BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51350811

A really bizarre situation arising from VAR in Spain. I found it quite funny that they had to get him from the changing room after his wrongful red card. Significantly this was in the Spanish Second Division. VAR in all its splendor will be in the Championship soon.

His stats are unremarkable really in the last few years. Had an underwhelming spell in Russia too. He is playing at the highest level to be fair, always felt like the type of player who was capable of the spectacular and would contribute with a few goals and assists, usually really good strikes but was inconsistent and at times unreliable. Easy on the eye and I think his background at Barcelona helped to make him a real fans favourite. Very few of our players post Venkys have gone on to play regularly at a similar top level, Josh King, Shane Duffy being the stand out 2.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Spanish football is beyond bent , Griezmann messi faty not enough for that poxy league not to mention two recallable internationals on loan , they are granted an emergency signing from struggling Leganés who in turn are not allowed an emergency loan . 

will messi ever have the balls to play outside of Spain ?

Agree with the first part. Why the unnecessary dig at Messi? The only bloke who needs to leave is that rat Bartomeu.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Apparently euro 2020 under threat because of coronavirus

I would say they have no idea about that yet as the news changes every day. Hopefully the Premier league gets called off anyway and no trophy for Liverpool ? 

Ireland are playing Italy in the rugby in a fortnight and the government want it called off, but the IRFU are saying no. It should be called off, but I reckon Italian fans would travel over regardless 

• Like 1

Bayern fans unveil banner calling Hoffenheim's benefactor a "son of a bitch" and referee takes players off the pitch. Apparently Dortmund fans have done similar obviously happy at selling their best players to Bayern whenever they show an interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/29/bayern-much-fans-banners-dietmar-hopp-farcical-finish-bundesliga-hoffenheim?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Just now, philipl said:

Parma! Will be a while before Palermo are back in Serie A.

If it does get postponed surely the whole league will have to get postponed too...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I remember watching the 2018 bid ceremony live and being very annoyed. It looked like a fit up then, and so has been proven.

This New York Times article also covers it as well as naming 3 FIFA execs charged with accepting bribes. 2 are dead, and one is safe in Brazil as they have no extradition treaty with the USA (do they have one with anybody?).

FIFA execs charged too

It also says that Jack Warner is still fighting his extradition to the USA from T&T. I'm pretty sure that if the US government wanted to they could put the screws to the T&T authorities and get Warner. I hope that they get him as he rode roughshod over a lot of people. It was amazing that a person from such a small place had so much power.

Did the 1 country 1 vote system at FIFA ever get changed? I know that it evokes lots of emotion, and shades of colonialism from the bigger world economies but it is one way to make the system fairer.

• Like 1

Football is still going on in Belarus, and Dinamo Minsk have made cut-outs of people who have bought virtual online tickets, put a shirt and scarf on each, and stuck the cut-out in the stand:

I'm more interested in the Rovers shirt, the style and sponsor don't match any I remember...

93116132_10158787306510982_662644386403713024_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Dreyski said:

Football is still going on in Belarus, and Dinamo Minsk have made cut-outs of people who have bought virtual online tickets, put a shirt and scarf on each, and stuck the cut-out in the stand:

I'm more interested in the Rovers shirt, the style and sponsor don't match any I remember...

93116132_10158787306510982_662644386403713024_o.jpg

I read it as McEwans Lager? The scarf appears to have BRDSC on it.

Any any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

The Korean KLeague 1 and 2 season start this Friday. Behind closes doors for now, but at least it's live footy!

My team, Ulsan Hyundai, have signed ex-Bolton winger Lee Chung-yong and former Rovers trialist Yoon Bitgaram. We are gunning for the title we missed out on by a single goal scored last season.

Not sure if any UK broadcaster has picked it up but Bet365 might have it.