BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clarke Carlisle

I didn't see countdown but was sober? that would be a rarity in itself.

Apparently he'd clearly been on the sauce on Friday night after his performance against pompey.

Anyone see MotD ? Clarke may be intelligent by footballers' standards but he didn't look too clever against Pompey on Saturday. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Yep! he basically got slated for doing the countdown thing during a season, when his team are sh!te and he was terrible on saturday!

Yep! he basically got slated for doing the countdown thing during a season, when his team are sh!te and he was terrible on saturday!

He's forging a great career on TV shows. Last week he was on Countdown and on Saturday he was the Weakest Link. :D

btw I even heard that from a Dingle. ^_^

He's forging a great career on TV shows. Last week he was on Countdown and on Saturday he was the Weakest Link. :D

btw I even heard that from a Dingle. ^_^

I'll put that on the site - it's a cracker!! :lol:

Can anyone deliver a logical reason why a footballer can play on a Saturday & that performance be affected by a pre-recorded quiz show recorded some days before?

Carlisle was on MOTD 2 a few weeks back and he spoke more sense in 5 minutes than the usual punters can manage to spout in a year.

They go ......"He's come & he's hit it with his left peg & he'll be disappointed with that...."

or

"He's entitled to go down."

Groan.

Even though he plays for the wrong team, or perhaps the right team after comments about his most recent performance, Clarke seems a reasonably articulate guy. When at QPR he made an effort to talk to youth players about not living the high life and boozing away like he did when he was younger. At least he's not the usual kind of inane rubbish you get.

• 7 years later...

Archived