BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his friend thedonoffrome

wrote:Is shocked to hear the Blackburn manager offered his resignation this week unless some assurances was given about signings and his future.

and also:

@SaurinShah72 Do not give up in your pursuit of your dreams. Hoping you can provide Blackburn Rovers a strong future. Good luck.

and

@SaurinShah72 Wishing you the best of luck with the Blackburn bid, really hope you can come to an agreement and purchase Rovers.

his friend thedonoffrome

wrote:Is shocked to hear the Blackburn manager offered his resignation this week unless some assurances was given about signings and his future.

and also:

@SaurinShah72 Do not give up in your pursuit of your dreams. Hoping you can provide Blackburn Rovers a strong future. Good luck

and

@SaurinShah72 Wishing you the best of luck with the Blackburn bid, really hope you can come to an agreement and purchase Rovers.

I am thedonoffrome and do not know S Shah personally. I follow him on twitter. They are my personal opinions and I see no problem for hoping for a takeover to be completed if they have the money to take us forward.

I am thedonoffrome and do not know S Shah personally. I follow him on twitter. They are my personal opinions and I see no problem for hoping for a takeover to be completed if they have the money to take us forward.

Because they have no affinity for Rovers and the possibilities for disaster are endless. Did nobody learn anything from the banking crisis? The premier league is unsustainable. Its going to go pop big time sooner or later and these foreign investors will vanish quick smart. Its greed greed greed from the players, the clubs, the agents, the leagues, the TV companies and the FANS. Its bloody stupid.

Because they have no affinity for Rovers and the possibilities for disaster are endless. Did nobody learn anything from the banking crisis? The premier league is unsustainable. Its going to go pop big time sooner or later and these foreign investors will vanish quick smart. Its greed greed greed from the players, the clubs, the agents, the leagues, the TV companies and the FANS. Its bloody stupid.

What's the alternative? Neglect and a subsequent slow death under The Walker Trust? We are told that the Indian consortium has a plan to take the club forward in a sustainable way. Why rubbish it before it has even seen the light of day?

Doom mongers, naysayers and hand wringers have been predicting/hoping for the demise of The Premier league for about 18 years.

Thats my point. We all have to jump on the same bandwagon. Foreign investment and wait till it either all goes pop or we all reach a status quo and the owners get bored and bugger off. Even Abromivich has seen the light.Letting players like J Cole go for free just to get them off the wage bill.

But like you say, Whats the alternative. Like I said, bloody stupid.

AlanK has got it 100% right.

The form of ownership we have now is likely to be a big advantage to Rovers in the coming years.

I know I have been urging calm and caution saying deals take a long time to be concluded which are right for all sides but if there were no extremely worrying question marks over the potential purchasers, their intentions and continued funding, a deal in principle would have been done by now.

People here are extremely cynical but you really have to take the Trust at their word. The fact they say little and infrequently does not invalidate what they do say.

They will sell to owners in whose hands Rovers will have a better future than in their's. That is what they have said they will do and no doubt at some point is what will happen.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the Trust prefers to do its work silently. Therefore any potential purchaser be it a Dan Williams or a Saurin Shah/Chris Nathaniel who has plenty to say before completing the basics is not of the style the Trust likes to do business with.

I had hoped the rumoured silent bidder would be the bidder who has the resources and the long term commitment but if he has been around for six months, I return to my comment above. If they really have the best interests of the club at heart, the deal would have been done in principle by now and it clearly has not happened.

The great news for Rovers' fans is we have extremely good owners in whose hands we are as safe as we could be given the poverty and lack of numbers of the fan base which is such a massive turn-off to pretty well all commercial interests which do not have some other affinity to the club or town. If anyone doubts my comments. look at the Bleacher Report article posted here last week and ask if you would be happy buying into Rovers if you were not a Rovers fan?

We are told that the Indian consortium has a plan to take the club forward in a sustainable way. Why rubbish it before it has even seen the light of day?

I'm not sure we've been told anything one could consider reliable. The more I read of these people the more they seem like a collection of second hand car salesmen. How on earth does someone using Twitter in this manner expect to be taken seriously?

i have to agree with Philip, this whole process has gone on for far too long. By now, if Shah and his guys had the money, then they would have at least been at a more advance stage. Agree with Alank as well, its getting ridiculous now the amount of money flying around. All it will take, is for the FA to step in and say that there will be limits put in place.

AlanK has got it 100% right.

The form of ownership we have now is likely to be a big advantage to Rovers in the coming years.

I know I have been urging calm and caution saying deals take a long time to be concluded which are right for all sides but if there were no extremely worrying question marks over the potential purchasers, their intentions and continued funding, a deal in principle would have been done by now.

People here are extremely cynical but you really have to take the Trust at their word. The fact they say little and infrequently does not invalidate what they do say.

They will sell to owners in whose hands Rovers will have a better future than in their's. That is what they have said they will do and no doubt at some point is what will happen.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the Trust prefers to do its work silently. Therefore any potential purchaser be it a Dan Williams or a Saurin Shah/Chris Nathaniel who has plenty to say before completing the basics is not of the style the Trust likes to do business with.

I had hoped the rumoured silent bidder would be the bidder who has the resources and the long term commitment but if he has been around for six months, I return to my comment above. If they really have the best interests of the club at heart, the deal would have been done in principle by now and it clearly has not happened.

The great news for Rovers' fans is we have extremely good owners in whose hands we are as safe as we could be given the poverty and lack of numbers of the fan base which is such a massive turn-off to pretty well all commercial interests which do not have some other affinity to the club or town. If anyone doubts my comments. look at the Bleacher Report article posted here last week and ask if you would be happy buying into Rovers if you were not a Rovers fan?

But the current owners have done nothing. They may well be wanting to sell to the write people - which is good. But not supporting the club in the transfer market is doing harm to the club. Just the 3 million a year they used to give Rovers would be a bit of a boost. But without investment in players - (which would bring success on the field and make the club attractive for any potential buyer) - the club is in serious trouble. So on one hand they are helping the club, but on the other they have been and are continueing to risk the future of this club by withdrawing financial backing. Sam isn't srcreaming for nothing. He has pleaded with funds for awhile. He is as fustrated about the current situation as the fans are, and this is the trustees doing.

But whilst SA gets us finishing 10th with little investment the Trust are not going to lump any money in are they? I would be interesting to see what the Trust would do if we are bottom of the table at Christmas and looking in real danger of being relegated.

and the best way to enhance that field, is to withdraw your support, bringing all interested parties into the reckoning. This withdrawal of support, after quite some time looking unsuccessfully for buyers who can improve on the trusts support, isn't a coincidence Philip.

Logically Den, would you keep pouring money into a business that you are trying to offload?

I realise that it's somewhat of a gamble, but that seems to be the way the trust wants to play it.

Well logically, all I would ask is that the trustees work towards their obligations.

I'm just pointing out to Philip, that by withdrawing all funding, the trustees are opening the sale up to any party that can put tuppence in.

That's a new point thrown into the ring? Maybe a cynical viewpoint, but nontheless, a valid point?

The great news for Rovers' fans is we have extremely good owners in whose hands we are as safe as we

All the evidence suggests the present owners want the club off their hands and are willing to sell at any cost. Your rose-tinted view of the Walkers makes no sense at all.

All the evidence suggests the present owners want the club off their hands and are willing to sell at any cost. Your rose-tinted view of the Walkers makes no sense at all.

Surely if the Walkers wanted us off their hands at any price the move would have happened already?

Isnt the whole reason for why this process is taking so long is because the Walkers/their representatives are ensuring that the people who are looking to buy the club have the financial capability to sustain the club in the long term..???

Or making sure that they make enough money out of any deal, look at Wolves they were sold for £1 on the proviso that £70 million was invested, the Walkers want a pay off of £45 million pounds plus someone to take on the clubs debt, thats why the deal is taking so long

Archived