Sign in to follow this  
Tim Southampton Rover

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Love it. And does anyone remember Dickie Davies announcing on World of Sport that Charlie George had just pissed a late fartness test?

Just as well I was otherwise engaged this afternoon otherwise I would have watched Valletta getting drubbed 5-1 by Astana. Saves me from going to watch the return leg at home.

On 01/08/2019 at 15:05, philipl said:

'And for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.' 

Whispering Ted Lowe's finest snooker commentary...

I was actually watching that snooker game on a B/W TV and it made perfect sense to me.

Was it on the show called"Pot Black"?

9 hours ago, bazza said:

I was actually watching that snooker game on a B/W TV and it made perfect sense to me.

Was it on the show called"Pot Black"?

yes i think it was one of the early ones.

19 hours ago, blondie said:

The bowler's Holding, the batsmen's Willey

Brilliant! And in a similar vein, the late Brian Johnston was commentating on TMS for an Ashes test in (I think) the 80s when Steve Waugh, fielding at short leg, took one in the nether regions. After lengthy treatment he said “And Waugh is off to long leg to lick his wounds” which was greeted by about a minute’s laughter (and zero commentary) from the TMS booth.

AFC Wimbledon were fined in the past for not referring to MK in the programme by the ever empathetic EFL. Also for calling them "MK" on the scoreboard minus dons. 

Well last night they just didn't print a programme (no longer compulsory anyway) and said the scoreboard was broke.

Just now, old darwen blue said:

I await the story in the press, bet he’s the victim. 

I agree he is a bit of a dick to say the least but I suspect this might be about money and unpaid wages

Munich only draw at home  and Barca get beat to start their seasons,minor blip or an indication of closer title races there this season.