BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

I know, it's such a surreal, pathetic way to go.

It's not sinking in.

Feeling the same way Bryan but it's an emotion that's so hard to put in to words. No offence intended, but surreal and pathetic sums it up for me, too.

Feeling the same way Bryan but it's an emotion that's so hard to put in to words. No offence intended, but surreal and pathetic sums it up for me, too.

I know what you guys are going thru--I got hold of the news at 10:30 Eastern Time Sunday. I immediately read thru the 12+ pages (at the time) of this thread, desperate for more info I checked into all sorts of news outlets --but to no avail. A horrible feeling overcame my stomach, like something had bore a hole thru it. The breaking point came as I reviewed the Facebook page they'd set up in memoriam. One viewing of the snap w/ his lad broke my heart.

I tossed and turned until 3:30 ET... in fact, i'm still sickened by it. These things are not supposed to happen in a supposed 'civilized' culture. Still, I apologize if my feelings have invaded this post --just wanted to share my feelings with Rovers' supporters.

I just hope that JT's family obtain peace and tranquilitiy during this horrible time.

i agree with those who are exasperated with some of out 'fans' i think the only way to stop them is for the decent fans to get together and speak out... when anything happens.

Correct. But often the threat of mob violence deters such actions. Maybe the club should send it's own stewards to away matches to monitor and identify the culprits and ban them home and away for a season or two. Alternatively reporting them to the police and providing hard evidence should result in prosecution and an example to the rest.

Even better if this becomes a nationwide initiative and especially if the mob that represents MUaway find that their team have to play a few matches in front of empty seats.

Seeing his picture in the paper I made a startling discovery - I actually spent time with John before the game. In the concourse we were all singing and dancing to the various Rovers songs, as he high fived me and my friend. A real livewire, and seemed to have a genuine enthusiasm for Rovers. Can't get it out of my head at all, God may he rest in peace.

First of all I want to express how deeply saddening this event is. It's not just the fact that a man has died, but that he has left a kid behind. For me, there are few things more tragic. My condolences go out to those on here that knew him. I have to say, I think I might have seen him at games in the past - his face looks familiar.

I am also curious, however, and want to know a little more before I reach any wrong assumptions: am I right in thinking that, in reaction to the bar being closed at half time, Rovers fans became rowdy and ended up throwing a bin, which hit John Taylor on the head and subsequently killed him? This story about him trying to 'head it', being rubbish?

If true, then I hope this event will make people think twice before they engage in yobbish behaviour and drink beyond their limits.

Edited by tcj_jones

Correct. But often the threat of mob violence deters such actions. Maybe the club should send it's own stewards to away matches to monitor and identify the culprits and ban them home and away for a season or two. Alternatively reporting them to the police and providing hard evidence should result in prosecution and an example to the rest.

Even better if this becomes a nationwide initiative and especially if the mob that represents MUaway find that their team have to play a few matches in front of empty seats.

This happens at the majority of away games.

Infact I think bolton away was almost entirely BRFC stewards in the away stand.

First of all I want to express how deeply saddening this event is. It's not just the fact that a man has died, but that he has left a kid behind. For me, there are few things more tragic. My condolences go out to those on here that knew him. I have to say, I think I might have seen him at games in the past - his face looks familiar.

I am also curious, however, and want to know a little more before I reach any wrong assumptions: am I right in thinking that, in reaction to the bar being closed at half time, Rovers fans became rowdy and ended up throwing a bin, which hit John Taylor on the head and subsequently killed him? This story about him trying to 'head it', being rubbish?

If true, then I hope this event will make people think twice before they engage in yobbish behaviour and drink beyond their limits.

I'm hoping that the time to speculate has passed, maybe its time to leave the pursuit of facts up to the relevant authorities, and pray that they manage to piece it all together. Whichever scenario is the truth, the same important lessons need to be learned by certain members of our support. There can be no hiding behind speculation.

Its not a time to blame, its a time to learn.

• Like 2

Sad news for all concerned.

The news spread like wildfire around the supporters and the mood was ver sombre for the last 20 or so minutes. A family in front of me went down to go home after the 3rd goal went in but got turned back and the daughter who only looked about 12 was in tears after seeing the body.

Went down to Ewood this afternoon. Just felt I had to be there. There are shirts, flowers and scarves around Jack's statue, I saw a Liverpool/Celtic scarf, a Burnley scarf, an Arsenal scarf as well as various Rovers scarves. Sat on the bench opposite the statue for a bit, thinking of poor John and his family and of Jack. RIP.

Went down to Ewood this afternoon. Just felt I had to be there. There are shirts, flowers and scarves around Jack's statue, I saw a Liverpool/Celtic scarf, a Burnley scarf, an Arsenal scarf as well as various Rovers scarves. Sat on the bench opposite the statue for a bit, thinking of poor John and his family and of Jack. RIP.

Mum --

The scene you describe is a very touching but truly sad & beautiful scene. Would it be too morbid to ask someone to snap a picture of this scene at Jack's status for those of us that are too far away to pay our respect in the manner we'd like?

Cheers,

B/W

The scene you describe is a very touching but truly sad & beautiful scene. Would it be too morbid to ask someone to snap a picture of this scene at Jack's status for those of us that are too far away to pay our respect in the manner we'd like?

Sorry, I don't know how to do a link, but if you go on the website :- www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk and then key in 'minutes silence' into the search bit, a report together will picture will come up.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Terrible shame such a waste of a life :( RIP

Thoughts will be with his family he has left behind, especially his young son.

As an asian supporter am quite scared to go to away games going forwards as was planning to take my partner as well :(

Sanny,

Gutted you feel that way, but I understand. Not sure if I will attend an away game for a while. Being at Stoke on saturday and the tragic events have had real impact on me, and I dont really know how to express it.

RIP to John.

One Love BRFC