BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

Didnt hear what he said thankfully but u could hear people around him telling him to be quiet. I saw a wreath at the statue before we went in but were we were sat in the walkersteel couldnt see where his seat was or if flowers had been placed there or anything.

he shouted losers at the top of his voice. if it had been the other way around (a hull fan and one of our fans shouted it) they would of been rolling down the stairs

sambo where abouts was you sat? noticed a few banners around me in the DE tonight (was on the back row on the right hand said when facing the pitch)

Edited by dazmaz

We had a couple of mates over from Hull who found themselves sat near the bloke who shouted out, seems he was too drunk to realise what was going on.

Apparently the fellow Hull fan sat immediately in front of him turned round and smacked him so hard he couldn't breathe for the rest of the silence, never mind make any further noise.

It's a credit to everyone in the Darwen End (upper and lower) that the rest of the minute was observed in impeccable silence ... because usually after an unfortunate incident like that the whole thing degenerates.

I hope John's family found some solace through the respect of the 23,000 fans and both clubs tinykit.gif

• Like 2

I was in the BBE corner next to the Riverside and there were three people hugging each other and crying - who my mate is positive are members of his family. They are brave people to be there tonight and I have loads of respect for them.

Me and my cousin held a banner up to the left of the nets too. RIP John - the whole crowd were moved tonight.

• Backroom

We had a couple of mates over from Hull who found themselves sat near the bloke who shouted out, seems he was too drunk to realise what was going on.

Apparently the fellow Hull fan sat immediately in front of him turned round and smacked him so hard he couldn't breathe for the rest of the silence, never mind make any further noise.

It's a credit to everyone in the Darwen End (upper and lower) that the rest of the minute was observed in impeccable silence ... because usually after an unfortunate incident like that the whole thing degenerates.

I hope John's family found some solace through the respect of the 23,000 fans and both clubs tinykit.gif

I remember once maybe 10 years ago there was a minutes silence for someone I can't recall and we were playing Leeds, the Leeds fans started a 'One Don Revie' chant and the Rovers fans stayed remarkably calm until after the whistle was blown.

I remember once maybe 10 years ago there was a minutes silence for someone I can't recall and we were playing Leeds, the Leeds fans started a 'One Don Revie' chant and the Rovers fans stayed remarkably calm until after the whistle was blown.

most fans kept quiet tonight and alot joined in with the w@nker chant that was started (sounded like a few hull fans joined in as well, not 100% though)

This was one of the most moving silences I have ever been a part of at a football match, the pictures on the screen of him brought it home that it could have been any one of us. I think the Hull fans saw that and as football fans they observed the silence impeccably, they deserve to be thanked for the part they played.

• Like 1

I was sat on the DE last night and the moron that shouted out was treated with the disgust he deserved from both sets of fans. Regardless of the banter and insults that come with football, a death of a young Father is universally understood to be tragic and therefore there was no way that the Hull fans would let that incident go without comment either.

Extremely impressed with our fans. The chants really brought home the fact that we look out for each other and it was good to see the unity that a horrible event like this creates.

he shouted losers at the top of his voice. if it had been the other way around (a hull fan and one of our fans shouted it) they would of been rolling down the stairs

sambo where abouts was you sat? noticed a few banners around me in the DE tonight (was on the back row on the right hand said when facing the pitch)

Same corner as you, just around 2 rows above the bouquet left in John's seat.

Just below that control room, second row from the top.

I was on my own for this one, bit of a mop head :P

Mine was on the back of an England towel saying RIP John Taylor

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe with so many witnesses, that nobody has been charged for the incident. Somebody gets killed, and the person/s responsible are walking around a free man. Anywaym, RIP Sir…

with due respect, you didn't witness it. I accept though you are probably thinking what many are thinking who weren't there.

I think those of us who genuinely witnessed this absolutely tragic incident, and have a basic understanding of law, will understand why nobody has been charged.

with due respect, you didn't witness it. I accept though you are probably thinking what many are thinking who weren't there.

I think those of us who genuinely witnessed this absolutely tragic incident, and have a basic understanding of law, will understand why nobody has been charged.

I agree - Iv spoke to people who saw it & it would be awful for anyone to be charged for it...just daft fools play gone wrong!!