BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

Desperately hope that the injured lad pulls through with no permanent damage and that this is the low point of awful behaviour associated with Rovers. Things clearly need to change and change immediately.

The BBC report of this incident of Rover on Rover violence is the number one most read item on the global BBC web site now.

People are jumping the gun a bit implying those involved are scum. Apparently the injured man was involved in the bin throwing (not sure if it's true though). I don't think there was any intention for anyone to get seriously hurt, it was (sadly) a bunch of ###### up lads acting the goat. Obviously if there was malice, the person needs to be severely dealt with, but I think people (including me) need to know the facts first.

Pray he pulls through.

• Like 1

Obviously don't know the full facts so not really much to say except I hope the lad pulls through and my thoughts are with his family.

As for the knobs amongst the Rovers fans - incidents of fighting, threats and breaking seats etc have become progressively worse over the last 12 months, it's very unpleasant and obviously something needs to be done somehow. I love the songs and standing up (at the back) but I must say those that take it too far really do spoil the experience for me sometimes.

People are jumping the gun a bit implying those involved are scum. Apparently the injured man was involved in the bin throwing (not sure if it's true though). I don't think there was any intention for anyone to get seriously hurt, it was (sadly) a bunch of ###### up lads acting the goat. Obviously if there was malice, the person needs to be severely dealt with, but I think people (including me) need to know the facts first.

Pray he pulls through.

How can you even think that? Please explain to all of us that don't follow the logic in your statement how exactly do people think that throwing a bin around in a crowd of people is "just acting the goat" or "just having a laugh" or any of the other pathetic excuses that are routinely trotted out today for what is actually criminally irresponsible loutish behaviour. How ANYONE can even begin to imagine that this sort of behaviour is "just fun" is beyond belief, and shows yet again just how far down the road to ruination society has gone over the last 50 years or so.

Seriously Sambo I am genuinely interested in hearing what you have to say by way of explanation and how you arrived at the conclusion you stated above (in bold).

• Like 2

How can you even think that? Please explain to all of us that don't follow the logic in your statement how exactly do people think that throwing a bin around in a crowd of people is "just acting the goat" or "just having a laugh" or any of the other pathetic excuses that are routinely trotted out today for what is actually criminally irresponsible loutish behaviour. How ANYONE can even begin to imagine that this sort of behaviour is "just fun" is beyond belief, and shows yet again just how far down the road to ruination society has gone over the last 50 years or so.

Seriously Sambo I am genuinely interested in hearing what you have to say by way of explanation and how you arrived at the conclusion you stated above (in bold).

I'm not saying I'd throw a bin around. But going to the away games, a lot of them are idiots, and in their drunken stupor (some of them are absolutely smashed) they do ridiculous things. It's wrong, they deserve to be punished, but I don't think they intended for anyone to get hurt - just their lack of a brain means they see it as acceptable behaviour. I never said it's "just fun", but I don't think there is sufficient evidence yet to suggest there was the intention to kill someone. I was told that the lads were (stupidly) throwing it amongst themselves, but who knows.

I'm not saying I'd throw a bin around. But going to the away games, a lot of them are idiots, and in their drunken stupor (some of them are absolutely smashed) they do ridiculous things. It's wrong, they deserve to be punished, but I don't think they intended for anyone to get hurt - just their lack of a brain means they see it as acceptable behaviour. I never said it's "just fun", but I don't think there is sufficient evidence yet to suggest there was the intention to kill someone. I was told that the lads were (stupidly) throwing it amongst themselves, but who knows.

Just as an aside and I'm not wanting to divert or lay any blame but what were the stewards doing if people were chucking wheelie bins around?

In your desperation to be outraged you have completely misread/misinterpreted what Sambo said.

Anyway, good to hear the lad is still with us, fingers crossed he pulls through and certain members of our travelling support learn their lesson without the need for tragedy.

I think you need to read his post again. Sambo's point was quite clear.

In your desperation to be outraged you have completely misread/misinterpreted what Sambo said.

Anyway, good to hear the lad is still with us, fingers crossed he pulls through and certain members of our travelling support learn their lesson without the need for tragedy.

I agree.

Sambo is a young lad but I have always found his posts well worth reading.

There were plenty of scrotes there today, but to me, those same people are the ones that now frequent Blackburn on friday and saturday night.

The new Blackburn Youth does not compare with the original.

My uncle and I intend to come into Blackburn and watch the Rovers play Birmingham, spend a week touring whiskey distilleries, and then watch the Rovers at Tottenham before flying out again.

Any suggestions as to what areas to buy tickets in for the Rovers v. Birmingham and the Spurs v. Rovers? Our objective would be to avoid the areas with poor fan behavior.

Don't even begin to worry about it. At Ewood you will be perfectly OK in any area. At the Tottenham game I'd suggest the away following will be small so there should be plenty of empty seats to move to if you are uncomfortable with those around you.

While I realise there are reports of a hooligan element amongst Rovers support I haven't seen any trouble at away matches, or heard any of the racist chanting. At Villa I found myself stood on the steps as I couldn't get to my seat and did get knocked down when we scored our second. After that I moved down the stand a bit and found some empty seats amongst the more sedate fans.

Don't worry yourself, it isn't a widespread problem

• Like 1

My uncle and I intend to come into Blackburn and watch the Rovers play Birmingham, spend a week touring whiskey distilleries, and then watch the Rovers at Tottenham before flying out again.

Any suggestions as to what areas to buy tickets in for the Rovers v. Birmingham and the Spurs v. Rovers? Our objective would be to avoid the areas with poor fan behavior.

First attempts should be to buy tickets in the Jack Walker stand, lower tier, Blackburn End side, as close as is possible to the home dugout and as far back as is possible.

I agree.

Sambo is a young lad but I have always found his posts well worth reading.

There were plenty of scrotes there today, but to me, those same people are the ones that now frequent Blackburn on friday and saturday night.

The new Blackburn Youth does not compare with the original.

Thanks, as I do with your posts :)

The whole thing is tragic, this shouldn't happen at football. There isn't excuses for bin throwing, or being way past the level of intoxicated. They're stupid, but some people are jumping to the conclusions that the incident was done by hooligans. Maybe they were intent on acting stupid, but I don't think for one second they intended to kill/seriously injure the man. Obviously if it was an attack, or done in anger (I heard on RoversMad that some were kicking off as they'd stopped selling beer) than they should be locked up for a very long time. However, it could be a case of people not thinking of the consequences of their actions and just acting in a typical drunk way (granted, a lot of people are above such loutish behaviour when drunk).

I just hope that the truth is uncovered and sufficient measures are taken.

By the way, I am not condoning the behaviour of a proportion of our fans at away games, but some people seem to be alluding that it was intentional, which at the moment is unfounded.

• Like 1

Am I right in believing this lot only go to away games and don't attend home games?

I think they don't attend home games. If so, where do they sit? I never see these sort of people in N05, unless they're dotted around and release their idiotic side when we go away. I love to sing at away games, love to stand at the back and am very passionate but never cross the line.