BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Pique yes, Albert Ferrer no but good effort.

The Chelsea and Barca player was a right back, fairly recently.

Geremi is correct.

When me and my mate were asked this about a year ago, we didn't get him, and we needed a few clues for Gudjohnsen.

I've asked at least 10 people since and only one person got Geremi.

Maybe there isn't another one. I think there used to be 10 until Ronaldo won La Liga last year.

Owen never won anything at Madrid and Anelka never won La Liga, can't think of anyone else.

There's either 16 or 17 teams who are already in the group stages of next season's Champions League. How many can people name?

So would have to be from leagues where teams skip the qualification then I guess?

3 from England: Man U, Man C, Chelsea

Germany (3?): Bayern München, Dortmund, Leverkusen

Spain (3?): Barca, Real, Atletico M

France: PSG

Portugal (2): Porto, Benfica

Italy: Juve, Napoli (not sure if they still have 3 direct, or if it's 2 atm. If 3 then I think AC Milan beat Fiorentina to that spot)

Don't know which other countries get teams directly through qualifying stages. Russia I guess, but don't know how that league is looking. Maybe Ukraine (If so, Shakhtar should be there). Turkey? The Netherlands I guess as well, but think that is still a bit open league wise (unless Ajax has managed to run away with it the last weeks)

So that's 14-16 teams.

Wrong, Portugal has 2 that qualify directly plus the 3rd that has to go to playoffs.

This year, the 3rd place is Paços de Ferreira, a small town club that had a great season and doesn't have any debts. Major investiment after qualifying: improve their stadium.

They will be easy targets for the european big teams in the qualification round.

Guest Norbert

Since we're having a bit of a quiz.

Name a Champions League winner who has played in Hong Kong. (Probably an easy one really).

Guest Norbert

Well done RoverScot, now can you name the Scottish international who has also played in Hong Kong, and our Premier League?

Well done RoverScot, now can you name the Scottish international who has also played in Hong Kong, and our Premier League?

Bloody hell, this was finally nagging too much on my brain, so I had to do some searches. Do you mean John Spencer? He played a season in HK as far as I could tell.

Sorry for cheating, was hoping someone would know it, but as I said, it just took too long :D

Grasshoppers did what they had to do tonight and won 2-1 in St Gallen. Unfortunately Basel won at Young Boys 1-0 meaning Basel stay top by three points with one game to do and with a much superior goal difference.

However, a great season for GC, guaranteed the runners up spot and Champions League football next season; and of course they recently won the Swiss Cup.

At least one team who play in the famous blue and white halves are prospering!

Why do you like Grasshoppers Zurich CLB? I'm sure it's mentioned earlier on this thread but it's over 20 pages long.

Fiorentina used to be my foreign team. Mainly because Batistuta was the man on Football Italia on Channel 4. I remember being genuinely upset when he went to Roma when I was younger.

Then Valencia became my team. I was in Spain watching them vs Real Madrid in a restaurant with the chefs who were all Valencia fans. Most of them spoke English and asked me who I was supporting. I said Madrid I suppose, but they were like every foreign person supports either them or Barca, you should like Valencia.

I took their advice because Valencia pretty much played them off the park, with Albelda and Baraja stopping everything along with Roberto Ayala, and then attacking with players like Kily Gonzalez and Pablo Aimar. They were great to watch and have been ever since.

Then Valencia became my team. I was in Spain watching them vs Real Madrid in a restaurant with the chefs who were all Valencia fans. Most of them spoke English and asked me who I was supporting. I said Madrid I suppose, but they were like every foreign person supports either them or Barca, you should like Valencia.

I took their advice because Valencia pretty much played them off the park, with Albelda and Baraja stopping everything along with Roberto Ayala, and then attacking with players like Kily Gonzalez and Pablo Aimar. They were great to watch and have been ever since.

You are dead to me.