BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

Nice from the Stoke fans, shows the few comments I read earlier were just a bad selection from their lot.

Hope its not true about the life support

The Stoke fans were brilliant, after the game a man came over to us in the pub and asked if a Rovers fan had died (we all thought he had died at the time) and he looked really upset and said how sorry he was to hear that.

If their brains were made of dynamite it wouldn't blow their hats off! Scum of the earth. The sad thing is, they are not 15 year olds, they are mature ( in age only) young men who lack basic intelligence, have no moral footing, see nothing wrong in what they do and actually relish in it. Sad sad people who are not worthy of mention. The poor lad who is injured however is. Hope the ones responsible sleep well tonight - maybe they are all sleeping together!

Theres still a strong rumour that the fans were larking around in the concourse half time and somebody threw a bin into the air then a poor unfortunate sole decided to head it.

We wait to see the outcome.

If theres a god he'll come through, just!

I`m done attending professional football matches now. Overpaid players about to get another pay rise. I bet 90% of the Rovers players couldn`t point to Blackburn on a map. The virus of chav fans with their attitude, drinking (and inability to handle it),pathetic chants and now a fan injured.

You know somewhere along the line we were all brainwashed in to " must stay in prem no matter what ". It used to be a "few beers and support your local team no matter what".

I`m sticking to F1. On the campsites at Silverstone the F1 fans will empty enough tins to recycle and create their own grid of cars without an ounce of trouble. Fantastic party atmosphere.

Mr Williams, might see you at Ewood one day but not under these conditions.

• Backroom

If their brains were made of dynamite it wouldn't blow their hats off! Scum of the earth. The sad thing is, they are not 15 year olds, they are mature ( in age only) young men who lack basic intelligence, have no moral footing, see nothing wrong in what they do and actually relish in it. Sad sad people who are not worthy of mention. The poor lad who is injured however is. Hope the ones responsible sleep well tonight - maybe they are all sleeping together!

Not to speak ill of someone in a grave condition but for all we know he was one of the numpties involved in the bin throwing so it would be wrong to assume anything right now.

Either way I really hope he pulls through nobody should lose thier life in such idiotic circumstances and rob a family of their son/brother, maybe even father and husband.

Just as an aside and I'm not wanting to divert or lay any blame but what were the stewards doing if people were chucking wheelie bins around?

The one near us was keeping well out of the way and we could not blame him in the slightest. I fully hope the guy pulls through but could understand the stewards thinking at the time to let the idiots chuck stuff at each other. Sadly it got far more out of hand than anyone could have thought possible.

The one near us was keeping well out of the way and we could not blame him in the slightest. I fully hope the guy pulls through but could understand the stewards thinking at the time to let the idiots chuck stuff at each other. Sadly it got far more out of hand than anyone could have thought possible.

i can`t believe in such a packed area NOBODY saw EXACTLY what happened, but then maybe the police have advised them to say nothing to nobody. there`s so many contrasting tales it`s probably better to just focus on commenting about the injured man and wishing him well for now until more is known.

I'm copying Lees post from the official site, as I can't put this any better myself. All I will say at this time is that the thoughts of everybody is with the affected fan and his family and we all hope he pulls through.

"

Whilst it is certainly disturbing what has happened today at the ground. Can I ask supporters that instead of posting what they saw on here that if they have any important information that may help that they call the Staffordshire Police on 01785 236211.

It is very easy for discussions to get taken out of context or be taken as fact (like the early reports on here that the chap was dead), so it might be better if any supporter who was unfortunate to witness this terrible event contacts the appropriate authorities."

Think that those who were there should read Steb's post.

What a sanctimonious arse! Get over yourself. Pompous politically correct arse...

yeah, to be fair i found the question an acceptable one too. the poster clearly had no knowledge of how the incident came about or where it happened, so just asked if something on the pitch sparked it off(probably assuming it happened in the seated area). i don`t think he meant it in a sarcastic way.

:( SAD NEWS: The Guy who was hit by the bin Has passed Away he died this morring at 12:08am his life support machine was switch off R.I.P thoughts go out to the family at this sad time :( xxx

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/4993221.Rovers_fan_in_critical_condition_after_incident_at_Stoke_match/

Edited by roversfan09

My uncle and I intend to come into Blackburn and watch the Rovers play Birmingham, spend a week touring whiskey distilleries, and then watch the Rovers at Tottenham before flying out again.

Any suggestions as to what areas to buy tickets in for the Rovers v. Birmingham and the Spurs v. Rovers? Our objective would be to avoid the areas with poor fan behavior.

You ahould be absolutely fine at the Spurs match. Firstly it's at 12.45 which means an early start. Secondly there has been such a small following at the London matches this year that it's clear that most of the numpties don't bother going (which is very pleasant for the rest of us). Thirdly, we are usually in the upper tier, which is so steep that most people don't even WANT to stand. (I'm the one sitting at the end of a row clinging to the post for dear life- I have dreadful vertigo)

The further forward in the stand the better is what I'd say. Those who wish to stand tend to head for the back (especially if it's not a sell-out).

Okay I was one of the witnesses and have given my evidence to the police already. The lad was on our coach to the game, and had been a number of times before.

I don't know what to say on here, just that I couldn't get to him in time. The paramedics were quick to take over just as we'd got him on his back and were starting CPR, I'd tried to stop the bleeding with my jacket and another lady was helping him before me she tried her best also. The paramedics were working on him for a while whilst I was there.

Nobody attacked him, another guy at the station filmed it all on his phone, he said that the lad had tried to header the bin.

• Like 2

what a senseless loss of live. what is football and our beloved Blackburn Rovers coming to?

what about his girlfriend, parents, family and friends....absolutely dreadful.

I was at the game but my mind was elsewhere as my young nephew died at 08.30 that morning, at least we had time to say our good-byes.

I feel devastated this morning, and this includes for the family of this young man.

this is secondary but what will this mean for our reputation (in the gutter? We need to reclaim our club from some of our so called fans), and will it impact on the team?

But most important: RIP

Edited by preston blue

To me football fans are still treated like sh!t at the majority of grounds. If people are treated in thsi way it's hardly surprising when a small element behave in a manner most of us find unacceptable. Treat fans like scum and some will react as scum. It's obvious to me Stoke City treat away support in an appalling fashion, this is a modern stadium with zero facilities for supporters and a policing and stewarding attitude which left me in no doubt about how I was viewed. Needless to say we didn't return this year.

Chicken and egg Paul. As usual decent fans suffer but I will not condemn any club that has suffered from experience for treating visiting fans as animals. It's cruel to keep domesticated animals in cages but completely necessary for dangerous animals.

I'm sure that Stoke's stewarding and policing will get even more anti personnel after this death but who the hell can blame them?

For anybody who objects the only way is to do as you have done and cross Stoke City off your away menu....... Oldham copped it from me for the actions of the GMP, I've never been to Boundary Park since the overly heavy handed policing which ruined HT and kept us all locked in afterwards in the 80's. (btw Me and my mate beat the system by scaling the floodlight pylon and clambering over the fence ;) )

Your tale is another reason to explore the possibility of two sections for away fans at some grounds. Once people begin to not enjoy the awayday experience and stop going they are difficult to persuade otherwise and long term it is not good for football and will prove to be another straw on the camels back.

Edited by thenodrog