BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

So he did. Perhaps he will continue this trend and follow Jose to Real Madrid when the Special One has a crack at international football (or takes over from Sam). I can't see Rafa making Inter a force in the CL. He might win a couple of league titles early on, but his average abilities will assert themselves. Then I don't know where he'll be other than Russia on a big contract.

• 5 weeks later...

La Liga depends on the ability of cubs to blackmail their local communities. It is simple as that.

If the Spanish economy goes broke (and it is teetering) the clubs will collapse with it as the folk they use "leverage" with (local politiians and businesses) will have nothing left to contribute to the clubs' coffers.

This is not a great time to be E350m in debt and to be looking for another E150m from what is effectively a crippled banking system in Spain. Especially when the TV rights company Mediapro are in "protection from their creditors"- the major creditors being Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Methinks Fabregas will only be playing at the Nou Camp as an Arsenal player.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah,here was the summary from what happened in that video: Paraguayan footballer Jose Pedrozo has been handed a 27-game ban for attempting to choke a referee during a Chilean second-division match at the weekend. The governing body of Chile's professional league handed down the penalty late on Tuesday. The ruling stated that the defender had been banned for 20 games for attempting to choke Marcelo Miranda, five more for trying to attack him again after being pulled away, and two more for the red card he received just moments before the incident. Pedrozo resigned from the Chilean club Rangers after the match on Saturday and said he was returning to Paraguay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in France on my holidays. I went and saw Rennes play Lille last night on the opening game of the Ligue 1 season. It was a really good game, which ended 1-1. I paid €12 to get in. There's no way you be paying that for the Premiership. Asamoah Gyan came on for Rennes and should have won it for them in injury time when he missed an absolute sitter; totally unmarked in the box, about five yards out and he heads the ball wide. Rennes gave a debut to another one of their promising youngsters, from what is fast becoming one the elite youth academies about. He was called Yacine Brahimi and he is a real star in the making. Five of Rennes starting 11 all graduated from the youth teams and it would have been six, had Yann M'Vila not be injured. Despite being owned by one of the richest men in the world, Rennes are totally committed to producing their own players and then bringing in one or two players in the summer to compliment the youngsters. If they were to win anything, it makes it all the sweeter in the knowledge that they have produced the players. I'm glad to see that we are doing the same thing and have some very good young players making an impact on the first team.

I'm currently in France on my holidays. I went and saw Rennes play Lille last night on the opening game of the Ligue 1 season. It was a really good game, which ended 1-1. I paid €12 to get in. There's no way you be paying that for the Premiership. Asamoah Gyan came on for Rennes and should have won it for them in injury time when he missed an absolute sitter; totally unmarked in the box, about five yards out and he heads the ball wide. Rennes gave a debut to another one of their promising youngsters, from what is fast becoming one the elite youth academies about. He was called Yacine Brahimi and he is a real star in the making. Five of Rennes starting 11 all graduated from the youth teams and it would have been six, had Yann M'Vila not be injured. Despite being owned by one of the richest men in the world, Rennes are totally committed to producing their own players and then bringing in one or two players in the summer to compliment the youngsters. If they were to win anything, it makes it all the sweeter in the knowledge that they have produced the players. I'm glad to see that we are doing the same thing and have some very good young players making an impact on the first team.

That's true of most clubs in France though. The fact is French clubs can't afford to buy many players from abroad, so that makes it necessary to produce a reasonable amount of talent and encourages clubs to give youth a chance. It has positives and negatives, but it's nice as a supporter that there are often "home grown" players and that players do stay at clubs a bit longer.

That's true of most clubs in France though. The fact is French clubs can't afford to buy many players from abroad, so that makes it necessary to produce a reasonable amount of talent and encourages clubs to give youth a chance. It has positives and negatives, but it's nice as a supporter that there are often "home grown" players and that players do stay at clubs a bit longer.

Rennes can afford to buy players. They just choose to develop their own players. I'm sure it must be necessary for the likes of Nancy, Lorient or Sochaux to produce their own players as they don't have the budgets to buy a number of players.