BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

• Backroom

The inquest is ongoing. You can read about it here.

Urgh this sounds like such a needless waste of a young life.

I think its fair to say the policing and stewarding could possibly have been better but wrong that the lawyer seems to be trying to put some blame on Stoke for the bin not being fastened down. These aren't nursery children we are talking about here there is such a thing as personal responsibility or does that no longer exist.

Not enough evidence?? CCTV, proberly around 100 people witnessed it! The Police at there best!

Eh?!

The police quite clearly collected enough evidence or it wouldn't have ever made to inquest.

If you read the link above, it mentions both CCTV and witness statements - both of which would have been obtained by the police at the time of the incident.

At 'there' best indeed.

Also, as much as a tragedy as this is, if the lad has actually drunk excessive amounts, taken cocaine and intended to head a bin (as per the report), rather than try to protect himself/get out of the way of it - then nobody is more to blame than the lad himself.

To try and blame Stoke is nothing short of a disgrace.

Now the facts are out, hopefully his family can get some peace and move on in some way.

Eh?!

The police quite clearly collected enough evidence or it wouldn't have ever made to inquest.

If you read the link above, it mentions both CCTV and witness statements - both of which would have been obtained by the police at the time of the incident.

At 'there' best indeed.

I posted that 12 months ago when a statement came out saying there was lack of evidence, sorry for not being able to see into the future.

"But lawyers representing Mr Taylor's family want to know why the bin was not already permanently secured to the ground and why there were no stewards or police officers in the concourse at the time of the incident."

Leeches! Hardly much of a case for negligence here is there?

It was tragedy but there are lots of them in the papers everyday. In this case substance abuse and high spirits leading to loss of responsibility and stupid behaviour by John Taylor and the goons who were chucking stuff in the concourse. Have any of those been identified btw?

John Taylor won't be the first and he won't be the last. Move on.

Just as an aside, has behaviour improved markedly at subsequent BRFC away matches?

• Backroom

That's what I was saying Theno, people trying to put blame where there isn't any, hope it's not due to somebody being after a payout from Stoke.

Not in my experience - still the same old racist crap sung by scrotes.

Not good of course but that isn't life threatening is it?

Personally I don't really expect that the John Taylor issue will make one jot or iota of difference to people who didn't know him or witness it. I mean these things only happen to other people don't they? :unsure:

Not good of course but that isn't life threatening is it?

Personally I don't really expect that the John Taylor issue will make one jot or iota of difference to people who didn't know him or witness it. I mean these things only happen to other people don't they? :unsure:

I was at the Stoke game and didn't see any ' life threatening' behaviour, but sady one man lost his life through high jinks, nothing more, nothing less.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest linganzi

Misadventure verdict.

Some interesting points from the coroner. I can't see how limiting the sale of booze under the concourse would help in the future. Policing coaches is another tricky one.

His mother's comments raised an eyebrow.

pah im with his mother on this , everytime im at an away ground i have this uncontrolable urge to hoover loads of coke , drink loads and headbutt heavy bins, I wish someone would be vaguely responsible for me because I cant be bothered myself despite having a young family.

• Backroom

You can't blame his mum as she has lost a son which nobody should have to go through but I don't agree with her comments, he didn't need protecting if he was taking care of himself and it's wrong to try and look for blame (hopefully not a claim)

Edited by TCO

Guest linganzi

You can't blame his mum as she has lost a son which nobody should have to go through but I don't agree with her comments, he didn't need protecting if he was taking care of himself and it's wrong to try and look for blame (hopefully not a claim)

thats all im saying, I dont agree with her comments, its not fair to pin the blame of his stupidity on someone else.

its always the same with tradgedy, may be controvesial to say this , but look at hillsbrough, many people so so sadly died and a lot of people acted in an irresponsibe way, the police, the stadium liverpool hooligans, yet certain corners still want to apportion blame, somewhat tarnishing the dignity of the deads memory.

I dont want to go down the route of investigations a, b or c found out this or that I just think it is sad when death is seen in such a clinical fashion

same here, why wasnt this guy just left to a peaceful memory? now the predominant thing is that he got hammered and paid for being a plonker

I dont want to go down the route of investigations a, b or c found out this or that I just think it is sad when death is seen in such a clinical fashion

same here, why wasnt this guy just left to a peaceful memory? now the predominant thing is that he got hammered and paid for being a plonker

If someone dies under questionable circumstances then investigations are completely necessary. If there was criminal activity that led to someones death, or if future deaths can be prevented then of course we need to find out exactly what happened.

Guest linganzi

If someone dies under questionable circumstances then investigations are completely necessary. If there was criminal activity that led to someones death, or if future deaths can be prevented then of course we need to find out exactly what happened.

was it ever such a mystery? its just sad when death is so clinical.

All an investigation will do is add more policies that will infringe on others enjoyment or choices.

Realistically all that could possibly come from this is the bolting down of rubbish bins, curtailing the sale of beer and a fat cheque for mum.

All an investigation will do is add more policies that will infringe on others enjoyment or choices.

Realistically all that could possibly come from this is the bolting down of rubbish bins, curtailing the sale of beer and a fat cheque for mum.

You're saying that in hindsight.

The tone was very different on here before the inquest. A lot of people were thinking it was thrown at him as an attack for example.

There was differing opinions, hence the inquest.

And you're not going to think about jail someone until you properly establish the circumstances behind his death are you - which was the whole point of the inquest.

I think we are off the rails here.

What I meant is that they have ruled misadventure - leave it now.

If it had been ruled - idiot with bin, let the fool rot in some jail.

Do not ruin things for everyone because of some idiocy.

pah im with his mother on this , everytime im at an away ground i have this uncontrolable urge to hoover loads of coke , drink loads and headbutt heavy bins, I wish someone would be vaguely responsible for me because I cant be bothered myself despite having a young family.

I think the only thing that supports her is 25lbs is a bloody heavy bin and something that really should have been flagged up on a health and safety assessment of the concourse at the start of the season. Wouldn't have taken much effort to secure them to the floor or just remove them all together.

The rest of the blame has to rest with the guy himself and his mates. Taking coke at a football match is insane considering the excitement at a game already. Add substantial chemical encouragement and I'd probably end up running on the pitch if I did it! Anyway hopefully his death has taught a lot of people a lesson, Rovers fans have certainly seemed better behaved this season in the concourse at away games.