BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

I love to sing at away games, love to stand at the back and am very passionate but never cross the line.

...and that's what it's all about Sambo, I am exactly the same. I just hope the day doesn't come where people like you and me are not classed in the same way as the idiots that do go too far.

:brfc:

You've already crossed a very significant line by standing up! IT IS ILLEGAL!:angry: The thin end of this wedge is connected to fans standing without a doubt. Whether standing terraces are allowed or not is one thing but this is another matter. If there are no standing areas people must be made to sit down and that includes the numpties that follow MU who started the stupidity simply through defiant attitude.

To turn a blind eye to such is to move the line in the sand that Lord Taylor drew up through complete necessity after Heyschel and Hillsborough. Basically it is giving way to lawlessness.

Edited by thenodrog

My thoughts and best wishes go out to the friends and family of this guy.

I was at the match and saw the bottles and then the bin being thrown around. I stayed well back as did the steward I was talking to (couldn't balme him in the slightest). The whole scene really affected me and I can't believe how we can ever have this kind of idoacy inside any ground.

I was at Ewood park for the sunderland game over christmas. There were at that game sunderland supporters sat in the JW. My wife and I always sit in the JW when we go to games. As we can not get to many games we prefer to spend the extra ticket price to sit in the JW. During that game, those sunderland supporters mocked / abused the Rovers supporters everytime sunderland scored. Thenodrog, it is not the area where a seat is, but the person that sits on that seat.

Going to Fulham away is not an unpleasent ground to go to, I would say it was a good day out (apart from the result)

I went to WHU last week, no problems with WHU supporters / stewards. The only problem I had was when a Rovers supporter sat next to me was singing '442 my lord 442'. This one turned round to me when he noticed I wasn't singing along, and said I was a not a true supporter because I didn't sing the song.

Going to wigan via coach from ewood park was not unpleasent. But half time on the concourse was a nightmare and a disgrace. People were squashed just trying to get out of the gents. The car park well that was a disgrace.

Some grounds it can be pleasent to take a child / women other places it cannot be.

Maybe the scheme could be introduced as a pilot scheme and restricted to JW ST holders only then Pafell. imo People sit on the JW stand and not behind the goals for two reasons.

1. A much better view of a match.

and

2. To maintain as much distance as possible from sight and sound of the low life adolescents.

Most people should mature away from the BBE in their 20's.

Edited by thenodrog

A sad sad day, rovers fans killing each other. It's an embarassment. How have these people not been found out before as clearly they have been causing trouble for a while. It's taken a tragedy like this which was inevitably going to happen because of these mindless idiots.

What to do next? Divide the away support in two? Thats just encouraging trouble. They should be identified and banned. We don't want English football to fall into the same situation as football here, where taking kids to the match is a complete no no....why?...because they divided the support as people said instead of banning them....so we have a stand of 'ultras' (mindless idiots) at every game.

One thing we do have here, in the games likely to have trouble is the police set up a courthouse in the stadium. Fans causing trouble get arrested, charged and straight to jail. Im sure the English red tape bull**** would put paid to that idea though.

I look forward to the inevitable backlash towards us, so people hate us even more, and hopefully it will make the club act...identify them....cant be that bloody hard...and don't sell them a ticket!!!

RIP

I was at this game, and bought two plastic bottles of beer before the game. The tops were removed "as they could be used as a missile"

How the hell can it be possible to use a bin as a missile but a bottle top is forbidden? Why was the bin not firmly fixed to the ground?

I am devestated to hear the news of this lad passing away, devastated.

What is the point of stewards if they stand to one side and watch this unfold?

Unbelievable set of circumstances.

RIP Fella, and to Preston Blues nephew

Edited by padihampedro

My thoughts and best wishes go out to the friends and family of this guy.

I stayed well back as did the steward I was talking to (couldn't balme him in the slightest).

If this is true he is a disgrace as a steward he has failed in his duty , i would never ever stand well back and let someone else deal with it vital seconds would be lost that could mean the difference between life and death

In an emerency situation sometimes the only thing we can do is dive in, at rovers this action would bring lots of stewards to my asistance and any trouble would be sorted very quickly.

Condolences to the family of this lad and to Preston blue for his loss

Maybe the scheme could be introduced as a pilot scheme and restricted to JW ST holders only then Pafell. imo People sit on the JW stand and not behind the goals for two reasons.

1. A much better view of a match.

and

2. To maintain as much distance as possible from sight and sound of the low life adolescents.

Most people should mature away from the BBE in their 20's.

or we could just have a section for far superior human beings, we could name it after yourself..........

This news has really rocked me, firstly why did stewards\ police not intervene before this incident happens.

It's a very tragic death that should have been prevented

condolences to family and friends

Unfortunately They have decided to turn the life support off.

From the reports on here of people who saw the distress of the eye witnesses (and also Abbeys original topic title) it sounds like it was only the life support that was keeping the poor chap alive.

What a waste of a life.

freedom of speech and uninhibited behaviour has gone too far.

Incorrect. That went years ago. Correct with the second though.

Im taking a back seat from Rovers, for the rest of the season. This incident, has made me realise that there is more to life than just football. A few points to consider:

1. Alcohol/Beer should either not be allowed at the ground, or limited to 1 per fan.

2. Those who drink, should be sat near the front instead of the back. The club, should check with each ticket sold if they drink or not.

3. People who take their kids, should be sat near the back.

Those are just suggestions, and there are many other factors which will not make it possible.

To the fan who died:

R.I.P, may the heavens open up for you, may the angels be your guide and protect you, and know that you will be able to meet uncle Jack R.I.P.

Very sad sad day.

Isgak

• Like 1

R.I.P to the young man.....its appears at the moment to have been a tragic ACCIDENT fuelled by too much Beer.

Can those Rovers fans stating 'what is our club coming to' and saying they will stay away from Ewood PLEASE get a grip of themselves and reality.

This tragic ACCIDENT is not the fault of our beloved club,Rovers and Ewood park is a safe place to watch football in a mostly friendly atmosphere.Rovers fans as a whole have a good reputation.

Please think before making these OTT comments as the media are no doubt waiting to put the boot in.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

If this is true he is a disgrace as a steward he has failed in his duty , i would never ever stand well back and let someone else deal with it vital seconds would be lost that could mean the difference between life and death

In an emerency situation sometimes the only thing we can do is dive in, at rovers this action would bring lots of stewards to my asistance and any trouble would be sorted very quickly.

Condolences to the family of this lad and to Preston blue for his loss

I think you mis-read me, he stood well back of bottles and a massive heavy bin being thrown. Something I cana't fault him for.

You insensitive barsteward!! I f!!king detest this quote. I cant believe a fellow Rovers fan could choose such words. I dont know you and to be honest would choose not to know you after a comment like that.

He's right Jim. If I'd been asked to guess who posted that without knowing, your name would have been the first I came up with. Not good is it?

• Like 1

What is going on? Why were people throwing bins around? Why were they throwing them at their own fans? Why would you try and head a, presumably heavy, bin?

Looks like an accident but what a stupid accident and something we really did not need at the moment.

Minutes silence next home game would be in order.

My condolences to the family.

spot on. let`s make a major effort to get our house(the united kingdom) in order as a priority over everything else. it`s not just moaning as i spend quite a bit of time abroad and the youth are nothing like they are here(and they still love their lives and enjoy themselves). it needs sorting and fast before it gets worse.

freedom of speech and uninhibited behaviour has gone too far.

There is too little freedom of speech and respect for others.

From what I've read I did something similar celebrating passing my driving test many moons ago. Young lads do daft things, sometimes they do bloody stupid things and then pay a terrible price for it. There by the grace of god go I.

R.I.P lad

Amen to that deryck. I go cold when I think of some of the escapes that I have had. Also a worry to have kids around that age not knowing what they are up to every minute of the day.

Please say that you aren't going to point score over your nemesis on this. Cut it out.

I will when I see a retraction.

Okay I was one of the witnesses and have given my evidence to the police already. The lad was on our coach to the game, and had been a number of times before.

I don't know what to say on here, just that I couldn't get to him in time. The paramedics were quick to take over just as we'd got him on his back and were starting CPR, I'd tried to stop the bleeding with my jacket and another lady was helping him before me she tried her best also. The paramedics were working on him for a while whilst I was there.

Nobody attacked him, another guy at the station filmed it all on his phone, he said that the lad had tried to header the bin.

This is the most important post on this thread.

Hopefully it will end all the speculative posts about what happened.

4ever&ever acted with commendable public-spiritedness but most importantly simple humanity. He was and is willing to get involved and assist no matter how awful the circumstances and to follow-through in the way an upstanding citizen should do.

Deepest condolences both to the family of the man who died and to Preston Blue for his loss.

My heart goes out to all who are involved and traumatised by this incident.

• Like 1