Sign in to follow this  
Tim Southampton Rover

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

The only football I watch is Rovers and generally only at Ewood.

No other football at all. Never on TV, never on the radio, never read the sports section. Nothing at all. My interest died years ago.

Why? See Neymar story. 

Simply put its disgusting. It doesn't need any fancy analysis. It's simply disgusting. 

Edited by Paul

The agents' fees of Mino Raoila, Neymar's wages(don't forget these will likely be a lot higher than he receives due to the high earners tax in France)/transfer fee and the other complete rubbish sideshow that you see in news media all over the gaff, these are the things that have really put me off. Rovers being absolute toilet is the best supporting actor.

'The beautiful game' has got the ugliest soul nowadays.

Edited by K-Hod

Moncler has become the 'new Stone Island' if you will IMO. I've only got one item of Stone Island clothing, which is some jeans that my ex-girlfriend's brother gifted to me because he didn't want them any more. Luckily for him, I gratefully accepted them as it's great quality clothing that does go the distance in fairness.....

Good article that, though. The amount of North Face and Patagonia stuff you see around these days is nuts.

AAAAND, I've gone off topic!

Edited by K-Hod

Ha, I find the casual culture quite interesting tbh. There was (maybe still is) a documentary about the casual movement on Netflix and features Darwen's very own Gary Aspden (brand manager or something like that at Adidas).

Edited by K-Hod

Gary Aspden brought out a Spezial range last year I think. He names a few after the area. His Adidas Hynburn were nice trainers.

Image result for adidas hyndburn       

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Ha, I find the casual culture quite interesting tbh.

Me too. We should start a thread. 'Match Day Clobber'. It's all a bit 'real ale' and 'techy' round these parts. We need a thread for the fashion-forward, young and beautiful people:)

9 hours ago, Paul said:

The only football I watch is Rovers and generally only at Ewood.

No other football at all. Never on TV, never on the radio, never read the sports section. Nothing at all. My interest died years ago.

Why? See Neymar story. 

Simply put its disgusting. It doesn't need any fancy analysis. It's simply disgusting. 

Where would you draw the line for transfer fees or wages?

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Gary Aspden brought out a Spezial range last year I think. He names a few after the area. His Adidas Hynburn were nice trainers.

Image result for adidas hyndburn       

Me too. We should start a thread. 'Match Day Clobber'. It's all a bit 'real ale' and 'techy' round these parts. We need a thread for the fashion-forward, young and beautiful people:)

Nah Ellington Brogues preferably a Hudson pair.... stay classy.

What language to the Belgium team speak when they are together? Training? Games? Team talks?

The national languages are Dutch and French. Head coach Roberto Martinez is Spanish, but has lived more of his life in England. His assistant is Thierry Henry, a native French speaker who has spent more time away from France than in it.

Most, if not all of the squad don't play in the Belgian league either.

I'm curious.

PSG is another one. There's not much native French in that dressing room.

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

What language to the Belgium team speak when they are together? Training? Games? Team talks?

The national languages are Dutch and French. Head coach Roberto Martinez is Spanish, but has lived more of his life in England. His assistant is Thierry Henry, a native French speaker who has spent more time away from France than in it.

I'm curious.

I don't know about their football team, but their women's basketball team is coached by a Belgian national and he coaches in English.

On 10/27/2017 at 14:00, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm curious.

The national languages are French and Flemish

3 hours ago, Boaty said:

The national languages are French and Flemish

Flemish is Dutch.

An equivalent would be what American English is to English.

5 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Flemish is Dutch.

An equivalent would be what American English is to English.

Thank you for that. I'd imagine its either a mix of English and French or probably just English then. Think most people in Belgium speak decent English from a young age unlike places such as france.

What is it with French players kicking fans? Evra may have been racially abused but he could have caused a riot. Imagine if Cantona kicked that guy at Millwall they probably would have burned the stadium down. Shame he didn't :D. Most people who are racially abused don't kick people he should have reported the alleged racism like a normal person. Marseille fans do have a racist reputation so I'm keeping an open mind on whether he's lying or not but its unacceptable. 

Edited by Vinjay17

An absolutely scandalous handball decision given against Corry Evans gives Switzerland the lead from the penalty spot in their play off match against Northern Ireland. 

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

An absolutely scandalous handball decision given against Corry Evans gives Switzerland the lead from the penalty spot in their play off match against Northern Ireland. 

Just seen it on the BBC news. The ref's eyes must be painted on.