BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

I am going to the game wearing a black armband. I will also take a letter (addressed to John's spirit and his family) to place by Jack's statue, together with my ticket and coach slip for the game (all with 'RIP John Taylor x' written on), a 'Blues Bar' beermat on which I rested a pint after toasting his memory. I will also hold aloft the LET's from Monday ('Rovers mourn death of fan, 30') and today ('Let's win it for John') during the minute's silence.

Bit of a shame, that. I would have thought a Rover like John would have loved that flag going over, I know I wouldn't want it not to, if you see what I mean.

I can see both sides, but he felt it inappropriate and as he does all the hard work to make it happen, I would regard it as his call.

• Backroom

Yeah it was a shame someone had to ruin it especially with what looked like his family next to the pitch

The chant was a nice touch but I didn't join in, I didn't know the lad nor the circumstances around his death I wouldn't feel right if I joined in.

Yeah it was a shame someone had to ruin it especially with what looked like his family next to the pitch

The chant was a nice touch but I didn't join in, I didn't know the lad nor the circumstances around his death I wouldn't feel right if I joined in.

It was his family, i looked up and saw his little boy first. Heartbreaking.

Everyone around us in the Darwen End sang John Taylor`s name on & off throughout the game. There was a blue & white wreath with his name on one of the seats just across from us.

The minute`s silence was impeccable....apart form one numpty up in the Hull section. He was soundly booed once the minute was up. Pillock! :angry2:

• Like 1

Always going to get some morons, I've been to a few games that have had minutes of silence before a game and I've seen a few on the TV/heard on the radio and you very rarely get 100% silence. I was listening to Radio Lancs tonight and you could clearly hear abusive language from the guy with sh!t for brains, it was only brief and it was silent after it.

Always going to get some morons, I've been to a few games that have had minutes of silence before a game and I've seen a few on the TV/heard on the radio and you very rarely get 100% silence. I was listening to Radio Lancs tonight and you could clearly hear abusive language from the guy with sh!t for brains, it was only brief and it was silent after it.

Didnt hear what he said thankfully but u could hear people around him telling him to be quiet. I saw a wreath at the statue before we went in but were we were sat in the walkersteel couldnt see where his seat was or if flowers had been placed there or anything.

It was a Hull fan, and angry fans of either team responded with the odd comment (not disrespectfully, they were genuinely incensed).

Think there was a slight ruckus in the upper tier after, seemed to be words said. Hope he got lamped.

It was a Hull fan, and angry fans of either team responded with the odd comment (not disrespectfully, they were genuinely incensed).

Think there was a slight ruckus in the upper tier after, seemed to be words said. Hope he got lamped.

Really? Im sure Hull fans would have been disgusted aswell - not least cos it would have given them a bad name. Hope the bloke in question got kicked out the ground. Its about respect FFS.

Really? Im sure Hull fans would have been disgusted aswell - not least cos it would have given them a bad name. Hope the bloke in question got kicked out the ground. Its about respect FFS.

Not sure, but there seemed to be some anger from the Hull fans. I wager he got a clip round the ear from someone, as he was on his own being a moron. One Hull fan shouted back at him saying something like Shut the fff up

while i understand the reason behind people voicing their anger towards the tosser hull fan, they should of kept it in untill after the minute's silence.

while i understand the reason behind people voicing their anger towards the tosser hull fan, they should of kept it in untill after the minute's silence.

Was just one or two snapping back, but I agree.

I had my banner on the back of an England towel in the Darwen End if anyone saw.