Sign in to follow this  
Tim Southampton Rover

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Good job he’s white or all hell would of broke loose. 

5 hours ago, Vinjay said:

FC Cincinnati announce Jaap Stam as manager with photo of someone else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52767875

“I heard about the incident from the mother of a former pupil of mine”.

390F5CFD-3305-410F-BA0A-0C3A7031716F.jpeg.b0e250ba4a4021532fae356537fe9207.jpeg

Is Sky Bet streaming the Bundesliga at the moment? On all three of today's matches, the Sky Bet website has a "Watch Live" link, and then something like:

Werder Bremen v Wolfsburg

Today at 12:30 | German Bundesliga | Live Streaming

It sounds like it will, but it sounds to good to be true. I guess I'll find out in 15 minutes!

The answer is yes. 😀 What a terrible combination of kits. Must grumble about SOMETHING!

Christ just watching the first La Liga game back ( 🥰 ) and each side has 12 subs each on their bench, I reckon I could get a spot on the bench at Ewood if we did that 

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Christ just watching the first La Liga game back ( 🥰 ) and each side has 12 subs each on their bench, I reckon I could get a spot on the bench at Ewood if we did that 

Win, win, as you wouldn’t miss out on your season ticket either.

31 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I think it's the same for the Prem and Germans. they can use  5 Subs for the rest of the season.

I think it's a bench of 9 in the prem, which is still too many but 12 is taking the pee!

I didn’t really know where to put this but there is a strong rumour going round Glasgow that Graeme Souness is to be announced in some sort of capacity at Rangers tomorrow. Some people think it is as director of football but I have also heard he will be chairman!?

What a fix La Liga is absolutely embarrassing the lengths that the officials are going to, to ensure that Real Madrid win the title. And it is so brazen as well they aren't even trying to hide it.

Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2020 at 00:04, oldjamfan1 said:

I didn’t really know where to put this but there is a strong rumour going round Glasgow that Graeme Souness is to be announced in some sort of capacity at Rangers tomorrow. Some people think it is as director of football but I have also heard he will be chairman!?

That's been rumoured for some time. Big news at Rangers lately has been season ticket renewals and a deal with Castore who are major new players on the sportswear front.

32 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

What a fix La Liga is absolutely embarrassing the lengths that the officials are going to, to ensure that Real Madrid win the title. And it is so brazen as well they aren't even trying to hide it.

One of the major members within the corrupt UEFA cartel. Bayern, Man United, Juventus, Liverpool, etc. Real, Barcelona and Juventus have always been leading clubs (United, Liverpool and even Bayern not so much) in their respective countries so what are they so afraid of? 

Edited by Vinjay

On 11/06/2020 at 22:52, Ossydave said:

I think it's a bench of 9 in the prem, which is still too many but 12 is taking the pee!

Serie a?

Posted (edited)
On 05/07/2020 at 14:54, Ewood Ace said:

ISTR that there was a season where a different team beat Real to a European spot and the league (or government?), just took the European slot of the other team and gave it to Real anyway?

Hellas Verona surprisingly won the Italian league in 1985. It was the only season where referees were appointed randomly rather than by a 'special commission of referees'. There had been a betting scandal and the league wanted to clean up their image. 1985 was unusual as none of the big three clubs won the league. The random system mustn't have worked though, as that was the only year it was used...

Edited by DanLad

That would be funny, seeing as he was the hero in ousting Septic Bladder, Jack Warner and all the other corrupt bosses. It shouldn't be surprising though as the dodgy business is so ingrained in FIFA that it would be more than a few senior figures at the top.

Bayern/ Chelsea on ITV4 atm, love watching Robben