BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

Theno "people mature away from the BBE..."

Get a grip, if everyone was like you Ewood would be even more silent. Nothing wrong with singing. I find some of your comments on here astounding.

RIP to him, an absolute travesty. Best wishes to the family and friends of the man. The same for you Preston Blue - I am deeply sorry for your loss.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I was at this game, and bought two plastic bottles of beer before the game. The tops were removed "as they could be used as a missile"

How the hell can it be possible to use a bin as a missile but a bottle top is forbidden? Why was the bin not firmly fixed to the ground?

I am devestated to hear the news of this lad passing away, devastated.

What is the point of stewards if they stand to one side and watch this unfold?

Unbelievable set of circumstances.

RIP Fella, and to Preston Blues nephew

come off it mate this is of no fault of stoke city at all and solely the fault of a group of rovers fans, it probably seemed like fun to them nut has ended trafically

sad that he's lost his life but that's nothing compared to the fact q kid has lost his dad in stupid stupid circumstances

If people are stood in front and behind without complaint, I don't see an issue. I'd never block the view of someone who wants to sit

There was a problem with standing yesterday at the match. The disabled supporters could not see and our steward was very upset that the head steward was not sending personnel over to deal with it. There were also other supporters, elderly and children who wanted to sit and had others standing in front of them and impeding their view. As has been said, it is illegal to stand, when will people get this into their heads?

However, it got worse. Shocked when we were told that someone was badly injured, even more so when we found out what had happened. The poor man, who like the rest of us had gone to support his beloved club and ended up losing his life. God rest his soul, prayers and thoughts for all who knew him and were close to him.

Those who attend football matches with the sole intention of getting completely drunk should take a long hard look at themselves.

Greco, can you not send this person a text? If not, send them a card. There is not much you can say when a loved person dies, but to know you are supported and people are thinking of you is some help. Let them know you are there for them, and if they need to talk you are there. The words will come. No person can truly understand the suffering of another as we are all different, but you can try.

Mike, so sorry about your nephew. ((((hugs))). So sad for you.

Thanks to Stoke fans for their posts. We are all football fans after all.

To Rovers fans - please don't let this stop your away support. We need to stick together and show everyone that we are good people and not let the idiots take over.

• Like 5

There was a problem with standing yesterday at the match. The disabled supporters could not see and our steward was very upset that the head steward was not sending personnel over to deal with it. There were also other supporters, elderly and children who wanted to sit and had others standing in front of them and impeding their view. As has been said, it is illegal to stand, when will people get this into their heads?

However, it got worse. Shocked when we were told that someone was badly injured, even more so when we found out what had happened. The poor man, who like the rest of us had gone to support his beloved club and ended up losing his life. God rest his soul, prayers and thoughts for all who knew him and were close to him.

Those who attend football matches with the sole intention of getting completely drunk should take a long hard look at themselves.

Greco, can you not send this person a text? If not, send them a card. There is not much you can say when a loved person dies, but to know you are supported and people are thinking of you is some help. Let them know you are there for them, and if they need to talk you are there. The words will come. No person can truly understand the suffering of another as we are all different, but you can try.

To Rovers fans - please don't let this stop your away support. We need to stick together and show everyone that we are good people and not let the idiots take over.

Agree entirely.

Not attending the away games will play into the idiot's hands.

Why can't we have a brilliant, loud atmosphere in the away end (eg at Villa) without causing trouble?

R.I.P, absolutely tragic way to go and the fact it was perpetrated by a fellow set of Rovers fans makes it all the worse.

However all this about it being symptomatic of the times and our current society is totally untrue IMO. Recent events amongst Rovers away support specifically are a major concern. However in general going to watch the football is far more of a family experience than it was 25 years ago. The fact we have a huge thread concerning racist chanting by Rovers fans is in itself a sign of the times - I may not have been around in the seventies but all reports say it was far more common place in those times and likely would not have been greeted with anywhere near the same level of outrage. The hooligan element was far stronger and we had stadium tragedies in the 80s which would never be repeated these days.

Once again condolences to all concerned but this is an isolated incident, possibly symptomatic of a very small minority of Rovers "fans" who seem to be increasing in number but not representative of either the majority of our fans or football support in this country as a whole.

• Like 1

I was at yesterday's game and I had to stand up to see the match. I bought a ticket for a seat to sit and watch the match but I had to stand. People saying they wouldn't stand if the people behind them wanted to sit is nonsense, as a woman I would be quite nervous of asking some of the more intimdating looking of our fans to sit down. I know I'm judging by appearances which may be unfair but I shouldn't have to ask people to sit when standing through the whole game is illegal. Fans should consider that there are other fans who find it difficult to stand for 45 minutes at a time and should not have to do this.

Personally I think unacceptable behaviour in various forms e.g. standing, racist chanting etc. has been on the increase recently and action neds to be taken to curb this. As someone who just wants to go and support the team rather than getting drunk, joining in racist chants, making obscene gestures at rival fans etc. this is certainly discouraging me from attending away games.

Finally I offer my sincere sympathy to the family and friends of the man who has died.

• Like 2

If people are stood in front and behind without complaint, I don't see an issue. I'd never block the view of someone who wants to sit

This is getting off topic and should be somewhere else sambo but exactly how do you complain when people are stood in front of you are invariably stood up because people are stood in front of them and so on? One just has to accept a resigned air and stand up too thereby spoiling the view of people behind. It's just completely selfish and ignorant and takes no account of women and children who cannot see nor the elderly or infirm who can not stand for long.

Question for you sambo do you do that at the cinema?

Edited by thenodrog

I know its not happened on here yet, but can we keep the fans name off the site until its been officially announced.

I understand not all the family has been informed yet.

Also can we keep the petty point scoring and/or discussions of fans behaviour off this thread. Now is not the time.

Maybe the scheme could be introduced as a pilot scheme and restricted to JW ST holders only then Pafell. imo People sit on the JW stand and not behind the goals for two reasons.

1. A much better view of a match.

and

2. To maintain as much distance as possible from sight and sound of the low life adolescents.

Most people should mature away from the BBE in their 20's.

To be honest the Rovers fans took exception to sunderland fans being in the JW. But I suppose they could make a seperate area for away fans in the JW - darmen end of the JW of course. I thought your post was saying to have a section in the JW for away supporters - correct me if I am wrong.

yes my wife and I sit in the JW when we are able to get to games for a better view of the match. It is not though to seperate ourselves from certain groups of people, but understand when others take that stance - especailly if they have kids with them.

I remember about 2 maybe 3 seasons ago a few Rovers supporters were evicted from Craven Cottage just before the game v Rovers kicked off. You could not help think what a bunch of morons, travelled all that way and get evicted before the game even started. Yet Fulham's ground is a friendly place to visit, yet some went there to cause trouble - pathetic. Even this season there were a group of Rovers supporters, trying to provoke fulham supporters near the away end.

I know its not happened on here yet, but can we keep the fans name off the site until its been officially announced.

I understand not all the family has been informed yet.

Also can we keep the petty point scoring and/or discussions of fans behaviour off this thread. Now is not the time.

Agree with what you are saying and requesting. I suggest the mods open a thread to discuss the bahaviour of supporters. Because sadly there is a growing trend again and supporters have to do what they can to stamp it out before it grows any further.

We do NOT know the circumstances, we are not in a position to assume so can we please not make accusations over the nature of our now dead, fellow, most probably loyal supporter and those involved, nobody will have intended for anyone to be killed but we will know more in the coming days. For all we know he may have been a fantastic young man who simply had too much to drink and got carried away, the other lads involved may be truly devastated for their roles whatever they were, in the incident. Tragic news, Rip.

Edited by savage90
  • Like 1