BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

17 hours ago, riverholmes said:

More than just a myopic fascination with De Bruyne, I do believe that examples like this are based on a racial bias against recognition of the skill and creativity of black players. A study sponsored by the PFA and published last year showed that commentators are four more times likely to discuss black players in terms of strength and seven times more likely to be discussed in terms of speed. It would be unfair to just focus on commentators - Man Utd, of course, let him go and are now crying out for a striker.

Ronaldinho didn’t have that problem. 
I heard Darren “ everyone is racist” Lewis go on about calling players beasts as being racist due to a lot of what you highlighted above. I would call akinfenwa a beast in the same way as Jon Parkin was a beast. As Defoe and Owen arnt . People always looking for a way to find offence is keeping racism alive.

morgan Freeman was asked how do we eradicate racism. His answer. Just stop going on about it.

(not a dig at you, very good post, just my thoughts)

• Like 5

• Backroom
On 17/03/2021 at 20:27, Bigdoggsteel said:

Supporting Blackburn and having Ireland as an international team would do that to a man..I deserve a medal. 

Was Irish guy on radio today talking about your team's style of posession with no end product. Said you only had one decent chance midweek and that was blazed over the bar.

His frustrations with the manager sounded identical to Rovers.

Are you supporting 2 football teams with the exact same issues? 🤔

If so, you have my deepest sympathies. 

I can barely cope with 1 helping. 

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Was Irish guy on radio today talking about your team's style of posession with no end product. Said you only had one decent chance midweek and that was blazed over the bar.

His frustrations with the manager sounded identical to Rovers.

Are you supporting 2 football teams with the exact same issues? 🤔

If so, you have my deepest sympathies. 

I can barely cope with 1 helping. 

Ya, I deserve a medal.

Ireland have literally no strikers at the moment. It's a huge issue. It's the worst crop of players in my lifetime in general anyway. The manager is out of his depth, but in fairness he is trying to get them to play possesion football, which I don't think we have ever tried. Our greatest manager was Jack Charlton and his long ball style is pretty much ingrained in our DNA. 

THey should just let Kenny bring young players through. We just have to suck it up because there is no light in sight. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I deserve a medal.

Sounds like you do.

I see you have a needless, painful friendly against Qatar tonight, who are in decent form.

Good luck!

Since it's on Sky I might dip in and see if I can spot the similarities with Rovers. 

The guy on radio was: "Anyone can keep possession at the back, it goes sideways and backwards, but never goes anywhere. What's the point in that!"

Now where have I heard that before. 🤔

• Like 2

Ireland have made 8 changes for the friendly tonight, pretty much everyone in the ‘worst crop of players’ in bigdogg’s lifetime have started a game this week... apart from Lenihan.

Which speaks volumes to the level Rovers are at these days too...

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ireland have made 8 changes for the friendly tonight, pretty much everyone in the ‘worst crop of players’ in bigdogg’s lifetime have started a game this week... apart from Lenihan.

Which speaks volumes to the level Rovers are at these days too...

Beat me to it. Pointless him going away with them - an absolute waste of everyone’s times - he never gets a single minute.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Beat me to it. Pointless him going away with them - an absolute waste of everyone’s times - he never gets a single minute.

He’ll have flown -

Manchester - Dublin 

Dublin - Belgrade

Belgrade - Dublin

Dublin - Hungary

Hungary - Dublin

Dublin - Manchester 

... in a little over a week and 0 minutes in three matches. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’ll have flown -

Manchester - Dublin 

Dublin - Belgrade

Belgrade - Dublin

Dublin - Hungary

Hungary - Dublin

Dublin - Manchester 

... in a little over a week and 0 minutes in three matches. 

Hasn’t he got a young child too? Seems the outspoken type so I’m sure he’ll let Kenny know his thoughts.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• 3 weeks later...

Reports are out that a European super league could be happening; Man United, Liverpool among clubs in $6 billion European Super League talks - sources (espn.com)

Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs are English teams to have purportedly signed on. 

It's been talked about for years. It's no surprise that of the 5 clubs 3 are owned by Americans, and that JP Morgan are backing it. 

I'm completely against it, but I have no money or power to do anything about it.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Reports are out that a European super league could be happening; Man United, Liverpool among clubs in $6 billion European Super League talks - sources (espn.com)

Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs are English teams to have purportedly signed on. 

It's been talked about for years. It's no surprise that of the 5 clubs 3 are owned by Americans, and that JP Morgan are backing it. 

I'm completely against it, but I have no money or power to do anything about it.

But PSG and Bayern Munich are against it. 

Gary Neville on the commentary of the Manchester United game with the dingles, Roy Keane and Micah Richards in the Sky Sports Studio are scathing of the top 6 English clubs for signing up to this European Super League and say each club should have points deduct of them. 

Also statement from UEFA and others FA's plus PL and La Liga said clubs will be kick out of their own domestic leagues plus banned on players appearing in world cups and Euros also will happen

The Football Supporters association comment below

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Spurs? Haha. The equivalent of a snooker player down the club who gets 20+ breaks now and then thinking he can mix it with Ronnie O'Sullivan, Neil Robertson and the like.

As for the proposed idea, let the greedy gets clear off. Watch them squirm when the novelty wears off and they are desperate for a return to domestic football. There should be no way back for any of them who sign up for this league.

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Good riddance

It could well mean good riddance to many an English club as well - including rovers. Sky money would virtually disappear for a lot of clubs. Income would be close to zero. 

we would have to pray that Venkys  stayed and propped us up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, den said:

It could well mean good riddance to many an English club as well - including rovers. Sky money would virtually disappear for a lot of clubs. Income would be close to zero. 

we would have to pray that Venkys  stayed and propped us up. 

Talk about the devil and the deep blue sea

• Like 1