BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it so quiet surrounding him at the moment? Is there something about him we don't know? I expected him to be snapped up by now.

I wondered that myself. That only two reasons I can think of are

a] he's injured until the end of the season so couldn't pass a medical anywhere yet

b] British clubs can't legally negotiate with him until the final month of his contract

Even so, that's not normally enough to stop rumours flying around.

He'll join one of the Italian top 5 sides in July and for around 7-8 million Euros,thats why i never mentioned him in my post yesterday.

I agree though he is a top player.

Maybe if I say we should buy him enough times it will happen. He'd be perfect for our squad, Sam has been utilising the versatility of our squad a lot this season and there's few more versatile than Kacar who can play in any central position on the field basically... and be awesome each time. BUY HIM!

Ledley has been injured. That is why the trail went quiet during January.

I wondered that myself. That only two reasons I can think of are

a] he's injured until the end of the season so couldn't pass a medical anywhere yet

b] British clubs can't legally negotiate with him until the final month of his contract

Even so, that's not normally enough to stop rumours flying around.

Ahhh. Well there you have it then.

But yes, you would expect more rumours. Could the injury be more serious than is being let on? He would be great for us.

Jacobsen is injured a lot though but Chimbonda always looks like he's going to be sent off! I was happy with Warnock but I guess that's another story!

We were all happy with warnock but the other story is he wanted to leave.,

Blow all the money on Gojko Kacar, Hertha are getting relegated and he's been injured for a lot of this season, so the price should go down quite a bit. Don't let United get him!

Yesterday when I was responding to this topic, there was a midfielder that I wanted to mention, but just couldn't remember. Gojko Kacar was that player. He's a fantastic player and should be in the Serbian team if he recovers in time for the World Cup. He can also play in defence, but it's in the centre of midfield where he was at his best for Hertha Berlin and scored a lot of goals for them.

I think that it's reasonable to say that Sam will be looking at games in the World Cup as a way of identifying players that we could bring in. The World Cup is always a way of unheard of players making a name for themselves.

Yesterday when I was responding to this topic, there was a midfielder that I wanted to mention, but just couldn't remember. Gojko Kacar was that player. He's a fantastic player and should be in the Serbian team if he recovers in time for the World Cup. He can also play in defence, but it's in the centre of midfield where he was at his best for Hertha Berlin and scored a lot of goals for them.

I think that it's reasonable to say that Sam will be looking at games in the World Cup as a way of identifying players that we could bring in. The World Cup is always a way of unheard of players making a name for themselves.

Yes and they get overpriced and quite often don't live up to expectations. By all means look but be prepared to do a lot of other research and scouting too.

Is their right winger the one we were looking at last season?

AL Muhammadi? Yes- He is however, to my knowledge, set on moving to Sunderland in summer after his move there fell through due to his club raising their valuation of the player after a good ACN

What do people think about Mohamed Zidan? I haven't seen him that much, but following from news reports, it seems that whenever anything good happens for Egypt it stems from him. He plays in a decent league for a decent team as well.

What do people think about Mohamed Zidan? I haven't seen him that much, but following from news reports, it seems that whenever anything good happens for Egypt it stems from him. He plays in a decent league for a decent team as well.

Good player, but a bit of a dodgy character.. He had a lot of problems off the pitch earlier, at least.

Zidan is decent, but never scored enough (sound familiar?). Also has had a few episodes off the pitch but who doesn't these days... He's not really a regular in Germany, and not always a starter for Egypt, he's also not the type of player we need in my eyes.

Yes and they get overpriced and quite often don't live up to expectations. By all means look but be prepared to do a lot of other research and scouting too.

Very true. El Hadji Diouf would be a prime example. Played a blinder at the 2002 World Cup, got his big move to the Premiership and has been useless ever since.

how about Abouterika egyptian midfielder/2nd striker would be a good acquisition

Egypts best player. Still playing in Egypt i think, but more of a creative midfielder. He is a player i suggested to the club, but nothing came of it.

Boyd is a tricky one, he most certainly knows where the goal is, but doesn't really do much else. Definitly not quick or great in the air, but he is clinical.

Available on a free? Rangers cannot pay him decent money but if McLeish comes in for him with Barry being there as well, I reckon he'd sign for them.

I'd rather we moved for his youthful team mate Fleck.

"The Ibrox side have offered the returning Scotland striker £18,000-a-week contract to stop him walking out for nothing."

Not a bad freebie - an improvement on Jason Roberts anyway, and it gives us a natural goalscorer!

There's way too much crap that gets written about Boydy. Lets deal in facts. He's scored more SPL goals than Henrik Larsson did. 63 of those were for Kilmarnock (ie, not an Old Firm team). Would you have taken Larsson when he left C_ltic? He was 32 at the time - Boyd is 26.

He would be the best finisher we've had at this club since Shearer. He's that good in front of goal.

Archived