BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

Italy not being at a World Cup is going to be bizarre, same with Holland 

Another shocking referee performance. Missed 3 or 4 penalties. 

Sweden in a world cup instead of Italy is a travesty. I would not like to be the italian manager tonight although he probably won't last the night.

7 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Another shocking referee performance. Missed 3 or 4 penalties. 

Sweden in a world cup instead of Italy is a travesty. I would not like to be the italian manager tonight although he probably won't last the night.

Why a travesty. They are a poor side with little quality. Hardly any decent youngsters coming through and now they a picking argentinian and brazilian born players...desperation!

It's certainly not a vintage Italy side compared to the great ones of previous years but there's more than enough ability there to get through a two legged play off against Sweden. There's more talent available than Conte had at his disposal, yet he knew how to mould a decent team out of what he had. Leaving your most creative player, Insigne, on the bench for both games doesn't help.

Ventura had them playing awful football, he looks completely uninspiring too. So many excellent Italian managers out there and he's in charge of the national team, beggars belief!

50 minutes ago, Tom said:

Italy not being at a World Cup is going to be bizarre, same with Holland 

...and we sent them both home, taking on all comers! Qualifying fair and square can never be a travesty, I've never understood that line of thinking. Why even bother with a qualification stage then?  

• Like 2

There is a huge proportion of the Argentine population that have Italian descent due to Italian settlement there. It is only right that they are afforded the opportunity to play for their country of descent.

With modern day globalism there are players all over the world that play for either countries they have settled in or countries their descendants are from. I wouldn't call it desperation at all.

15 hours ago, Commondore said:

...and we sent them both home, taking on all comers! Qualifying fair and square can never be a travesty, I've never understood that line of thinking. Why even bother with a qualification stage then?  

Quite right. Well done Sweden.

Italy weren't good enough. Topping Spain was always going to be tough, but the performance in Madrid by them was woeful. Classic Italian defending may have got them a draw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 19:35, arbitro said:

Well done to the football fixture planners again. Torquay v Gateshead tonight.

They really have excelled themselves with this one.

I read that club Chairman want it this way, as they are of the opinion that clubs that are a long distances away won't fetch many if it's Tuesday or Saturday, whilst a local team may bring significantly more on a Saturday than midweek. 

Bugger the hardcore fans and the players come to think of it.

• 1 month later...

What a ridiculous overreaction to call every Serie A game off because of what's happened with Astori and Fiorentina. There will be fans travelling worldwide for the AC v Inter game especially. Why is it disrespectful to play the other games at the very least? Kurt Angle's Father died in an accident yet he played the football (other kind) game of his life that same day. Its not going to change anything and talk of "putting things into perspective" has no logic at all in terms of scope. Its a typical liberal mindset making some symbolic gesture won't change a damn thing and its probably all for show to make the Serie A authorities feel good.

EDIT-I still feel its over the top to call off every game but tasteless clickbait headlines from the Sun. "Why has AC v Inter been postponed" and "international football star dies aged 31" isn't Astori's death newsworthy enough alone?

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

What a ridiculous overreaction to call every Serie A game off because of what's happened with Astori and Fiorentina. There will be fans travelling worldwide for the AC v Inter game especially. Why is it disrespectful to play the other games at the very least? Kurt Angle's Father died in an accident yet he played the football (other kind) game of his life that same day. Its not going to change anything and talk of "putting things into perspective" has no logic at all in terms of scope. Its a typical liberal mindset making some symbolic gesture won't change a damn thing and its probably all for show to make the Serie A authorities feel good.

EDIT-I still feel its over the top to call off every game but tasteless clickbait headlines from the Sun. "Why has AC v Inter been postponed" and "international football star dies aged 31" isn't Astori's death newsworthy enough alone?

It's called respect for human life. Fair play to them