BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

Accident or deliberate is not the issue for me, its the fact that people need to drink so much alcohol at football matches, surely Football should be the reason for attending the game!!

My thoughts go to the family of the lad who undeservedly lost his life, it shouldnt have happened, may he rest in peace!!

Maybe a total alcohol ban in football grounds is the answer (apart from the corporate boxes)Tragic incident and not good for our club!!

Shocked at the events at half-time yesterday, I was mulling around but didn't see what happened. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Although, not that I want to sound in any way insensitive, I'm suprised at some of the OTT comments on here. I have been going to Rovers away games for many years and have never once found the behaviour of Rovers fans intimidating or found that they were going 'too far'. It's always good natured, a group of lads having a few beers and singing in the concourse, what's wrong with that? Nor will this incident deter me from attending future away days. The incident was very unfortunate but surely it could have happened anywhere? What about at United\ Barnsley earlier in the season, a bin could have been thrown there and knocked somebody unconsious? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

I do wish people wouldn't jump on the bandwagon and have a moan. I'm sure that 90% of other clubs have much more numerous and idiotic 'numpties' than we do. This will not affect our reputation as a club in the slightest, why would it?

Also, anyone who sits in the JW thinks the BBE is full of immature adolescents needs to get a grip. It's what some people call supporting the team and if you have been to any away games you would see the opposition home supporters doing the same.

If you want to know what adolescents are... I went to watch Stoke vs Newcastle at the Britannia last season and there were lads hanging off the roof of the concourse and swinging off CCTV cameras, every man/woman and child in there was laughing, drinking and singing. Imagine what their away support is like?

R.I.P to the young man.....its appears at the moment to have been a tragic ACCIDENT.

Can those Rovers fans stating 'what is our club coming to' and saying they will stay away from Ewood PLEASE get a grip of themselves and reality.

This tragic ACCIDENT is not the fault of our beloved club,Rovers and Ewood park is a safe place to watch football in a mostly friendly atmosphere.Rovers fans as a whole have a good reputation.

Please think before making these OTT comments as the media are no doubt waiting to put the boot in.

An accident maybe but avoidable certainly. The bin didn't throw itself did it?

Whilst 99.9 per cent of us on here didn't know the person who has tragically lost his life, I'm sure like myself we have felt genuinely saddened by what has happened.

Myself and my families sympathies go out to his loved ones.

On a slightly different note I've read one or two posts on this thread which have saddened and angered me and couldnt wait to reply in anger but I've decided now is not the time.

Please don't turn this thread in to a personal squabble between certain members

RIP

What a waste of life, we go to football to have a good time and support the team, I think people need to work out what makes a good time for them. Surely people don't truly need to get wasted to have a good time? I know I've never needed to and I'm

only a young lad (22), so why is it that society is going backwards so quickly from when I was there age?

This may sound stupid but I blame a lot of this loutish behaviour on the media, films like green street, football factory, tv like the real football

factories who glourify the darker days of football past. I never used to believe this could ever be the case but after two seperate discussions with two of the groups I teach at college a lot of them thought this sort of behaviour was fine bec

ause of they thought it was cool. As I discovered later it was mainly down to it being made out to be cool by the media. I don't believe the media make it out to be cool but it does appeal

to 'thick' adolescents!

Anyway RIP-Thoughts and prayers are with your loved ones!

Edit-sorry about the crap layout of the post, iPhone doesn't like this MB for some reason.

Edited by ihtd

I went to school with him.He also has left a young boy behind ,such a shame,definatly a minutes silence on wednesday. R.I.P,mate. :(

Anyone on here who is a parent (and I am also) imagine what you would feel if you lost a son in this way.

Possibly worse still is a little lad who's lost his Dad due to this sad accident.

This brings football into the spotlight in the worst way possible, but short of removing everthing nailed down in stadiums how can this sort of thing, and by extension freak accidents, be stopped?

Condolences to all concerned, and to Preston Blue and his family

Shocked at the events at half-time yesterday, I was mulling around but didn't see what happened. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Although, not that I want to sound in any way insensitive, I'm suprised at some of the OTT comments on here. I have been going to Rovers away games for many years and have never once found the behaviour of Rovers fans intimidating or found that they were going 'too far'. It's always good natured, a group of lads having a few beers and singing in the concourse, what's wrong with that? Nor will this incident deter me from attending future away days. The incident was very unfortunate but surely it could have happened anywhere? What about at United\ Barnsley earlier in the season, a bin could have been thrown there and knocked somebody unconsious? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

I do wish people wouldn't jump on the bandwagon and have a moan. I'm sure that 90% of other clubs have much more numerous and idiotic 'numpties' than we do. This will not affect our reputation as a club in the slightest, why would it?

Also, anyone who sits in the JW thinks the BBE is full of immature adolescents needs to get a grip. It's what some people call supporting the team and if you have been to any away games you would see the opposition home supporters doing the same.

If you want to know what adolescents are... I went to watch Stoke vs Newcastle at the Britannia last season and there were lads hanging off the roof of the concourse and swinging off CCTV cameras, every man/woman and child in there was laughing, drinking and singing. Imagine what their away support is like?

Im sorry but good natured, harmless fun is throwing a beachball around or whistling at a female stewards breasts. The current situation isn't good natured....it's throwing bottles, bins, causing trouble on coaches and racist chanting. It wasn't an accident, if he had a brain he surely realised it could have hurt someone. It's like the incident a few years back when a burnley fan threw his pint class over the wall of the pub and killed someone....he didn't mean to but he did something stupid and that's what happened...he got what he deserved, prison.

Find the guy who threw the bin and do him for manslaughter.

A man critically ill in hospital, someone arrested. In the Rovers end so the assumption is it was one Rovers fan on another? Terrible. At least he's still with us ....

What a shame terrible thing to happen , local paper saying no Stoke fans involved and a man from Preston arrested.

I knew Him, he was the boyfriend of my family member, i can't bring myself to ring my family member because i'm too cut up about it and wouldn't know what to say to her.

He leaves a young son and has 3 brothers

He was a passionate rovers supporter and loved going down to ewood with his brothers when they could all get together

Can we have some respect and stop the squabbling about whats right and wrong on this thread and keep the messages to wishing his family well

R.I.P xx

• Like 1

Greco, he will never be forgotten. I'm so upset and I don't think I knew him, might have seen him around as you always see the same familiar faces at away games, but how I feel will be nothing compared to how his close friends and family are feeling. I'll be thinking of them. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace.

Edited by RIML

You've already crossed a very significant line by standing up! IT IS ILLEGAL!:angry: The thin end of this wedge is connected to fans standing without a doubt. Whether standing terraces are allowed or not is one thing but this is another matter. If there are no standing areas people must be made to sit down and that includes the numpties that follow MU who started the stupidity simply through defiant attitude.

To turn a blind eye to such is to move the line in the sand that Lord Taylor drew up through complete necessity after Heyschel and Hillsborough. Basically it is giving way to lawlessness.

If people are stood in front and behind without complaint, I don't see an issue. I'd never block the view of someone who wants to sit