decision may be correct, surely this kind of thing is bad for the game as a spectacle. It seems fouls are being given with no pragmatic approach from the officials and every goal is subject to review. I thought VAR was supposed to only come in if a clear and obvious offense had been missed....doesnt seem to be reality. 

I didn't see any of them but the VAR will have decided there has been a clear and obvious error. Football with VAR is in real danger of becoming too sterile with no body contact. I think the Premier League are in for a real shock next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, benhben said:

I didn't see it, but the lads at work were discussing it today. Sounded crazy and no, definitely not good for the flow of a game 

They will need to bring a rule that VAR only goes back 30 seconds before a goal 

Never liked VAR, never will, no matter how much people tell me how it eliminates wrong decisions. Wrong decisions still occur anyway except now it takes 5 minutes for these mistakes to be made instead. Its just ruining games from a spectators view, ruining the flow of a game and game winning moments are not able to be celebrated in real time anymore.

• Like 2

I think VAR technology is being badly exploited - in every sense of the word.

Decisions need to be much faster. Offsides should be done by a form of Hawkeye and me ave the the officials to worry about handball or subjective fouls. If a fouls isn’t spotted in the build up, it’s tough, the ref should be marked accordingly by the assessor. Referees are using it as a crutch.

What I strongly object to is every incident in the build up to every goal being re-refereed.

Football will lose the excitement if it continues in the current vein.

Is it yet possible to bet on the outcome of a VAR decision? In Stadium betting would at least give the fans something to do whilst waiting the 2 or 3 or longer minutes or however long it takes the officials to get their bets on. I'm joking of course! I think .....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Is it yet possible to bet on the outcome of a VAR decision? In Stadium betting would at least give the fans something to do whilst waiting the 2 or 3 or longer minutes or however long it takes the officials to get their bets on. I'm joking of course! I think .....

Your joke = ££££££££ signs for Paddy Power. I would say it is only a matter of time, if it isn't possible already 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Is it yet possible to bet on the outcome of a VAR decision? In Stadium betting would at least give the fans something to do whilst waiting the 2 or 3 or longer minutes or however long it takes the officials to get their bets on.

Perhaps you've been in Asia too long? ?

• Like 1

Fernando Torres announced his retirement today. It's strange to say this about someone who won everything but injuries robbed him of quite a few good years.

I would have signed him instead of Ronaldo in 2008. I thought he was that good.

He scored a belter for Liverpool against Rovers at Anfield. Both centre halves and the keeper had no idea where the ball was until it was in the back of the net.

17 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Fernando Torres announced his retirement today. It's strange to say this about someone who won everything but injuries robbed him of quite a few good years.

I would have signed him instead of Ronaldo in 2008. I thought he was that good.

He scored a belter for Liverpool against Rovers at Anfield. Both centre halves and the keeper had no idea where the ball was until it was in the back of the net.

Was unplayable on his day at Liverpool - Chelsea though, completely different story.

• Like 1

Uruguay beat Chile 1-0 in the Copa America last night.

Suarez pulled a couple of Suarez like stunts during the game.

He tried to round the keeper and cross it. The keeper blocked the ball with his arm, and went out for a corner. Suarez appealed for handball.

A protester ran onto the pitch. A Chile defender ran after him and tripped him up. Suarez appealed for a foul.

If I can find a video I'll post it.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

On 25/06/2019 at 14:52, speeeeeeedie said:

Uruguay beat Chile 1-0 in the Copa America last night.

Suarez pulled a couple of Suarez like stunts during the game.

He tried to round the keeper and cross it. The keeper blocked the ball with his arm, and went out for a corner. Suarez appealed for handball.

A protester ran onto the pitch. A Chile defender ran after him and tripped him up. Suarez appealed for a foul.

If I can find a video I'll post it.

Hillarious. He lost his mind 

After hearing a lot of talk in the press (main news rather than sports section) about it all, I’ve flicked over to catch some of the Women’s World Cup Final.

For this level, the standard is utterly embarrassing. It’s like walking football at times and the passing and control is something you’d see in grassroots. I keep hearing this term: equal pay? Equal to what, a League Two apprentice? Because if they want the same as their male counterparts (internationals), without any increase in the commercial revenue (gates, sponsorship, transfers) then there’s an argument than all men playing professional football should be paid the same too - that’s how daft an argument it is.

If this is is the pinnacle of the women’s game then it still has a long way to go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-legend-graeme-souness-blasts-17484032

Some straight talking from Souness with a reference to Yorke. I agree with a lot of what he says about the modern game and many people in it.

Interesting article. On one side he is bemoaning the lack of character in todays game. On the other he comes across as a "it was better in my day" type.

Most on here like Souness so will give him a pass. 

As a side, does anyone else find the Mirror website annoying? I rarely read any articles on there as it takes weeks to load. I'm on a PC too.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

20 hours ago, Stuart said:

After hearing a lot of talk in the press (main news rather than sports section) about it all, I’ve flicked over to catch some of the Women’s World Cup Final.

For this level, the standard is utterly embarrassing. It’s like walking football at times and the passing and control is something you’d see in grassroots. I keep hearing this term: equal pay? Equal to what, a League Two apprentice? Because if they want the same as their male counterparts (internationals), without any increase in the commercial revenue (gates, sponsorship, transfers) then there’s an argument than all men playing professional football should be paid the same too - that’s how daft an argument it is.

If this is is the pinnacle of the women’s game then it still has a long way to go.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/ 

The world champions lost 5-2 to Dallas under 15 boys. Not the first time this has happened either. The Australians got an even worse beating off an under 15 boys team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609949/Matildas-lose-7-0-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html