BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

• Moderation Lead

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47234482 

It's strange that Andy Townsend doesn't seem to have a problem with James McClean, Darron Gibson, Marc Wilson and Shane Duffy doing pretty much the same thing for Northern Ireland, then switching allegiances to The Republic. 

Funny that.....

On 14/02/2019 at 14:06, K-Hod said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47234482 

It's strange that Andy Townsend doesn't seem to have a problem with James McClean, Darron Gibson, Marc Wilson and Shane Duffy doing pretty much the same thing for Northern Ireland, then switching allegiances to The Republic. 

Funny that.....

His point is correct, if you play for the senior team, even in a friendly, you shouldn't be allowed to change country. None of the players you mention played senior for Northern Ireland. 

Anyway, I have no issue personally with Rice picking England. He was born there so he made the correct call. I am sure plenty of other players we had over the years, maybe even Townsend included, would have chosen England if they were good enough. Having said that, he was a great servant. Best of luck to Rice. He looks a real talent. We could have done with him. 

• Like 1

https://www.the42.ie/sala-tragedy-legal-wrangle-4503673-Feb2019/  

Cardiff have also reportedly questioned Willie McKay’s practice of trying to inflate transfer fees by fabricating interest in players from clubs.

“It was us who put in the media about other clubs wanting you — West Ham, Everton etc — to create an interest on you that’s what we do,” Willie McKay wrote in a letter to Sala that has now been made public.

Frightening performance form Messi today. 650th goal, 50th hattrick, 36th goal in 35 games vs Sevilla his weak foot would be Barcelona's 18th top goalscorer ever, his left foot has 251 MORE GOALS than the second highest goalscorer ever... and the technique for that first goal is raw, natural ability.

32 games this season, 33 goals, 15 assists in a league as technically gifted as La Liga. Showing just how farcical the Ballon d'or has become, FIFTH PLACE?!?! If it was on ability alone, as it should be for player of the year, he'd have a clean sweep of them since he was 19.

Every passing game I watch him I become more and more convinced he's the best there's ever been. 

13 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Frightening performance form Messi today. 650th goal, 50th hattrick, 36th goal in 35 games vs Sevilla his weak foot would be Barcelona's 18th top goalscorer ever, his left foot has 251 MORE GOALS than the second highest goalscorer ever... and the technique for that first goal is raw, natural ability.

32 games this season, 33 goals, 15 assists in a league as technically gifted as La Liga. Showing just how farcical the Ballon d'or has become, FIFTH PLACE?!?! If it was on ability alone, as it should be for player of the year, he'd have a clean sweep of them since he was 19.

Every passing game I watch him I become more and more convinced he's the best there's ever been. 

Nail-head.

It's not even a debate anymore for me

Edited by Oldgregg86

13 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Great post. He’s a freak of nature. Showing absolutely zero signs of slowing down. Me and some friends are off to barca in a couple of weeks just to watch him live as it’s been on my bucket list for some time. 

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Great post. He’s a freak of nature. Showing absolutely zero signs of slowing down. Me and some friends are off to barca in a couple of weeks just to watch him live as it’s been on my bucket list for some time. 

That will be amazing and something you can look back on and tell the grandkids about.

I got to see him play at the Etihad when they lost to city but I'm jealous of you.

Have a good time pal. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Nail-head.

It's not even a debate anymore for me

Me neither. 

Some will still try and compare him to Ronaldo. Ronaldo has the stats that can rival, although Messi is still ahead, and anyone who's ever watched the 2 for a full match and not a highlights show knows there is no comparison.

21 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I was lucky enough to see him, Neymar and Suarez all score in a 5-0 victory 4 years ago. Hope you have as good a night. Keep your phone and wallet safe though, bloody pickpockets are as good at what they do as Messi is at what he does!!

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 00:16, Mellor Rover said:

No one is doubting Messi's greatness, but calling that a farce is saying that you fundamentally don't understand what the award is. 

The ballon d'or isn't for the greatest player of the time, but for the player who achieved the most in that calendar year. Messi failed to really impress in Russia, and in a World Cup year, underperforming at the season's major tournament is going to make winning the ballon d'or difficult. He was beaten in the voting by a world cup runner up (who was also voted the best player of the tournament and who was also a key player in a Champions league winning side), a Champions League winner who had another great year (winning the CL is undoubtedly a better achievement than winning La Liga, dull as it is), and two world cup winners (one of whom had a record-breaking domestic season and the other who had a good all round year. For me, Griezmann is the only player who probably shouldn't have been ahead of him and you can maybe convince me that Ronaldo and Messi were a push last season, but to call it a farce is, in itself, a joke. 

Edited by Eddie

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

For me, Griezmann is the only player who probably shouldn't have been ahead of him and you can maybe convince me that Ronaldo and Messi were a push last season, but to call it a farce is, in itself, a joke. 

Edited 17 hours ago by Eddie

World cup winning griezmann. Doesn't that undermine your point slightly

• Like 2