BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hannover 96 cannot turn their dire season around and they are relegated, Rovers would surely be interested in Jan Schlaudraff and Christian Schulz.

Hertha Berlin too have Patrick Ebert who has bags of talent,but has conpletely lost his way,maybe Sam can do a rescue job on him,he's still only a young lad.

All 3 could be got pretty cheap if their clubs go down for around £2 million.

I'd much sooner get rid of Chimbonda than Jacobsen and would like to see what Reid can do for the rest of the season before we make a decision to let him go. Perhaps giving him a 6-12 month extension might be a good idea?

Reid has already had 6 months this season and proved nothing....thats on top of the last 3 seasons! How much time does 1 want?!?! :blink:

As for Chimbonda - im sorry but he's a far better player - every player has dips in form, when he 1st came in he was quality. Give him time to prove you wrong!

That's a shame. You can tell he has plenty of talent but unfortunately it hasn't quite come off for him.

I still feel that he would be the ideal foil for Kalinic though. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see that pairing now that we're relatively safe.

I have to agree I feel FDS and Niko (If played together and got a good 10 game partership) could be very fruitful and bring in lots of goals Iwould love us to try these 2 however with how well sam has done with the current system I cant see this happening however would stilll like us to sign Franco. I hope he scores winner at the TURD - he would have to stay then winning goal in both derbies :)

There both young and in the next 2-3 years could form a perfect partnership for us in my opinion but will Chelsea want him back?

Nicko - Do Chelsea want him back r has he agreed something else ;-)

Nicko - Do Chelsea want him back r has he agreed something else ;-)

I don't want to say too much on that one...things wll become apparent at the end of the season.

But I would say there is about a 10 per cent chance of him staying now.

Our midfield has way too many players (13 serious possibilities).....so who would you cut? We can only have a squad of 25 next season...

Wings - Diouf, MGP, Hoilett, Emerton

Middle - Grella, NZonzi, Andrews, Dunn, Basturk, Liganzi, Reid

Others who can play in midfield - Salgado, Olsson

Reid has already had 6 months this season and proved nothing....thats on top of the last 3 seasons! How much time does 1 want?!?! :blink:

As for Chimbonda - im sorry but he's a far better player - every player has dips in form, when he 1st came in he was quality. Give him time to prove you wrong!

He isn't getting that much game time though and that may be down to him not being fit enough yet. Or it could just be that Sam just doesn't fancy him in which case it would be best to let him go. I guess my reason for wanting to keep him on is that I'm still reminded of what he's capable of and if he can ever reproduce that again then we'd have a very good player on our hands. However, that is a very big if...

Regarding Chimbonda and Jacobsen, I'd still opt for the latter. Granted, he hasn't done anything spectacular but at the same time he hasn't put a foot wrong. Chimbonda on the other hand has had some very good games but also some shockers. Add to that he's a bit of a tit, more likely to raise a fee and undoubtedly on much bigger wages.

I think Reid will go, possibly Andrews, unlikely Grella (unless he breaks down again).

Think Linganzi will be loaned out next year to a League 1 or Championship side for the season, doubt he stays and plays.

Nicko I have suspected for a while that something behind the scenes has happened with FDS, possibly an off the field incident, which resulted in him being dropped to the reserves. Your comments about him not coming back seem to back this idea up.

I know you are loathe to say anything until the end of the season, but can you tell me if I am at least in the ballpark on this one?

Edit: If Chimbonda goes, and I agree that one of him/Salgado/Jacobsen should, then we need to get another left back I think. We have Olsson, who may actually be more of a wing back or even winger, Givet who is better at centre half, and Chimbonda who is better on the right.

as long as we keep grella i'll be happy. he's the best central midfielder at the club and needs longer than a season to prove his fitness. i'd rather see reid, andrews and basturk (unless he gets some time to prove himself) go first.

He isn't getting that much game time though and that may be down to him not being fit enough yet.

Regarding Chimbonda and Jacobsen, I'd still opt for the latter. Granted, he hasn't done anything spectacular but at the same time he hasn't put a foot wrong. Chimbonda on the other hand has had some very good games but also some shockers. Add to that he's a bit of a tit, more likely to raise a fee and undoubtedly on much bigger wages.

1st bit....you have said it yourself. Not fit enough - he hasnt been for the best part of the last 3 1/2 years - sorry but its time to go! 1 goal at Wigan isnt enough after all this time!

2nd bit - Chimbo can play left, right or centre - Jacobsen just on the right. I dont disagree he has done anything wrong, but Salgado & Chimbonda are both better players & also both are more versatile.

as long as we keep grella i'll be happy. he's the best central midfielder at the club and needs longer than a season to prove his fitness.

This is his second season...

Surely he's only going to get worse with age?

• Backroom

I'd be OK with Dindane coming here as a replacement for Roberts. He can't be much worse than "Big" Jase at hitting the back of the net, after all. For a sensible fee it's a decent enough deal, though I'm still not a huge fan of Dindane and will be wary until proven otherwise.

a full season with allardyce i mean. ince time doesn't count as nobody was actually playing in any positions.

i reckon next season will be his season, and if he manages 20 games that'd be great. he's better than n'zonzi when fit (ideally it would be the two of them together as holding midfielders with someone in front) so it would be silly to let him go. we aren't going to get a load for him. might as well sell dunn if we are just selling because of injury . we'd get more for him and be able to bring in a decent attacking midfielder (not as god as dunn but who could actually play a season).

Do you mean form or injury wise? I'm not sure its as clearcut as his injuries will get worse with age. Look at Dunny - his run at the start of this season was his longest run of games in about 7 years I believe.

I'm not too sure about signing Dindane on a permanent deal. I would have been happy enough to have had him on loan until the end of the season. But £2.5 million is a lot of money to spending on a guy that doesn't score a lot of goals. At the weekend, Sam was talking about how we were a finisher away from winner that game. Well Aruna Dindane is not that finisher. I would hope that we would finally add some creativity to the midfield, whether it be some wingers or a centre midfielder.

In: Aruna Dindane (not may choice, but appears to be happening. Would much prefer Demba Ba of Hoffenheim, if we are looking for a physical striker with pace. He's a good finisher too. His strike partner at Hoffenheim, Vedad Ibisic is a quality finisher and would help us with our goal scoring problems), Senijad Ibricic (strongly linked with him in January, would love to have him at the club), Alexander Hleb (a possible loan move? He wants out of Stuttgart, he won't play at Barcelona and says that he would like to go back to the Premiership. His wages could be a problem, but we could ask), Memhet Topal (another player linked with us in January, that would certainly add some creativity in the centre of the pitch), Zvjezdan Misimović (he's another classy central midfielder, who's future at Wolfsburg is in some doubt and he really would make us a better team).

Out: Diouf, Roberts, Zurab, Reid (wouldn't mind if he stayed, but on hugely reduced terms), Pedersen, Andrews.

Nicko I have suspected for a while that something behind the scenes has happened with FDS, possibly an off the field incident, which resulted in him being dropped to the reserves. Your comments about him not coming back seem to back this idea up.

I know you are loathe to say anything until the end of the season, but can you tell me if I am at least in the ballpark on this one?

There is nothing sinister about it. Just not working the way people wanted it to...the player, the club.

But there is still a bit of time to go this season, so maybe things will improve.

I don't want to say too much on that one...things wll become apparent at the end of the season.

But I would say there is about a 10 per cent chance of him staying now.

Let me guess, Coyle is in for him and he wants to play for a proper footballing side :lol:

Sorry I couldnt resist.

Where did the other Pompey forward come from - Piquione (sp?)....is he available cheap?

He seems like a better player than Dindane - although to be fair to Dindane, on the occasions iv seen him this season, he has looked good!

Let me guess, Coyle is in for him and he wants to play for a proper footballing side :lol:

Sorry I couldnt resist.

Was it that obvious? :lol:

Where did the other Pompey forward come from - Piquione (sp?)....is he available cheap?

He seems like a better player than Dindane - although to be fair to Dindane, on the occasions iv seen him this season, he has looked good!

Piquionne belongs to Lyon. Funnily enough he has done quite well, so his value has probably risen during his loan spell at Portsmouth.

Not a bad player, scores different types of goals. Could do worse. But Dindane is in front of him in the Rovers queue.

Piquionne belongs to Lyon. Funnily enough he has done quite well, so his value has probably risen during his loan spell at Portsmouth.

Not a bad player, scores different types of goals. Could do worse. But Dindane is in front of him in the Rovers queue.

One reason - Cost?!

Arrrrgh...

Still haven't revovered from the January transfer window yet. Do we really need this so early?

Rovers are in a strong position to plan for next season.

You know what you need, you have a rough idea of finances.

There is money left from January - the cash that was going to go on Dindane then is surely still there.

Hoilett is staying. The only question is about Pedersen's future, which is a clearer picture than most have just now.

Archived